Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 12-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
Tinderwet
Human being with feelings

Default 'Boar in the Moat' is an improvised polyphonic acoustic guitar solo

Starring: two boars, but one of them is playing a guitar.
Tinderwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Don't wanna be too critical, but in general solo improv a lot more fun to do than it is to watch. Since you're putting in so much effort to the presentation, why not some actual songs?
Old 12-08-2022, 06:50 PM   #3
Tinderwet

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Don't wanna be too critical, but in general solo improv a lot more fun to do than it is to watch. Since you're putting in so much effort to the presentation, why not some actual songs?
Thank you, foxAsteria! I upload an improvisation daily, this upload frequency wouldn't be possible with non-improvised, well rehearsed compositions, because it takes time to learn a tune. In my improvisations, I strive to play music that's melodic, tonal and song-like. Interestingly, when sometimes I don't mention that they are improvisations, there are people (some of them are musicians) who think they are compositions.

You can read more about my improvisation in the following interview: Free Improvisation Guitar – The Interview

I did many original (composed) songs as well, here's the latest solo guitar one:

I also composed and recorded fully arranged songs with drums, keyboards, guitars, bass (no kazoo though); for example:

Old 12-08-2022, 07:54 PM   #4
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderwet View Post
Thank you, foxAsteria! I upload an improvisation daily, this upload frequency wouldn't be possible with non-improvised, well rehearsed compositions
I see, well that's of course a valid endeavor. I also thought about recording or livestreaming my whole songwriting process. Idk if that would be fun to watch. It's a long and slow process. But I guess you never know.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:20 PM   #5
Tinderwet

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I also thought about recording or livestreaming my whole songwriting process. Idk if that would be fun to watch.
The truth is, the majority of people are not interested by default, and YT will not show it to masses until you seriously advertise it & buy tremendous amounts of traffic (views, comments, likes).

I have yet to seen a small channel without loads of paid traffic (like the usual tell-tale sign, the blatantly fake comments) to miraculously gain momentum. Going viral is a fairy tale.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:41 PM   #6
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderwet View Post
Going viral is a fairy tale.
It also sounds like a nightmare.