Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

View Poll Results: Does Reaper need more MIDI love?
Yes, and I use MIDI a lot 111 76.55%
No, and I use MIDI a lot 13 8.97%
Yes, and I don't use MIDI much or at all 11 7.59%
No, and I don't use MIDI much or at all 10 6.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #161
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Hey, the guys nickname is "osranakurwa". In Croatian that's close to "shitted whore" or to be more correct "a whore who's been shat on". Who can take a guy like that serious :P
The ones who don't speak Croatian...

-Data
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #162
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
The ones who don't speak Croatian...
Good point :P
Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #163
Jae.Thomas

what i think is stunning is that Croatians actually have a NAME for that
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #164
EvilDragon

Croatian is EXCELLENT language for swearing. We have things you wouldn't believe can be said.

And yes, they sound freaking awkward to say in English. All you guys have is fuck this, fuck that, for the most part. We're more improvisational and inspirational in that regard.

Here's a small excerpt of what we can say to each other when pissed off:

http://talesofridiculousness.blogspo...explained.html
Old 06-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #165
Jae.Thomas

it seems that from that page, defecation and copulation seem to share similar words

Jebem ti Boga!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #166
EvilDragon

You're lucky because I'm not exactly religious, otherwise people get offended on that particular one and raging shitstorms of epic proportions tend to happen.

Now there's a word I kinda miss in Croatian, it doesn't roll off the tongue as well as it does in English - shitstorm. Epic.

About defecation connected to copulation, that's actually a slight error from that blog. They're entirely different words with clearly defined boundaries of use. He used a slash there to make it known you can use either word in the same context, which will NOT yield the same meaning, but two different meanings, both being profane.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #167
lxm

and were back ON in 1, 2 ,3...............
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #168
Mr. Data

What a nice language!

-Data
Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #169
EvilDragon

I know!

Also one of the hardest in Europe.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #170
DarthFader

I missed a lot of really important stuff it seems

Could you guys edit out your d-cation and c-ation stuff? It really is disgusting and I don't see why anyone who cares about midi really needs to read that stuff.

Next time I find someone I don't like, I'll be sure to say what their name means in some random language whether it does or not.

Jeez
DF
Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #171
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFader View Post
I missed a lot of really important stuff it seems

Could you guys edit out your d-cation and c-ation stuff? It really is disgusting and I don't see why anyone who cares about midi really needs to read that stuff.
No.

-Data
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #172
DarthFader

Is swearing allowed on this forum? Or is it only allowed if your post card count is > 1000?

I feel like I'm watching some script from the next gross out movie for 12 year olds.

DF
Old 06-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #173
EvilDragon

As far as I have noticed you don't get a ban if you swear while speaking generally. I did that a lot and never got even a warn.

However, if you turn your profanities towards another member of the forum, things can get nasty for you.

This was all common topic derailment, every forum has that

You made your point with this thread already, don't try to forum police it now - there are people doing that already, and osranakurwa's ban is the proof of that. If they felt there was need for more intervention, they would've done it already.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #174
DarthFader

I'd just as soon have no profanity at all personally.

I don't set the rules but that would be my preference.

I'd also like to see people who engage in personal attacks dealt with even if their post count is high.

There are two threads in the lounge dedicated to trashing me, and serve no other purpose than to trash me, but the threads are there even though they clearly violate the terms of use.

I guess some posters are just "more equal".

As for "policing my own thread" -- I started this thread as a benefit to the community.

I didn't start it for it to get threadjacked with inaninities merely because it's a popular topic and stays on the top of the forum.

DF

Last edited by DarthFader; 06-29-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #175
Jae.Thomas

I can't wait to see more and more midi features, we need a TRUE groove quantize, to be sure, and TRUE ghosting support!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #176
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Is swearing allowed on this forum? Or is it only allowed if your post card count is > 1000?

I feel like I'm watching some script from the next gross out movie for 12 year olds.

DF
Thanks for asking.

I think I'm not the only one who is sort of proud on the community, the friendly atmosphere, the extraordinary dedication of huge community parts to help and contribute a lot of work and keeping this place as unique as it is. (<- I always wanted to write this, hence this post. ) People come to this forum because we have lots of unique content of highest quality here (let alone Yep's thread) due to these efforts and not because we have a daily name-calling thread.

