Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 09-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
Tyrannocaster
Human being with feelings

Default Can I use my Windows PC config file?

Reaper is working fine for me on Linux Lite, but all the custom key shortcuts I have spent years getting just right are missing. I know you can copy the config file from one Windows machine to another - can I do it from my W7 PC to this Linux installation? What about stuff like the SWS actions? I probably don't need most of them here, but some are very useful.
Tyrannocaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Lokasenna

I copied all of mine from 8.1 over to Linux on the same machine and it worked fine aside from anything involving file paths, for obvious reasons.

For SWS, there's a Linux build on www.landoleet.org , and your existing SWS preferences should be picked up if you copy them over too.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:55 PM   #3
Tyrannocaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
I copied all of mine from 8.1 over to Linux on the same machine and it worked fine aside from anything involving file paths, for obvious reasons.

For SWS, there's a Linux build on www.landoleet.org , and your existing SWS preferences should be picked up if you copy them over too.
Great news! Thanks very much. I am using a computer with an Intel e5300 chip - OS is 64 bit. Which of the two 64 bit SWS ones do I want? And then I'll have to figure out what to do with it once I download it, LOL.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:19 AM   #4
Tyrannocaster

It worked perfectly. Thanks!

I got the SWS file and extracted it. Where do the three files go? In Windows, an installer does this, so I looked in my windows Reaper installation folder but I can't find files with these names. The only folder that looks suitable is the Plugins folder, is that right?

Last edited by Tyrannocaster; 09-30-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
jiff 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannocaster View Post
It worked perfectly. Thanks!

I got the SWS file and extracted it. Where do the three files go? In Windows, an installer does this, so I looked in my windows Reaper installation folder but I can't find files with these names. The only folder that looks suitable is the Plugins folder, is that right?

A little info for you!
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=209098
Old 09-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
Tyrannocaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff 41 View Post
Your idea of "little" and mine are two different things, LOL. But I assume you are talking about the OP in the thread, which did not work for me; I was unable to install Reaper using the shell script or via the terminal. Luckily, it works as a portable so I was able to use it right away anyhow. I don't remember what I had to do to get it to integrate with the menus, etc., but I had to do it separately. My "installation" is on the second internal drive.

So I still don't know where to put those SWS files.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #7
Jack Winter

I don't know about 3 files, but unless you have a portable install reaper_sws64.so goes into ~/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #8
Tyrannocaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
I don't know about 3 files, but unless you have a portable install reaper_sws64.so goes into ~/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/
Okay, I found that location. Yeah, when I extracted the file it gave me three files:

reaper_sws64.so
reaper_sws64.so.debug
sws_python64.py
Old 09-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #9
Jack Winter

Then put all 3 there, you probably won't need the .debug file though.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote