Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
geraintluff
Human being with feelings

Default Hammer And Chord - Polyphonic String Resonator

EDIT 2018-04-23 - I've added two demo/tutorial videos to my YouTube playlist

-------------------------

OK, I know I've spammed this board a lot recently (sorry) - I've been getting all my ideas out while I have free time before I start a new job next week.

Here's my latest synth/effect: "Hammer And Chord", a polyphonic string resonator. This effect (and its monophonic counterpart Hammer And String) have been added to my JSFX collection (ReaPack or download from Stash).

Here's a basic example that includes a few different plucked instruments, and then use as a multi-string resonator against a drum track.

Here's a short demo track to show the cool things that can be done with the resonator. In this track, a set of resonators (pitch controlled by MIDI) are all hooked up to one input source (the drum track), with some delays so that the drum hits reach the resonators at different times (to produce a pattern instead of a chord), plus some chorus/EQ/reverb for ambience. Here's the project file (you'll need Hammer And String, Spring Box, and Sandwich Amp from my JSFX set) so you can see the rhythms aren't coming from the MIDI.

Last edited by geraintluff; 04-23-2018 at 03:18 AM.
geraintluff is offline   Reply With Quote