Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
jake-owa
Human being with feelings

Default New Reaper user (hopefully)

Ok, so I have only been following since version 43 but I am excited about this app. I hope things get better but so far here's what I have encountered in 45.

I constantly get an error when opening the program or closing the prefrences menu that says ASIO warning, could not set requested sample rate. I have all sample rates set to 48k. My convertor rate, my clock rate and my sample rate in Reapers audio recording preferences.
Also, I get the occasional glitch with audio meaning a small click or pop on one track of audio here and there. I know it is happening in recording because I have taken the audio files and listened in other apps to check. The more audio I try to stack recording 8 tracks or 24/48 starts to get really buzzy and glitchey. I had the same problem with Vegas 5 which is why I am looking for new software to record with.

I am using an Athalon64 notebook with a MOTU896HD interface.

Please let me know if I can do anything else to help here. I am more than happy to experiment with settings and things to try to get this working.

Good going so far, I lke the simple design of the program and I hope it stays lean but gets a bit more stable.

Jake
jake-owa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
neueWelt

I have received this error on one of my machines when I try to use a sample rate higher then that of what the soundcard can support. I relize that your card should be able to support up to 96kHz, but you may still wish to try turning down the sample rate and seeing if it fixes your problem.

Also, is your sample rate set correctly in the program settings and project settings? The project setting will overide the program setting so make sure that these are both set to teh desired sample rate.

Are you using the most current ASIO drivers for your card? Often older drivers will not support the full sample rate of the device. You may also wish to try to switch from 24 bit to 16 bit to try fixing your problem. Although these lower quailty rates are not ideal for recording, it is a good palce to start when isolating a problem.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
neueWelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
neueWelt

You may also want to try changing your ASIO buffer size. A larger buffer will increase the latency but will also decrese teh stree on your computer. Slower computers require higher buffer sizes to perform properly, especially at high sample rates.
neueWelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake-owa
I have all sample rates set to 48k. My convertor rate, my clock rate and my sample rate in Reapers audio recording preferences.
Also, I get the occasional glitch with audio meaning a small click or pop on one track of audio here and there.
It sounds like a clock-sync issue to me. You should only have one master clock in your system with everything else synced to that.

Which device is the master clock?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
jake-owa

I have set everything to 48k and this setting works fine with other programs besides Vegas. The MOTU supports 192k and has tested out fine at that freq in sonar.

My buffer is set to 512 but makes no difference when set to 1024.

Any other suggestions?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
jake-owa

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
It sounds like a clock-sync issue to me. You should only have one master clock in your system with everything else synced to that.

Which device is the master clock?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
The MOTU is master.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
Justin
Administrator

I actually use MOTU hardware a lot, so here are my questions:

Your athlon64 notebook is single processor, correct? I had issues with using my MOTUs on a hyperthreaded enabled P4 (turning off HT fixed some).

What firewire hardware are you using? The MOTUs can be a little picky at times. The fact that Vegas also has some of the same glitches leads me to believe that it is an issue with the driver/hardware..

For reference, I've tested a bunch on a MOTU traveler as well as a MOTU 896HD + MOTU 896 (16 inputs, mmm).

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #8
jake-owa

Yes, single processor.
Well, I am still using the original drivers with the MOTU but I am a bit leary of updating them when other apps work perfectly. I would hate to screw that up.

I guess I will bite the bullet and give it a shot. I will report back.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #9
jake-owa

Does anyone know why I am getting the error message about requested sample rate?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
pipelineaudio
Mortal

what happens if you use MME or WDM drivers?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #11
jake-owa

same thing..no change
Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #12
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, single processor.
Well, I am still using the original drivers with the MOTU but I am a bit leary of updating them when other apps work perfectly. I would hate to screw that up.

I guess I will bite the bullet and give it a shot. I will report back.
I would definitely get the latest MOTU drivers.

What other apps work perfectly, using what APIs, and doing similar things (i.e. similar numbers of tracks etc).

As far as sample rate requesting, it _should_ work (it works great with my MOTUs), unless the MOTU is set to an external clock... if it is and you just want to get rid of the warnings, in the reaper asio configuration, uncheck the "request sample rate" box..

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #13
jake-owa

I did uncheck the box, it still does it. I have the Motu set to master.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
I did uncheck the box, it still does it. I have the Motu set to master.
You running version 0.50 Jake?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:40 AM   #15
AlexAndr

Default Now I have found that in this drop-down menu no commands work with keys

Now I have found that in this drop-down menu no commands work with keys, only with the mouse.Help!!
AlexAndr is offline   Reply With Quote