Doing basic moderation to maintain this status is not a privilege but an obligation (like keeping idiots from spilling paint over/around a library) and I would be glad if people would simply not react on them after they got a second chance to express themselves less angry (that people understand frustration and keep talking to you here is another rare thing to find). That would make most moderation unnecessary.

The threshold is personal insult and name-calling for all users. I think you will understand that we try to keep that moderation moderate and human and that dictates that we treat a fight with (often borderline) insults between old members with their personal known history differently than someone chiming in to order to fire in all directions instead of saying "Hello". At least we want to make sure that the show has entertainment value and this one doesn't make it.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #177
Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
I can't wait to see more and more midi features, we need a TRUE groove quantize, to be sure, and TRUE ghosting support!!!!
Your detailed "groove quantize" FR was a good one. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...roove+quantize
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #178
DarthFader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steindork View Post
Thanks for asking.
The threshold is personal insult and name-calling for all users.
So why are the two threads bashing me constantly still there?

The "Should Navvy be banned" and "Stop #$($*$ up reaper ones".

When I even posted the word "Zee" and was somewhat critical, "Zee" was XXXed.

When people post how they don't like me, my nick is not XXXed out.

Tons of insults there. Not enforced.

I don't mind a little smack talk, but I do mind when people have the knife out.
DF

Last edited by DarthFader; 06-29-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #179
gofer
-blänk-

I don't see personal insults in "Should Mrspipelineaudio allow Navvy back to chat?" (assuming that's the one you mean?).
The other one I don't bother to read, it was closed 06.11. and I guess it was for some reason. Both are now on page 3 of the lounge, still sinking (if you didn't manage to resuscitate the former by the mere mentioning, hope not).

I think you are much too "the whole world is against me, how unfair!" while yourself you're not very careful with your words.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #180
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
So why are the two threads bashing me constantly still there?

The "Should Navvy be banned" and "Stop #$($*$ up reaper ones".

When I even posted the word "Zee" and was somewhat critical, "Zee" was XXXed.

When people post how they don't like me, my nick is not XXXed out.

Tons of insults there. Not enforced.

I don't mind a little smack talk, but I do mind when people have the knife out.
DF
you know, the mods edited that for a reason.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #181
DarthFader

The whole chat room was against me and I was treated unfairly.

The insults against me on the forum were unfair because noone on the forum (aside from people already on the chat) either new nor cared about it.

So yeah, when people try to sabotage my forum rep as a premptive strike, and that is exactly what happened, you can read my entire forum history -- yeah I think it's unfair.

The same people who can't even take my mild jabs or comments organize an onslaught against me.

Yes it's unfair. Life isn't fair, but if something is blatantly hypocritical, then I'm going to point it out.

I also don't think a response like "you IDIOT!?!?!? DIdn't you know you could ......." is all that helpful.

It comes across as arrogant and condescending.

Something a little more mature like , "hey, you might not have noticed, but ..." would be a lot nicer, not just to me, but to everyone that has questions.

DF
Old 06-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #182
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

I can't speak for the other mods but I personally don't know what the hell is going on there, all I know is that it's a continuation of something that started in the chat and I don't have any interest in finding out who started what and whatnot since it has apparently nothing to do with this forum. All my interest is keeping this kindergarden stuff out of the forums if possible and all moderation I can offer is closing the thread if you guys can't take it out elsewhere. And that's pretty much all I want to hear about it. This is a company support forum and not the UNHRC and I just can't process external personal affairs. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #183
DarthFader

Quote:
you know, the mods edited that for a reason.
And what reason is that? That Zee mastered Tallismans album? And now he has protected status? But I don't?

I always thought zee was odd but this thread "Reaper sounds like Shit" -- http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=24890

Really brought it home to me. At the time the whole forum thought the guy was nuts, now somehow he's become elder statesman?

Curiouser and curiouser
DF
Old 06-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #184
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
I also don't think a response like "you IDIOT!?!?!? DIdn't you know you could ......." is all that helpful.
DF
Where is that quote from? I never read such stuff here in the forums and if I would, I certainly would intervene.

The thing with Zee should show you that we're able to forget "nutsness" when the person in question starts to contribute in a more decent way.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #185
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
The whole chat room was against me and I was treated unfairly.
since you are bringing this up, that's a total lie and you know it. You came in with guns blazing and a crappy attitude, and you have been banned. You are the common denominator.
Quote:
The insults against me on the forum were unfair because noone on the forum (aside from people already on the chat) either new nor cared about it.
it was brought up "why dont you two go to chat" and i simply mentioned you couldn't, due to your being banned. No drama needed.
Quote:
So yeah, when people try to sabotage my forum rep as a premptive strike, and that is exactly what happened, you can read my entire forum history -- yeah I think it's unfair.
that isnt what happened...

Quote:

The same people who can't even take my mild jabs or comments organize an onslaught against me.
there is nothing "organized", and there is no "onslaught" - you are making too much out of this, i think. Have you noticed I have been agreeing with you, but maybe on different points, for instance? (and i realize you arent just talking about me)
Quote:
Yes it's unfair. Life isn't fair, but if something is blatantly hypocritical, then I'm going to point it out.
sure, why not?
Quote:

It comes across as arrogant and condescending.
whoa where did that happen?
Quote:

Something a little more mature like , "hey, you might not have noticed, but ..." would be a lot nicer, not just to me, but to everyone that has questions.

DF
indeed.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #186
DarthFader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steindork View Post
I can't speak for the other mods but I personally don't know what the hell is going on there, all I know is that it's a continuation of something that started in the chat and I don't have any interest in finding out who started what and whatnot since it has apparently nothing to do with this forum. All my interest is keeping this kindergarden stuff out of the forums if possible and all moderation I can offer is closing the thread if you guys can't take it out elsewhere. And that's pretty much all I want to hear about it. This is a company support forum and not the UNHRC and I just can't process external personal affairs. Thank you.
Exactly -- so just nuke them. There was no reason for pipeline to bring the chat fracas to the forums, it's not relevant to the forums, and so the threads should just be nuked.

Especially if there are attacks there, and they are.

So 1 -- Not relevant
2 -- Personal attacks

Go ahead and nuke them

DF
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #187
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
And what reason is that? That Zee mastered Tallismans album? And now he has protected status? But I don't?

I always thought zee was odd but this thread "Reaper sounds like Shit" -- http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=24890

Really brought it home to me. At the time the whole forum thought the guy was nuts, now somehow he's become elder statesman?

Curiouser and curiouser
DF
just calm down man, there is no conspiracy!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #188
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Exactly -- so just nuke them. There was no reason for pipeline to bring the chat fracas to the forums, it's not relevant to the forums, and so the threads should just be nuked.

Especially if there are attacks there, and they are.

So 1 -- Not relevant
2 -- Personal attacks

Go ahead and nuke them

DF
I can understand number 2, but i havent seen many in this thread except initially.

number 1, is a result of the net. And bound to happen

you do realize that you are perpetuating 1 AND 2 by keeping this going?

ughh and I am too. Ok, im out. *(again)
Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #189
DarthFader

Quote:
You came in with guns blazing and a crappy attitude, and you have been banned. You are the common denominator.
Oh that's BS. I didnt' come in with guns blazing but I didnt come in there bowing to the old timers either.

The fact is Zee and Coerce kept harrassing the ops MONTHS after I did anything to annoy anyone til they banned me.

The first thing you ever said to me JBM in the chat was "I am not your friend". How welcoming is that?

I talk about as much smack as you guys do but when its me talking the smack you run to the opers to ban me.

How is banning me working out? From what I can see, the # of people in the channel has gone DOWN not up. It's now down to 19 average, 23 peak users. Shouldn't be up to 50 by now?

The other thing about the chat channel -- I'm here to make MUSIC with reaper. Most of the people on the chat channel are trying to make a BUCK with reaper.

You guys just dictated the conversation so that it's only about things that will help you make money with reaper (mastering etc) and not things that most musicians would even care about.

So there you go.

DF
Closed Thread