Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
ausbaxter
Human being with feelings

Default Is there a way to keep a reascript gui window the topmost window at all times?

Hey guys, I'm working on a script that makes working with the wonderful Instant-Take rendering scripts from Adam T. Croft work a little more to my taste by having "preset" effect tracks you can switch between and run the scripts through. When I'm opening and closing fx windows all the time there are occasions where it hides the Gui window. I have plenty of screen real estate with two monitors, but it became quite frustrating when on a small laptop screen. Any way to make the gui window persistently stay on top? Thanks in advance.

Also many thanks to Lokasenna for putting together an excellent and intuitive GUI library

ausbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #2
mpl

gfx.quit
gfx.init
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
Lokasenna

You could have your main loop (pass a function to GUI.func when using my GUI) watch the incoming keyboard stream from gfx.char - if memory serves, the stream stops updating completely when the script window loses focus, so if you (I'm guessing here) checked gfx.char == nil that would tell you when another window has taken over and then you could close and reopen as per @mpl's post above.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
ausbaxter

Thanks guys! Lokasenna, it looks like GUI.char is receiving gfx.getchar() so at least according to the reascript doc it wont keep track of window focus. Gave it a quick test as well. It does keep track of if the gui window is closed.

Last edited by ausbaxter; 09-26-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Clarification
ausbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote