Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #281
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

ah ! C Kleine, from Hermann & Kleine (Morr music). He nows works for Ableton.
I have some EP he released some years ago, i like it.

Pluggo is a bit like a plugin format (in fact it is a tool for creating plugins, which needs pluggo runtime engine to run, a bit like Reaktor).
There are many nice free pluggo plugins (but you need to install the pluggo runtime engine first).
But these ones are for mac only ("Here are some Plug-ins for your own convenience all for OS X (UB) and Pluggo. ").

But here you'll find several free pluggo plugins, and by googling around, you'll find dozens of them
http://cycling74.com/products/plugins

Cheers
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #282
jamester

Yes the Pluggo concept is quite cool, and I can't wait to see how it gets incorporated into Live. Have to wait till the next version of Live, unfortunately...
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #283
brother snag

Default Thanks for the tip off

Thanks Sinkmusic for the tip, i'm downloading the RE at the moment...hopefully that should sort out the pluggo problem.

I think I bought the same Christian Kleine EP as you...although he's been a bit quite lately.

In the meantime i've been trying out the delamancha plugins

http://www.delamancha.co.uk

recommended a couple of threads ago...they are great! Totally lo-fi in all aspects. Exactly what I have been looking for.
brother snag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM   #284
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

You're welcome.
You have the same EP than me, and i have the same MS-20 with Phil Rees box as you
Glad you like the DLM plugs : they rock !
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:55 AM   #285
brother snag

Default ms20

It is my prize possession...picked it up in london (1995) via Loot (a free ads paper) for £150 plus a small Gem synth for £100...a very good day.

got the CK pluggos to work, they are pretty twisted, not sure how they all work but it has definitely opened the door into a new world of noise creation. Shame i can only use them on my old G4 lap so i haven't been able to try it out with Reaper.
brother snag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:35 AM   #286
Leitmotif

Default Maybe these are already mentioned, but just again...

Some of my favourites (might have already been mentioned)...

VOXENGO BOOGEX
Great guitar amp sim. Supports external impulse files for the cab emulation. 64bit processing! (Amplitube is only 32bit).
http://www.voxengo.com

VOXENGO SPAN
Spectrum analyser. Indespensible tool for mastering.

VOXENGO TUBE AMP
Does exactly what it says on the tin... and does it *well*. There's a lot of very expensive plugins that do nothing more than what this does and a lot of them aren't even as good.

VOXENGO STEREO TOUCH
Widens mono tracks into psuedo stereo. Got a mono synth sound you want to widen? Like all Voxengo plugs it's 64bit.

VOXENGO OLD SKOOL VERB
Reverb... "old skool" style. Nothing terribly special, but it does sound great on lead guitars, rock vocals, etc.

KJAERHUS CLASSIC SERIES
Shame they're only 32bit. Be warned, these could potentially make Reaper's 64bit processing fruitless. But they're cool. The reverb sounds great. I wouldn't recommend the "Master Limiter" for mastering, but it's quite useful for tracks. Just remember it's 32bit and will say goodbye to your 64bit processing up to that point.
http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

SILVERSPIKE RUBY TUBE
Another pretty good tube driver. Like the limiter option, it makes it like a good saturator (a little bit like a Fairchild 670 or the LA-2A). It's 32bit, so it'll render Reaper's 64bit processing pointless. But it's still cool.
http://www.silverspike.com/?Products:RubyTube

SILVERSPIKE ROOM MACHINE 844
Room modeler. Not a reverb, it gives great reflections minus the tails. A little "dead" by reverb standards, and not great for drums since you get strage copies of the hats appearing, but good for vocals. Again, it's 32bit, so use it wisely. Put it on a send bus. That way, your original vocal track (or whatever) remains 64bit.
http://www.silverspike.com/?Products:RoomMachine_844

DAKRWARE FX AND SYNTHS
Darkware. Where to begin? I can sum up Jack Dark's Darkware effects and synths as... crazy freakin' hentai-skinned barbaric dementia. Great for when you want to make people feel ill. Don't get me wrong; they have their uses. I love Syntendo. If you don't like cartoon nudity, you won't like some of the GUIs. And if you don't like frank colloquial expletives, better not look at Jack Dark's site at all. Or grow up, get a sense of humour, then look at it
http://www.jackdark.net/darkware.html

Just a few of the free plugs I like to use sometimes. I use Voxengo plugins (free and commercial) a lot. I absolutely swear by Voxengo plugs! Awesome through-and-through.

So many plugins do what they say on the tin and nothing more. Voxengo plugs have what you could call "character". It's like having a rack of vintage analogue gear. You could try three examples of the exact same analogue compressor and get slightly different characters -- same with guitar amps and anything that involves a tube/valve. Most Voxengo plugs have a selection of tube processing modes to choose from to get different characters. That's why I love Voxengo plugs.

Just a little rant about Voxengo. Try them! They're worth the money. Even the free ones are an insult to be free.

Last edited by Leitmotif; 11-22-2007 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention Darkware!
Leitmotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:29 AM   #287
Art Evans
Mortal

Quote:
Just remember it's 32bit and will say goodbye to your 64bit processing up to that point.
If the point of 64 bits (or even 32) is to give you huge amounts of headroom during processing, and the point of a hard limiter is to chop everything above full scale off, then does it matter that you've lost the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit, when by definition you won't be using that headroom anyway after the limiter?
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 AM   #288
Kainer

My problem is that Reaper crashes with nearly the half of the plugins i use. all freeware. that sucks.
Pos1 button causes crash, fx-change causes crash, set loop causes crash.... and so on.

i save every minute cause it crashes nearly every 5 minutes. i go back to logic and try Reaper in a few weeks again.
Kainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #289
pattonfreak1

Default Giga-faves.

These are all my faves.
They find their way into everything:
MonstaChorus
Togu Audio Line (excellent phaser, flanger, and preamp)
Dirthead THE BEST FREE AMP SIM EVER!
Antress pulgins These are good for your mix/master (honorable mention to TbT)
Elogoxa's Xcita is a great low/high freq enhancer
And finally the one effect on ALL my vocals:
Camel Crusher
Old 11-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #290
Billoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans View Post
If the point of 64 bits (or even 32) is to give you huge amounts of headroom during processing,...

For me, headroom isnt the issue as i keep everything below 0db as a habit...the advantage is the extra precision that 64bit gives, which gets lost when you introduce a 32bit plugin into the signal path.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #291
Billoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitmotif View Post
Like all Voxengo plugs it's 64bit.
Just to clarify this...they use 64bit internal processing but only 32bit i/o. So you still lose the 64bit signal using these plugs, if thats of any concern to you.

You can use Schwas Bitter plug to take a look at what youre getting if youre interested.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #292
xxavengeatticaxx

This is a cool one

http://www.soniccharge.com/products

Sonic Charge µTonic (pronounced "MicroTonic") is a VST / AU plug-in for Windows and Mac featuring a unique drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine.

You can use µTonic as a sound module to play drum sounds from your MIDI keyboard or sequencer, or you can use the built-in pattern engine to play drum patterns in sync with your sequencer. The sound of µTonic is 100% synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.
xxavengeatticaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #293
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billoon View Post
Just to clarify this...they use 64bit internal processing but only 32bit i/o. So you still lose the 64bit signal using these plugs, if thats of any concern to you.

You can use Schwas Bitter plug to take a look at what youre getting if youre interested.
Bitter doesn't display 64bit float vs 32bit float, or does it? It only displays wether you are in the integer domain and how low you are there, no?
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #294
Billoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Bitter doesn't display 64bit float vs 32bit float, or does it? It only displays wether you are in the integer domain and how low you are there, no?
I just meant its easy to see what youre getting out of a plug using Bitter...take a look.

After a 32bit plug...

[IMG]http://img511.**************/img511/750/32sp2.png[/IMG]

...and after a 64bit plug.

[IMG]http://img141.**************/img141/6060/64zz0.png[/IMG]
Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #295
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Hi ... Bitter displays the information value in bits. If the signal is 24 bit integer, the lowest bar will be 24, if the signal is 32 bit float, the lowest bar will be 32, etc. So yes, it does tell you if a plugin is converting your 64-bit float signal into 32-bit float.

(By the way Bitter is a free plug-in, so this is still on-topic )

Last edited by schwa; 12-02-2007 at 10:54 AM.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #296
S-N-S

have been searching for nebula 3 the free version,but cant find it anywhere??

S-N-S

www.myspace.com/scandinaviannoizesyndicate

FOR NEWS AND INFO
http://digitalvomit.wikidot.com/scan...oize-syndicate
S-N-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #297
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Hi ... Bitter displays the information value in bits. If the signal is 24 bit integer, the lowest bar will be 24, if the signal is 32 bit float, the lowest bar will be 32, etc. So yes, it does tell you if a plugin is converting your 64-bit float signal into 32-bit float.

Woah, nice! So how does it do it? I mean I know it can be done somehow, but if I think about it it would be a hell of complicated, so there is a easy solution to it? Haha, anyway, really nice.

So but this means it would display 32 bit float the same way as 32 bit int, right? Would be nice to have a indicator for wether it is float or int.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #298
xxavengeatticaxx

On the microTONIC, does anyone know how to make the robot voice when you first open it go away. It says "Please consider buying you copy of the microtonic." I cant actually test the product to see if i want to buy it untill that voice thing is gone. Ayone know how to fix it?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #299
jamester

Last I checked MicroTonic wasn't free (which is what this thread is about). The way to get the robot voice to go away is to pay for it!

Be careful however, it doesn't work in Reaper for me and a few others. At least not the last time I checked...don't know if anything's been fixed since.
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #300
xxavengeatticaxx

on the soundcharge.com page, under downloads, it says it was free to all users.

i just wanted to try it out before i paid 90 bucks for it, just to see what it was capable of.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #301
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post

I was under the impression from a post Justin made a while ago, that all files were converted internally by Reaper into 64-bit floats by default. Is this not correct?

If so, all files would show up as 64-bit, correct?

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #302
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. moon View Post
I was under the impression from a post Justin made a while ago, that all files were converted internally by Reaper into 64-bit floats by default. Is this not correct?

If so, all files would show up as 64-bit, correct?
Reaper handles everything internally at 64 bits, but if an input signal (from say a 24-bit A/D converter, or from a 32-bit VST) contains fewer than 64 bits of information, it will still show up in Bitter as a 24 or 32 bit signal, until meaningful processing is done by Reaper (by say moving a fader, or inserting a ReaPlug). Bitter shows the information value in bits, not the file or signal depth in bits.

Not to get too OT though, we could talk about it more over in this thread if anyone is overcome by morbid curiosity.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #303
hamish

Default woah! thanks for the link

Hi, this reply is mainly to pattonfreak1 for the link to 'dirthead' . I've been keeping my eye on this thread for a while now and as a professional gtr amp sim user (gtr tutor) I've had massive use of tubebaby, but gave up on him (nikko) doing an update as I checked his site for over a year for nothing. If 'dirthead' really does blow tubebaby away then it should be good to see. BTW re bitter I noticed that with 24 bit integer there is a full width base line, wheareas with 32 and 64 float signals there is that pointy egg? shaped metering?? Anyhow an essential free plug for sure.

While I'm here I'll share my 2-3 year amp sim experience. Started with Cakewalk FX amp sim, (DX, rendered in cooledit 1.2 - no realtime driver). Progressed to realtime in logic, discovering tubebaby, which is highly recomended for newbie use. Aquiring more CPU power I was able to get good use out of Voxengo boogex. Boogex deserves special mention as it can import high quality impulses, not limited to amp cabinet, so it even can be used like SIR, with the advantage of latency compensation which SIR couldn't manage.

A great free substitute for a full featured amp sim + stomp box rig is freeamp2. If you have plenty of CPU it is a great interface and cool sounds. (I have some crackle problems when running 2 instances during lessons in REAPER on celeron 1.8 with 760 Mb ram)

I found the Juicy 77 recco in this thread and now use and recommend it myself (I like to start my braver students off with REAPER and boogex + freeamp2 as soon as they get their first ASIO driven audio interface)

While on free vs pay I think sims like boogex and juicy 77 blow away the payones I have seen. Even splitting your mono gtr wav with Kjaerhus Classic Chorus and bi-amping using two instances of tubebaby can get some fat results.

I messed about with demo of DX 'revalver'

Stick with free VST

Hamish

PS partial list of other ampsims I have used: (out of 5 *****)

Magix audio studio **
Cortex ***
G-suite (aka simulanalog) ***
G-amp Classic **
Green amp (or something, wurr audio) **
REAPER JS amp sim ** (even if it is 64 bit)
Stomp n FX DS **
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #304
jhardin

The developer of the T-Sledge Multiband compressor's site is gone, but I found a new place to download the free plug in...

http://rekkerd.org/sweetboy-vst/
jhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #305
jhardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex zonder View Post
"Prodyspace is a new kind of 4d-Panner which has been designed to put Instruments within a mix to the front or to the back. To achieve this effect, the Prodyspace uses delay-modulation (kind of spatial processing), intelligent filtering and very short reverberation
Not only you can place sounds in the left or right within a mix, now it´s even possible to place them in the front or back of a mix. This allows easy working with all types of sound sources. The Prodyspace has been designed to make it easier working with instruments that are different to mix. Now, mixing Instruments is a breeze!"

Works very well, imo, for room simulation. Left in the back of the room there's your bassist freaking, far to his right the drummer is going nuts, the guitarist is moving to the front playing slide with a bottle of Smirnoff and to his left the singer is shouting to shut the fuck up -

http://www.prodyon.de/prodyspace.htm

... but it will also bring a string quartet to life
The Prodyspace download is gone???? It took some searching but here is a new download link. http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/...prodyspace.rar

John
jhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #306
LOSER

I think those aren't listed here yet: http://loser.asseca.com/ .
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #307
pattonfreak1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-S View Post
have been searching for nebula 3 the free version,but cant find it anywhere??
Here ya go
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #308
S-N-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonfreak1 View Post

thanx really appreciate it

S-N-S

FOR NEWS AND INFO
Old 12-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #309
hamish

Default free compressors

These are pretty useful, basic look and easy to use.

http://www.x-buz.com/BuzCompFree.html
Old 12-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #310
hamish

Default 64 bit mastering eq

This interface is fiddly but the unit is really good, like all this coders stuff

http://www.geocities.jp/webmaster_of_sss/vst/#lpgeq2

hamish
Old 12-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #311
hamish

Default too popular

Quote:
Please note the new download location for these plugs:

http://antress.myweb.hinet.net/

...also note that they are up to version 1.60 which includes presets and new effects!

-mr moon
It looks like you all made too much noise about antress, because his free site host is trying to cash in on his popularity, just blocking his page and putting up flash ads.....
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #312
Alteregoxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
It looks like you all made too much noise about antress, because his free site host is trying to cash in on his popularity, just blocking his page and putting up flash ads.....
The new url is this
http://www.modernplugins.in-tw.com/
the last version of antress plugins is 3.25 and include a GML8200 simulation...but seems that the domain has temporarily been disabled...fortunately i had already downloaded them...
Alteregoxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:30 PM   #313
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteregoxxx View Post
The new url is this
http://www.modernplugins.in-tw.com/
the last version of antress plugins is 3.25 and include a GML8200 simulation...but seems that the domain has temporarily been disabled...fortunately i had already downloaded them...
Here's a functioning one with 3.25 posted!

http://users2.titanichost.com/antress/download.html

-mr moon

Old 12-16-2007, 03:56 AM   #314
S-N-S

Quote:
Here's a functioning one with 3.25 posted!

http://users2.titanichost.com/antress/download.html

-mr moon

thanx really like these plug-ins

S-N-S

FOR NEWS AND INFO
Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 AM   #315
hamish

Default got 'em!

Yep that is a good link. Great work mr moon.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:01 AM   #316
daverich

I haven't really found any magic freebies recently but I still use

Refined Audiometrics CLAS
BlockFish
Spitfish
Dominion (try this is you haven't got the UAD transient designer)

oh- and of course the wonderful Overtone EQ from voxengo- that thing is great and sounds incredible.

Kind regards

Dave Rich
daverich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #317
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
Yep that is a good link. Great work mr moon.
No Problemo! I work in IT as my "real" job, so I'm used to digging up valid URLs for stuff!

-mr moon

Old 12-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #318
hamish

Default great old post on page 5 by efaithfarm

This thread is getting large these days, and I just found this great post back on page five

http://www.emptyseatsband.com/download.html

user efaithfarm has put a sick page with his favorite FX plugs, I found all my old favorites such as the mda series plus such exiting new stuff as the LUXONIX module.

thanks efaithfarm!

Last edited by hamish; 12-19-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: ... errr ... ni vu ni connu
Old 01-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #319
hamish

Default use your DMO's

Tobias Fleischer, responsible for some of the sickest sounding VSTi's ever created also has made some amazingly useful stuff, I found this ages ago and I haven't really tested them yet in REAPER.

quote from his site
"DMOBag contains VST wrapper plugins for all
so-called DMOs (DirectX Media Objects) included
with DirectX9. You only need to have DX9 installed,
then you get two cool reverbs (one from Waves!),
chorus, flanger, gargle, EQ, distortion, compressor
and echo, all for free..."

http://www.tobybear.de/p_sourcebag.html

I have tried them as multi-channel and they do work. My favorite is the DMO I3DL2 Reverb.dll just copy it and rename it to DMO I3DL2 Reverb-Stereo.dll and it becomes stereo. Amazing.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #320
mschuster

found this one over on the andy sneap forum. gave it a ride this morning... not too shabby...

signal modelling/saturation

http://rekkerd.org/bootsy-releases-tesslase-vst/
mschuster is offline   Reply With Quote