Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
046oh
Human being with feelings

Default need help with rendering

I have a track which has a VST instrument with its parameters modulated.
Is there a way I can create export a selected portion of this track only and export it as an audio file WITH the modulation envelope, so I can re-import it to my project?
I find that simply doing the "apply fx as new take" doesn't work because 1)the item has to be in the vst track for it to be played back correctly 2) it ignores the modulation envelope
046oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 046oh View Post
I have a track which has a VST instrument with its parameters modulated.
Is there a way I can create export a selected portion of this track only and export it as an audio file WITH the modulation envelope, so I can re-import it to my project?
There are at least a couple of ways to do this.

You can add a track and set it up to record it's output. To do that you can Right click on the Arm button and select Record: output>Record: output (mono or stereo). Then route the track(s) you want to render to that track. You'll have to render it in realtime and be sure you have your folder set up in the "Project Settings".

The other way is to time select the section you want to render, solo the track(s) you want to render, then go to File>Render. Set up to render the time selection along with all the other pertinent info and then check mark the box that says "Add rendered items to new track in project". Then simply hit "Render 1 file..".
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote