Old 01-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #361
gxray
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulus View Post
How do you get the media browser to look like FL bottom right in your picture?

Also, has anyone seen an FL channel rack / Pattern Sequencer in Reaper. Saw it in a video but coulda been the FL Studio VST perhaps?
The media browser is the default look, I think I might have my configurations set differently than yours?

Try right-clicking in the Media Explorer, going to "Show" and toggling the value of "Vertical Layout"

I think the video you're mentioning is the Youtube video I posted and linked earlier in the thread -- that's an extension called Sower. In the options for it, you can change the theme, there are four and one is an FL Studio theme:

http://nizzei8q.bget.ru/sower/index.php

Enjoy =)
gxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:08 AM   #362
Stimulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxray View Post
The media browser is the default look, I think I might have my configurations set differently than yours?

Try right-clicking in the Media Explorer, going to "Show" and toggling the value of "Vertical Layout"

I think the video you're mentioning is the Youtube video I posted and linked earlier in the thread -- that's an extension called Sower. In the options for it, you can change the theme, there are four and one is an FL Studio theme:

http://nizzei8q.bget.ru/sower/index.php

Enjoy =)
Thanks. Sower looks ace.

Just downloaded it.

EDIT - How do you get Sower working?

Last edited by Stimulus; 01-02-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Stimulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #363
Stimulus

Hi Mordi!

Found a couple of issues with your theme today.

The first pic is the Icon in the main icons for snapping when you've got Relative Snap on, it doesn't light up orange like the others when selected and the icon changes to a green one too, is that the intended behaviour?

The 2nd pic is notes showing up highlighted or in a different colour in the arranger but nothing seems to be wrong in the midi editor, no velocities different or notes muted or anything I can see so I wonder if this is a theme issue, anyone else had this? certain notes are showing up white but don't know why?

Is it also possible for theme designers to design menu's too? not change the menu items as such, just the font, font sizing and colour of the menu background and text ink? It'd be great if you copied the FL Studio menu colours and font for this theme too.
Attached Images
File Type: png Relative Snap Icon.PNG (5.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png Midi Clip.PNG (4.2 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Stimulus; 01-05-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:30 PM   #364
Stimulus

Anyone know what's happened to Mordi, it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since he posted / after anything to this thread?

Also, am I right in thinking you can customise a theme (such as this one) further yourself?
Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #365
lachinhan

Quote:
EDIT - How do you get Sower working?
Pls, see ...

lachinhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:32 AM   #366
Mordi

Quote:
The first pic is the Icon in the main icons for snapping when you've got Relative Snap on, it doesn't light up orange like the others when selected and the icon changes to a green one too, is that the intended behaviour?
This is because I haven't made images for this icon. I might do this later at some point.

Quote:
The 2nd pic is notes showing up highlighted or in a different colour in the arranger but nothing seems to be wrong in the midi editor, no velocities different or notes muted or anything I can see so I wonder if this is a theme issue, anyone else had this? certain notes are showing up white but don't know why?
The reason some are white and some not is that some of the notes are very thin, so they only have the black outline. Basically, it's probably rounding down the size to zero at that zoom level. I don't think it's a theme issue, unless there is a way to make the outline a different color.

Quote:
Is it also possible for theme designers to design menu's too? not change the menu items as such, just the font, font sizing and colour of the menu background and text ink? It'd be great if you copied the FL Studio menu colours and font for this theme too.
That would be nice, but it's not possible at the moment.

Quote:
Also, am I right in thinking you can customise a theme (such as this one) further yourself?
Yep, you can change any themes by unzipping the ".reaperThemeZip" file. This theme already comes unzipped, if I remember correctly. You can also change colors by going to the action list and searching for "Theme". There should be some sort of theme color changer there.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:35 AM   #367
Ozman

Any word/progress on some more MCP (wider) layouts?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #368
Mordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Any word/progress on some more MCP (wider) layouts?
I wouldn't count on that any time soon. Unless someone else takes on the challenge?
Old 01-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #369
Stimulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
This is because I haven't made images for this icon. I might do this later at some point.

The reason some are white and some not is that some of the notes are very thin, so they only have the black outline. Basically, it's probably rounding down the size to zero at that zoom level. I don't think it's a theme issue, unless there is a way to make the outline a different color.

That would be nice, but it's not possible at the moment.

Yep, you can change any themes by unzipping the ".reaperThemeZip" file. This theme already comes unzipped, if I remember correctly. You can also change colors by going to the action list and searching for "Theme". There should be some sort of theme color changer there.
Thanks for your replies Mordi. What I was wanting to do is have the Main Toolbar Icons behave like FL Studio. I think the icons should only be lit when clicked and selected, not when hovered over and / or selected.

Shame about the Menu's. Menu's should be themselves. There was also no right click options in mouse modifiers I noticed the other week.