Old 01-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
talustalus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 119
Default [SOLVED] Transport issue for Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2

Hi,

Thanks to the creator of this (and other modded LCS) themes. Love them.

I'm trying to use the subject theme, but my only issue is there are no transport buttons (play/stop/rec/repeat/etc.). Just empty space (yes, Transport view is enabled so it's not that).

I unzipped the file twice (the same Zip file twice that is, not sure if that's the way to go about it).

Any help?

-Thx

Edit: I'm on a 4k screen and I just realized that the width is what it concealing the transport function buttons. If I make the Reaper window narrower the buttons show, then wider the buttons get hidden behind the transport status area which widens with the screen.

Last edited by talustalus; 01-28-2019 at 04:04 PM.
talustalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
Hi,

Thanks to the creator of this (and other modded LCS) themes. Love them.
You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying them.
Please always post questions regarding LCS themes in the appropriate thread.
The link to the thread is always included in each theme's Stash page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
I'm trying to use the subject theme, but my only issue is there are no transport buttons (play/stop/rec/repeat/etc.). Just empty space (yes, Transport view is enabled so it's not that).

I unzipped the file twice (the same Zip file twice that is, not sure if that's the way to go about it).

Any help?

-Thx

Edit: I'm on a 4k screen and I just realized that the width is what it concealing the transport function buttons. If I make the Reaper window narrower the buttons show, then wider the buttons get hidden behind the transport status area which widens with the screen.
Do you have the latest version?
I ask because this issue was brought up before by another 4K monitor user and the default transport layout in the latest version appeared to fix the issue for him.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
talustalus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying them.
Please always post questions regarding LCS themes in the appropriate thread.
The link to the thread is always included in each theme's Stash page.


Do you have the latest version?
I ask because this issue was brought up before by another 4K monitor user and the default transport layout in the latest version appeared to fix the issue for him.
Apologies for not posting in the right place. Thanks for responding here.

I have the latest Sept 2018 (?) version of the theme, still has the same issue - Gray also has this problem. The other LCS themes do not have this problem.
talustalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:34 PM   #4
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
Apologies for not posting in the right place. Thanks for responding here.

I have the latest Sept 2018 (?) version of the theme, still has the same issue - Gray also has this problem. The other LCS themes do not have this problem.
Rename the RTCONFIG.txt the file located in the the theme's image folder
Copy the RTCONFIG.txt file attached to this post(**) into that folder and reload the the theme.
The theme will now have 3 additional Transport layouts from the LCS_Blue theme.
- Blue Default
- Centered Controls
- R4 Default

reload the theme, test the new layouts and let me know if one or all of them work.

**NOTE: the file was removed and re-posted along with the fix in the main thread for the Solaris LCS theme.
See post #177 on this page:


https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=184072&page=5

.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 01-28-2019 at 10:08 PM.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:09 AM   #5
talustalus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
Rename the RTCONFIG.txt file located in the the theme's image folder
Copy the RTCONFIG.txt file attached to this post into that folder and reload the the theme.
The theme will now have 3 additional Transport layouts from the LCS_Blue theme.
- Blue Default
- Centered Controls
- R4 Default

reload the theme, test the new layouts and let me know if one or all of them work.
they ALL work. Thank you!

Is there a file I can replace in this theme that would give me the mixer theme of another, e.g. LCS Mod Short v3.0 Dark?

Last edited by talustalus; 01-28-2019 at 02:16 AM. Reason: edit
talustalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:59 AM   #6
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
they ALL work. Thank you!

Is there a file I can replace in this theme that would give me the mixer theme of another, e.g. LCS Mod Short v3.0 Dark?
No, That theme and this one have very different elements.
Extensive modifications to the RTCONFIG and additional image files would be required.
LCS Blue and Solaris LCS have similar Transport elements, so it was just a matter copying the the layouts from one theme's RTCONFIG to the other.
No WALTER code changes or additional image files are needed.

What would be the purpose?
Why not just use LCS-mod_Short_Dark v3.0 theme?
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:03 AM   #7
talustalus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
No, That theme and this one have very different elements.
Extensive modifications to the RTCONFIG and additional image files would be required.
LCS Blue and Solaris LCS have similar Transport elements, so it was just a matter copying the the layouts from one theme's RTCONFIG to the other.
No WALTER code changes or additional image files are needed.

What would be the purpose?
Why not just use LCS-mod_Short_Dark v3.0 theme?
I like the control panel template of Blue v2, and mixer of Short dark v3.
No big deal.

Thank you for helping me with the transport sizing issue!
talustalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:39 AM   #8
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
Thank you for helping me with the transport sizing issue!
no problem. It was an easy fix.
I will update the theme in Stash later so those layouts are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
I like the control panel template of Blue v2, and mixer of Short dark v3.
Not sure what you mean by "control panel template", but I'm guessing you mean the default TCP layout.
To do a mash up, you will need to make a copy of the theme being modded.
Then copy all the mixer image files needed to the new theme's image folder.
then open the new theme's RTCONFIG and copy the mixer layout you want from the other theme.
It's a little more involved that it sounds if it's your first mod, but mostly it requires time to test and fix errors or to find missing image files.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #9
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 537
Default

@talustalus
Please change the title of this thread.
It is causing confusion with the main thread for the theme because the titles are so similar.
Please add "Transport issue" to the end of the title like this:

Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2: transport issue

.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #10
talustalus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
@talustalus
Please change the title of this thread.
It is causing confusion with the main thread for the theme because the titles are so similar.
Please add "Transport issue" to the end of the title like this:

Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2: transport issue

.
Done.
talustalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #11
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 537
Default

Awesome, thanks!
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.