Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
Art Evans
Mortal

Default Automating Reaper and changing keyboard shortcuts

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost...1&postcount=12 is the starting point for this.

Here is a self-explanatory AutoHotKeys example script - comments for each line follow semicolon.

Rwin::^r ; maps right "windows" key to Record
F4::^m ; maps F4 to Show / Hide mixer
F5::^!z ; maps F5 to Show / Hide history window
F6::^!p ; maps F6 to Show / Hide performance window
F7::^!x ; maps F7 to Show / Hide Media Explorer window
F8::!r ; maps F8 to Show / Hide Routing window
F9:: ; maps F9 to go to end of project, start recording, and insert marker with name dialog
Send {end}^rM
return

I have posted an .exe example of the script at http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1150...Reaperkeys.exe - this should work at least on XP machines. You don't need AutoHotKeys installed to run it. In the tray you should see an H icon - right click on that to exit or disable the script and restore your keys to normal.

Seems fine here but done in a hurry, so... at your own risk.

I'm outta here for a few hours... meanwhile, enjoy!
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

(Just ran the .exe on the laptop, and it works fine, apart from the fact that it doesn't have a right-hand windows key...)
Old 06-12-2006, 05:41 AM   #3
BoxOfSnoo
Human being with feelings

You can also map joystick buttons! See http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793 for one idea

Anyone wanna test this with a Nintendo PowerGlove?
BoxOfSnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:23 AM   #4
Art Evans
Mortal

Revised AutoHotKey setup is at
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/1150298129/Reaperkeys.exe

Functions of this version (after a great deal of playing around and deleting stuff which really was not worthwhile) -

Runs Reaper - so all you do is run this Reaperkeys.exe, which in turn runs Reaper, and when you exit from Reaper your keys are restored.

F4 = Show/hide Mixer
F5 = Show/hide Media Explorer
F6 = Show/hide Routing window
F7 = Show/hide History window
F8 = Show/hide Performance window

F12 = Goto end of project, record, insert marker and ask for a marker name. Handy if doing repeated takes at end of project, eg in classical recording.

\ = Record. Or continue recording having paused with the adjacent Enter key.

| = Zoom to selection - handy if you have just created a selection with { and } keys.

Alt space = pause. More handy than ctrl space.

And the really handy one - space changes focus to main window and starts or stops transport, regardless of which window you are in, unless you are typing text into a marker name dialog. Note that this will also have the same effect if you are in any other window such as notepad, however (eg it will jump out of notepad and start/stop Reaper). I may be able to improve on that soon.

[Updated just now - previous version would start recording if trackname had "n" in it - oops.]

Last edited by Art Evans; 06-14-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
Jed

Thanks heaps for this Art - VERY helpful!

Cheers
Jed
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
Art Evans
Mortal

I'm starting to think how this could be improved. Any feature requests would in theory be welcome, but I have to be careful not to confuse the issue with the main program - but perhaps the function keys which Reaper largely does not use should be the main focus.

Maybe the best thing to do would be for me to post an AutoHotKey script as text here, which maps just function keys to various things, with some annotations so that people can easily see how to modify it to their own personal function key requirements. I'll try to do that later.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:11 AM   #7
Zim

Default Suggested Shortcut

How about F12 to toggle navigation and playback mode for the arrow keys.
Some of us with vision problems need the arrow+spacebar+enter keys for navigation in Reaper, then we need to go to preferences and return their use to playback.
A single shortcut would be such a great thing.
Cheers,
Zim
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote