COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Justin
Administrator

Default Welcome to the WDL forum

The WDL homepage is http://cockos.com/wdl .. If you are a C++ programmer and use it, feel free to post here to ask questions or share your findings..

Cheers,

Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Defenestration
Human being with feelings

Many thanks for releasing this library of code - some of the classes are exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm curious though, as to why you have not used the STL or Boost libraries for some of the memory management, storage containers, file traversing etc ?

Is it because it wasn't efficient enough, or were there other reasons ?

I ask because I am starting to use the STL and Boost a bit more in my code, but have seen a few articles which tend to indicate they are not as efficient as they could be. What are your thoughts on the STL and Boost libraries ?

BTW, I'm currently using MS Visual Studio 2005, but have seen performance boosts of around 10%-15% with code compiled with Intel's C++ compiler (including on AMD CPU's) so am considering using that instead. What is REAPER compiled with ?
Defenestration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
Christophe
Immortal

Some of the reasons why we decided against using STL is that we think it is big, bloated and a big PITA to use We usually like to keep thing small and simple.

REAPER now has some sections compiled with the Intel C++ compiler which definitly sped up some of the program internal loops.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote