Old 01-30-2018, 12:50 AM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default iOS One Cable FRFR setup

Here is my setup for convenience in that the only cable I actually have to plug in at a show is a single power cable! Everything that can be is wireless and battery powered.

The very basic building blocks here are an iPad, an FRFR wedge (in this case, an Alto TS210), and the IK Multimedia iRig Blueboard pedalboard and an expression pedal plugged into the Blueboard

The iPad is held in place with a scissor tablet holder, really adjustable and nice, but I'm open to other ideas.

The audio interface (in this case a Sonoma Wireworks StudioJack Mini) and wireless receiver (Line6 G30) are velcro'd to the speaker. This will most definitely void your warranty, and there are other ways to do it, but in my case, I drilled a hole in the speaker cabinet and soldered a powerstrip to the A/C input of the speaker. Note that the A/C input is unswitched, which is why I opted for a switched power strip here. I hot glued the power strip to the cabinet.

Wrap up and zip tie the power adapter cables between the power strip and the devices

Add a Direct Box and hot glue it to the back (I also tried to take apart this speaker's electronics and just put the direct box's guts into the spare jack to clean it up further, but there were a lot of surface mount parts, so I thought better of it)

You definitely DO NOT want a soundman stupid enough to try and mic up an FRFR to try and mic up YOUR FRFR, the Direct Box helps avoid that silliness

In my case, the stereo TRS out of the Audio Interface goes to the Speaker input and the DI input.

Add some right angle plugs if need be to really clean things up!

All that's left is to plug in the IEC cord

pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Next task: replace the pedalboard with a wireless and battery powered Behringer FCB1010 and replace the iPad with a windows tablet and REAPER!
Old 01-30-2018, 03:44 AM   #3
ivansc
Human being with feelings

....and maybe edit the picture file to something that fits in a screen smaller than my whole living room? Would love to see what this looks like but it is HUGE
Old 01-30-2018, 04:52 AM   #4
alanofoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
....and maybe edit the picture file to something that fits in a screen smaller than my whole living room? Would love to see what this looks like but it is HUGE
No problem with that here, but I'm using the Reaper 5 forum theme and Chrome.

alanofoz, aka Alan of Australia
alanofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
ivansc

full screen on my 23" monitor using chrome and the reaper 5 setup, hose photos are double the width of my screen and blurry as hell. Don't tell me, Alan - you have a 48" 4k monitor?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
karbomusic

Quote:
Don't tell me, Alan - you have a 48" 4k monitor?
He uses the V5 theme which has the opposite problem, on a large monitor you lose 50% of screen real estate just to workaround big images.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #7
pipelineaudio
Mortal

weird, it looks normal here
Old 01-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
He uses the V5 theme which has the opposite problem, on a large monitor you lose 50% of screen real estate just to workaround big images.
Aha! Misunderstood the Reaper 5 part & had forgotten I had switched back because the fonts used in the R5 version look like shit on my system. Maybe I need new glasses....

(grin) got round it by displaying the pics on BOTH of my 23" screens.

And either I need new glasses or you need a better camera, pipe! blurrrrrryyyyyyyyyy
Old 01-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #9
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Yeah, this phone camera sucks

I'd be using the ipad in the pic to take pics normally, but that would be recursive and spin the universe into an infinite regress time/space paradox in this case

Does anyone know the code for resizing images on this forum software? None of the regular BBCode commands for it work for me
Old 01-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #10
alanofoz

Quote:
full screen on my 23" monitor using chrome and the reaper 5 setup, hose photos are double the width of my screen and blurry as hell. Don't tell me, Alan - you have a 48" 4k monitor?
Surface Pro 4. I can't test my normal setup until sometime on Saturday - I'm 1000km from home until then. The normal setup is the same SP4 plus dock plus 2 22" monitors. Chrome normally lives on one of the 22" monitors, but I'm very sure that with the Reaper 5 forum theme I'd still see what I'm seeing now.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #11
karbomusic

Quote:
because the fonts used in the R5 version look like shit on my system. Maybe I need new glasses....
It's the total loss of real estate I care about on my end. Not only the wasted space but with the reduced, non-expanding post area, everything wraps more, causing more scrolling, almost as bad as browsing on a cell phone...

Old 01-31-2018, 03:04 AM   #12
alanofoz

Hmmm... no problem here with fonts or lack of screen real estate. Can't demonstrate before the weekend though. Pity! The Reaper 5 theme is the only one that allows this thread to fit the screen, all others require lots of horizontal scrolling.

Just checked a thread with no pics. On my system the R5 theme uses the width better than any other, varying from much better than the R1 & R2 themes to slightly better than the R3 theme. The fonts look the same between R3 & R5, but slightly smaller with R5. No need for new specs (but my optometrist did a great job last time!)