Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 03-23-2017, 08:14 PM   #41
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Right click big color box is NOT for remembering previous color. It is to set color to default ( no custom color).
Oh, I didn't know that! So with items/takes it resets them to whatever their "default" was...which in this case is whatever I had set the track color to. The item's color state in a sense is the "no custom color" state; the item does have a custom color but only because it adopted the color of the track (when I colored the track). The item itself wasn't colored individually; it was just following what I'd told Reaper to color the track.

I just did this test: coloring a track using Reaper's own color dialog (and the items on the track colored to the same color as the TCP/track automatically). Then I selected an item on that track, and used Reaper's own color dialog to change the item color (to make it different from the track/TCP color I had set). Then I used ReaNoir on the item, and right-clicked that large square at the top, it reverted the item's color to the track's color.

You probably know this already. I figured I would mention it for anyone else who doesn't understand.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #42
Spacemen Tree

I see you went and did your own thing... That's fine, I'm a bit burdened right now. Family stuff.

I see you got hooked Nice additions btw.

In your mod description I see this:
- Right-click a box to save Temporary color to that box
- Load/save different user palettes
- Left-click Save button to Save current palette or Right-Click to Save As
- Left-click Load button to load a new palette or Right-Click to load the default palette

I could swear that I had that in my original script... I didn't keep a changelog. Was it not working in some way?

One thing though, I am ok with you using the script to do your mods and all, but I would like you to kindly comply with the following:

In the "spirit" of my original script, please paste the links to the animal shelters in the original thread at the top of this thread, we all know people just want a download link so that info will most likely be overlooked, and I'm not ok with that.

Any donations, I kindly ask, should be headed to those places, or make it no donations.

Also, part of my original script had code written by spk77. I'm sure he won't object you using it, he was very kind when I asked him then, nonetheless maybe you should also clear it with him. Thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #43
esosotericmetal

This looks great. Is it working on macos?
esosotericmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #44
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemen Tree View Post
I see you went and did your own thing... That's fine, I'm a bit burdened right now. Family stuff.

I see you got hooked Nice additions btw.
Yes, it has become kind of an addiction! Thank you for the kind words! I did "my thing" just because I wanted to make it work exactly as I wanted. I shared it, without asking anything, because I thought it might interest other people too.

Quote:
In your mod description I see this:
- Left-click Load button to load a new palette or Right-Click to load the default palette

I could swear that I had that in my original script... I didn't keep a changelog. Was it not working in some way?
It is not a mod description but kind of a manual! Some of the functions were present but I moded them to work as I wanted. You can load both REAchelangelo and ReaNoir side by side and see how they differ in the manner they work.

Quote:
One thing though, I am ok with you using the script to do your mods and all, but I would like you to kindly comply with the following:

In the "spirit" of my original script, please paste the links to the animal shelters in the original thread at the top of this thread, we all know people just want a download link so that info will most likely be overlooked, and I'm not ok with that.

Any donations, I kindly ask, should be headed to those places, or make it no donations.
It is no donations, I have not asked anything. I will happily paste the links to the animal shelters though!

Quote:
Also, part of my original script had code written by spk77. I'm sure he won't object you using it, he was very kind when I asked him then, nonetheless maybe you should also clear it with him. Thanks
I am very grateful to you for having let me do my mod, and of course very grateful to spk77 and all the other guys who have helped us all with scripting. You are right, spk77 giving permission to you to use his code and you giving permission to me to mod your script does not necessarily mean that I have spk77's permission. So, I will kindly ask him just to be sure

If in any way you feel I am disrespectful or my mod degrades your work, then please let me know and I will immediately stop sharing the script. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2017, 01:36 AM   #45
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by esosotericmetal View Post
This looks great. Is it working on macos?
I have no idea because I cannot check it, but I guess it should
Old 03-24-2017, 01:52 AM   #46
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Oh, I didn't know that! So with items/takes it resets them to whatever their "default" was...which in this case is whatever I had set the track color to. The item's color state in a sense is the "no custom color" state; the item does have a custom color but only because it adopted the color of the track (when I colored the track). The item itself wasn't colored individually; it was just following what I'd told Reaper to color the track.

I just did this test: coloring a track using Reaper's own color dialog (and the items on the track colored to the same color as the TCP/track automatically). Then I selected an item on that track, and used Reaper's own color dialog to change the item color (to make it different from the track/TCP color I had set). Then I used ReaNoir on the item, and right-clicked that large square at the top, it reverted the item's color to the track's color.

You probably know this already. I figured I would mention it for anyone else who doesn't understand.
Correct! That is how Reaper works
Old 03-24-2017, 04:20 AM   #47
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Thank you very much for making the improvements!

EDIT: progress it does remember it's own window position now...

but it still does not go into the dock or docker

also... I think there is some confusion [maybe mine?] about what is an Item and what is a Take
If I have a single MIDI item on a track.. that to me is an Item ...not a take
If I have multiple 'takes' of MIDI ...all done in the same time space of that MIDI Item... then those are
'takes' ...at least that is my understanding...

So this lua currently does not seem to follow that logic as I would expect... Perhaps I am seeing it wrong???
Non empty items have 1 or more takes. If you didn't record multiple takes then they have 1 take (which coincides with the item, so you actually don't see it), but - with normal options set - if you assign a color to the take, it wins over the item color... to get back and see the item color you have to reset the take color (right click on the big swatch above Reanoir while take selected in Reanoir).

In general it doesn't make sense to mess up with take colors unless you have multiple takes on an item

Hope it make sense.

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:24 AM   #48
Gianfini

Reanoir 1.41 keeps stealing focus from Reaper...

g
Old 03-24-2017, 05:32 AM   #49
amagalma

It works correctly here. The only case that it can steal the focus is if you click on its window's title bar... In which case does it steal the focus for you?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:09 AM   #50
Gianfini

Quote:
It works correctly here. The only case that it can steal the focus is if you click on its window's title bar... In which case does it steal the focus for you?
Hi, yes if I click on the colors or other ReaNoir controls the focus remains to Reaper but when you launch it in the beginning focus is to ReaNoir

Try this
- Assign the key 'C' to Reanoir.lua
- hit C: Reanoir opens
- but now focus is out of Reaper... you have to hit a control in Reanoir before having control back (or close it)

g
Old 03-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #51
amagalma

UPDATE

24/3/2017: v1.42

+ ReaNoir does not steal focus when firstly launched
Old 03-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #52
Gianfini

Quote:
UPDATE

Thanks!!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #53
Fabian

Quote:
These issues, for the time, are beyond my capabilities but I 'll try to solve them!
Apparently no longer beyond your capabilities! Now it does remember its coordinates and opens on the screen it was last closed from. Great!

Thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #54
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
Apparently no longer beyond your capabilities! Now it does remember its coordinates and opens on the screen it was last closed from. Great!

Thanks
Thank cfillion for that
Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #55
amagalma

UPDATE
25/3/2017 v1.45

+ when script opens, if the previous loaded file was SWSColor, it gets loaded as an "unsaved palette"
+ corrected gradient creation for SWSColor files
Old 03-25-2017, 01:42 AM   #56
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Yes, it has become kind of an addiction! Thank you for the kind words! I did "my thing" just because I wanted to make it work exactly as I wanted. I shared it, without asking anything, because I thought it might interest other people too.
Yeah, totally understand that. I would indulge myself too but right now I've got to put some stuff on ice for a while.

Quote:
It is not a mod description but kind of a manual! Some of the functions were present but I moded them to work as I wanted. You can load both REAchelangelo and ReaNoir side by side and see how they differ in the manner they work.
Oh, I see... I haven't touched it in a year so memory is a bit fuzzy on that.

Quote:
It is no donations, I have not asked anything. I will happily paste the links to the animal shelters though!
Oh, I know. I just wanted to state that from the get go. And thanks for putting the links on the OP, man. You're a class act!

Quote:
I am very grateful to you for having let me do my mod, and of course very grateful to spk77 and all the other guys who have helped us all with scripting. You are right, spk77 giving permission to you to use his code and you giving permission to me to mod your script does not necessarily mean that I have spk77's permission. So, I will kindly ask him just to be sure

If in any way you feel I am disrespectful or my mod degrades your work, then please let me know and I will immediately stop sharing the script. Thank you!
No, far from it, don't stop please. You're making it better. In what concerns me, as long as you make good regarding my small requests above you can mod it all you want.
Seeing you got the itch if you keep at it next time I come look you've made it to make coffee too
Keep at it!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:49 AM   #57
studio1602

Hi amagalma, I've been evaluating ReaNoir. Nice work! However, after upgrading to 1.4x, I've had trouble inputting hex numbers. Hex consisting only of numbers enters fine, but any hex containing letters returns the message "This is not a valid number!". For example, "336699" is accepted, but "33669A" or "EADDFF" are not considered to be valid numbers. Inputting hex works perfectly in ReaNoir 1.30.
studio1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:06 AM   #58
amagalma

UPDATE
25/3/2017: v1.50

+ preliminary work for HSL mode for sliders (coming in next version)
+ fixed bug when entering hex numbers
Old 03-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #59
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemen Tree View Post
Seeing you got the itch if you keep at it next time I come look you've made it to make coffee too
Keep at it!
Hahaha! :P I am going to add HSL mode for sliders and I am done! From there on I'll be fixing bugs if there are any...
Old 03-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #60
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio1602 View Post
Hi amagalma, I've been evaluating ReaNoir. Nice work! However, after upgrading to 1.4x, I've had trouble inputting hex numbers. Hex consisting only of numbers enters fine, but any hex containing letters returns the message "This is not a valid number!". For example, "336699" is accepted, but "33669A" or "EADDFF" are not considered to be valid numbers. Inputting hex works perfectly in ReaNoir 1.30.
Thank you! Download v1.50 and all will be fine
Old 03-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #61
amagalma

Now on ReaPack
Old 03-25-2017, 04:42 PM   #62
Distressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Select the items and right click on the big square on top of Reanoir. Right click eliminates color selection for items / track

G
Sweet! Thanks a lot!
Distressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #63
studio1602

Quote:
Thank you! Download v1.50 and all will be fine
Yes, indeed, all is fine. Thanks for the speedy fix!
Old 03-26-2017, 04:30 AM   #64
Gianfini

1.50 is very good... I suggest to eliminate the pop up request "Change to HSL Mode?", getting back to RGB is one click away so why asking?

Among my previous requests one is getting more and more important... when I hit Load I get on the last used folder (also by other plugins), so I have to go all through the way to Reanoir folder to find the color palettes... As soon as you understand how to do I'd be glad if you can make it point directly to the Reanoir folder where all palettes stand

thanks
g

Last edited by Gianfini; 03-26-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:39 AM   #65
edwood75

Quote:
Hello!

This script is a modification of the excellent script by Spacemen Tree.

As requested by Spacemen Tree, I copy paste this from his original thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Kind of a manual / Overview:
- Palette of 24 colors + 1 temporary (the big color box on top)
- Left-click a box to Color Tracks, Items or Takes and set it as Temporary
- Tracks/Items are recognized automatically according to what was lastly clicked while the Takes mode is set manually by the user
- Set the Temporary color to the color of a track/item/take according to what was lastly clicked (Get Color button)
- Show Hex name of Temporary color
- Left-click Hex name to enter a Hex color code manually
- Right-click Hex name to Paste it to the clipboard for use with SWS Auto Color/Icons
- Palette is automatically saved to last_palette_on_exit.txt as a backup. If you try to load last_palette_on_exit, then you are prompted to save it with a new name.
- Left-click Darker/Brighter buttons to make Temporary Color brighter or darker. Right-click them to make it black/white
- Script saves user palettes in a directory called ReaNoir in the same path as the script. Preferences are saved to ExtState
- Click Load SWS button to load SWSColor files
- Click SWS Colors button to open the SWS Color Management tool
UPDATE:
25/3/2017 v1.45
+ when script opens, if the previous loaded file was SWSColor, it gets loaded as an "unsaved palette"
+ corrected gradient creation for SWSColor files

24/3/2017: v1.41
+ improved docking

24/3/2017: v1.40
+ improvement for ReaNoir not stealing focus
+ ReaNoir remembers last window position
+ fixed some bugs

23/3/2017: v1.35
+ various optimizations in the code
+ swapped order of LoadSWS and SWS Colors so that LoadSWS is on the left side like the Load button
+ better error handling
+ ReaNoir does not steal focus from Reaper

22/3/2017: v1.30
+ Added button to open SWS Color Management
+ Added ability and button to import SWSColor files (16 colors & 8 gradient colors)

22/3/2017: v1.20
+ added buttons to make temporary color darker or brighter (or black/white)

21/3/2017: v1.15
+ Right-click Temporary Color (big color box) to reset color to default

21/3/2017: v1.1
+ fixed crash if not placed in same folder with original script: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...85&postcount=4
(it is no more needed to co-exist with REAchelangelo.)
+ moved Preferences to ExtState
+ various bug fixes
+ changed name to ReaNoir
Download latest version here: https://stash.reaper.fm/30262/ReaNoir.lua

I hope you like it!
Bom trabalho caríssimo!
Ab
edwood75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #66
amagalma

Quote:
1.50 is very good... I suggest to eliminate the pop up request "Change to HSL Mode?", getting back to RGB is one click away so why asking?

Among my previous requests one is getting more and more important... when I hit Load I get on the last used folder (also by other plugins), so I have to go all through the way to Reanoir folder to find the color palettes... As soon as you understand how to do I'd be glad if you can make it point directly to the Reanoir folder where all palettes stand

thanks
g
I would like to avoid the request too, but it is there only for me to work around my limited programming knowledge... But I,'ll try to find another way..

The other issue, I have not any idea.. I have asked for help...
Old 03-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #67
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwood75 View Post
Bom trabalho caríssimo!
Ab
Obrigado
Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 AM   #68
amagalma

UPDATES:

* v1.63 (2017-03-27)
+ No more annoying pop-up when changing mode between RGB<->HSL

* v1.62 (2017-03-27)
+ Reanoir opens in the correct folders when loading SWSColors or user palettes (thanks Lokasenna!)

* v1.61 (2017-03-26)
+ fixed bug when trying to save a palette loaded from an SWSColor file

* v1.60 (2017-03-26)
+ added HSL sliders - right click sliders' area to toggle

Last edited by amagalma; 03-27-2017 at 09:20 AM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #69
Claudiohbsantos

Thanks, this is awesome! Very useful stuff
Old 03-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #70
studio1602

Great update! Having the correct folder open when switching palettes is awesome. Thanks, amagalma!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #71
Gianfini

GREAT!!! it is becoming THE color tool for Reaper. One thing would make it final unique (I know you told me it's behind your current capabilities but maybe on a future day....): the ability to save back the first 16 colors into the Windows color swatch (and possibly into as an SWS file: this should be easier)

Really great job, I substituted it to my color management toolbar button
g
Old 03-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #72
hopi

Ok thanks... I figured out how to get it to dock where I want it. It behaves a bit differently than other things but I got it done.

Personally I want it to be in the dock that off to the right of the arrange window...

Now my next problem is I want it to stay there in my default project so that when I start up reaper it is already there....

It does not seem to do that... in otherwords, save the project, close the project, open the project again and it is not in the docker at all.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it some more bit of code that is needed???
Old 03-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #73
Claudiohbsantos

Is there a way to reset an item/take to it's default color (no color set) ? That would be very useful since I often mark item's and takes with different colors when working with them, but once done I want them to just go back to their default so they blend in with the rest of the project.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #74
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Ok thanks... I figured out how to get it to dock where I want it. It behaves a bit differently than other things but I got it done.

Personally I want it to be in the dock that off to the right of the arrange window...

Now my next problem is I want it to stay there in my default project so that when I start up reaper it is already there....

It does not seem to do that... in otherwords, save the project, close the project, open the project again and it is not in the docker at all.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it some more bit of code that is needed???
Use SWS/S&M: Set project startup action and set there ReaNoir. Save your default project. Now, whenever you load the default project, ReaNoir gets loaded and it is in the place you left it.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #75
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiohbsantos View Post
Is there a way to reset an item/take to it's default color (no color set) ? That would be very useful since I often mark item's and takes with different colors when working with them, but once done I want them to just go back to their default so they blend in with the rest of the project.
Yes, just right-click the big color box ("Temporary color")
Old 03-29-2017, 02:38 AM   #76
amagalma

Quote:
GREAT!!! it is becoming THE color tool for Reaper. One thing would make it final unique (I know you told me it's behind your current capabilities but maybe on a future day....): the ability to save back the first 16 colors into the Windows color swatch (and possibly into as an SWS file: this should be easier)

Really great job, I substituted it to my color management toolbar button
g
I investigated your requests but it seems to me that the Windows color swatch can be reached only via C. If someone more knowledgeable can manage to call these C WinAPIs through Lua, then I will happily adapt his code and incorporate it to ReaNoir.

Here are some useful links:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/bl.../Color/Color.h
Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #77
Claudiohbsantos

Quote:
Yes, just right-click the big color box ("Temporary color")
Hadn't noticed that, thanks!
Old 03-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #78
JamesPeters

I've noticed a nitpicky thing, not necessarily a bug.

When the color sliders are in HSL mode, it won't "get color". It "tries to" get color (you can see the top square blink with the color it's "getting", and the code for the color below it, but then it disappears).
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #79
amagalma

UPDATE:

* v1.65 (2017-03-29)
+ Takes mode button is now green to contrast the manual mode with Tracks/Items mode (red) which is automatic
+ Information displayed on top of ReaNoir when hovering mouse over buttons/sliders
Old 03-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #80
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I've noticed a nitpicky thing, not necessarily a bug.

When the color sliders are in HSL mode, it won't "get color". It "tries to" get color (you can see the top square blink with the color it's "getting", and the code for the color below it, but then it disappears).
Thanks for reporting! I'll fix it