Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
griz lee
Human being with feelings

Default imagine if ReaRoute worked between machines!

The possabilities of what might happen if ReaRoute worked between machines are really baking my noodle right now.

You could:

*run live on your laptop, and take a whole bunch of channels straight into Reaper on a main system as uncompressed audio over gigabit/firewire network

*run a multiple person live performance, with stuff flying in and out of each other's machines

*use local area networks to access hardware in Studio B next door, or even the next building.

*mix audio from another (local) location on the network, sent there by the tracking station.

etc.

For Wide area/internet use, you'd probably have to use ReaNinjam as compression would be needed, but let's hope that gets multichannel audio sometime soon. I'd really like to track in Montreal and mix in rural Kent (UK) at the same time right now...

Is this an un-achieveable dream?

Any thoughts, people?
griz lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Tallisman

I am in the midst of setting up a ReaNinjam project that will feature my Brother-in-law playing guitar on my track... he lives in Singapore, I'm in the Northwest Territories (northern Canada). I am also lining up several folks from Vancouver Island and Portland Oregon. It'll probably be a few months before it is complete, but I'll post the results.

cheers

http://tallisman.bandcamp.com <--Me.

"Excuse me. Could you please point me in the direction of the self-help section?"
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
griz lee

wow that sounds great T. It would be great to hear how you get on and if you've got any hot tips for collaboration during the process!

One thing i'd like to see in R too is the ability to synch up transports between the local and remote session, so you can say "take it back to bar 12" and both work from the same point.
griz lee is offline   Reply With Quote