Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 12-22-2019, 04:59 AM   #1
Eraz
Human being with feelings

Default Updated script: Filling gaps + crossfade on the left/middle/right

Hey there,

I recently moved from Cubase to Reaper and really missed the crossfade behaviour, and could not find an efficient solution to that issue. Other actions worked with stretch markers or moved items around, which is not desireable in my case.
So I took the script: amagalma_Smart Crossfade.lua" from amagalma and tweaked it, so it does what I wanted. I have seen some posts on the forum that other people needed this too, so I thought I could share that.

What did I change?

I added a "maxgap" variable where you can set the maximum gap between items to crossfade. In the original script the max gap between items was the crossfade length you could set, so in order to close bigger gaps your crossfades needed to be also really long. For crossfading percussion instruments that was not ideal.
So now you can tweak the max gap between items and the crossfade length individually. As far as I know Cubase uses 0.5 s max gap, but I set it to 0.3 as default.

In addition I tweaked it so you have 3 different options now:

1. Script closes the gap between selected items and sets the crossfade on the left

2. Script closes the gap between selected items and sets the crossfade in the middle of the two (cubase stlye)

3. Script closes the gap between selected items and sets the crossfade on the right

Thanks again to amagalma for his initial script, without him this here would not have been possible. I am not really a scripter (the last time I was programming something was like 10 years ago lol), I just thought I could try out some things while checking out the original script and this is the outcome.

Hope this can help some users here on the forum,

cheers!

Last edited by Eraz; 12-22-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:54 AM   #2
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

Very nice, thanks! Gonna try that, when I’m at the DAW.