Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 05-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #1
Bloopy
Human being with feelings

Default Dead Kid Harvester - The First Sign of Madness

It's great to be able to say I've finally released my debut album on CD. It only took me nearly 10 years to record (there was a lot of procrastination involved). I have to thank Reaper, as it's hard to imagine I could've finished it even in that time without it.

The music is haphazard industrial noise using vocals and samples of kitchen utensils. Comparable to Einstürzende Neubauten or early SPK, with a complete disregard for tempo and Residents-esque silliness. Not sure how well it'll go down here as my suitably horrible mixing and mastering fully captures the musically illiterate spirit of the project up to this point. But now I'm free to do things as differently as possible the next time around. Hopefully it at least looks eye-catching! See the Dead Kid Harvester website for more info.

Last edited by Bloopy; 09-05-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Bloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
RDBOIS
Banned

Tabarnak! C'est complétement débile mentale ton affaire. In a good way.

That was both frighting and funny at the same time. Thank goodness I don't take magic shrooms anymore - this song needs a warning -

"Warning - Do not listen on shrooms".

LOL

"... Instruments used include a wooden spoon, an oven tray, and an egg slicer played with knives..."

Very creative and unique.

RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
Bloopy
Human being with feelings

Thanks for checking out the song! It's a common theme among comments, but I can safely say that no drugs influenced the making of the album. I may have done a few menial bits of work here and there after getting home with some beer in my stomach. Which brings me to the point that the album's first review has arrived. While it hasn't done the improbable and found itself in the hands of someone who likes it, it has fittingly inspired the invention of a drinking game called Name That Kitchen Utensil!