Old 10-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
OovooJaver
Human being with feelings

Default Modular Synth

I am experiencing a problem with ReaRack Modular Synth 2.
It seems I set default open with for jsfx to Notepad.
I already downloaded Modular Synth a second time, but my computer recognises all the jsfx files and puts them to DEFAULT OPEN WITH NOTEPAD.

Problem is Reaper doesn't seem to find them in the folders (Programs/Steinberg/VST and User/.../AppData/Roaming/REAPER/) because of the notepad formatting.

How can I undo it?

Edit: While I wrote this post I mamaged to circumvent the problem via the SWS Extension. I'd still like to know how I could possibly change the default open setting back from notepad as I am fairly new to Win 10.
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
Fabian

This is not about setting W10 to recognize the extension this or that way. JSFX files go into Reaper's Effects folder. Open Reaper, then select Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder...

This opens Explorer at Reaper's resource path, and there you have a folder "Effects". You put the JSFX files in there, and Reaper will see them.

In Reaper, open a track FX window, click Add and then select JS in the left window pane. If you do not see the JSFX there, you can right-click the top window border and select "Scan for new plugins", and they will show up.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
OovooJaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
This is not about setting W10 to recognize the extension this or that way. JSFX files go into Reaper's Effects folder. Open Reaper, then select Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder...

This opens Explorer at Reaper's resource path, and there you have a folder "Effects". You put the JSFX files in there, and Reaper will see them.

In Reaper, open a track FX window, click Add and then select JS in the left window pane. If you do not see the JSFX there, you can right-click the top window border and select "Scan for new plugins", and they will show up.
Thank you for the advice.

To clarify: I was able to use the Modular Synth a couple of weeks ago.
I know how to add new resource folders for plugins, but that didn't help. I have rescanned countless times and also set FX filter to Java Script. The Timewaster Modular Parts was in more than one folder on my computer, but was notrecognized by reaper, even though all the correct folders were given inside Preferences/Options/Plugins/VST.
So the only reason it could not be recognized that I couldn't rule out was "always open as notepad".

Also I don't have any problem with the extension. The extension helped me SOLVE the original problem, although I have no clue what it did.

That is why I think it has to do with the formatting, since all other plugins in all other folders got loaded.

What do you mean by resource path? Under which department of "Options" is it? Options/Preferences/Plugins/VST ?

Last edited by OovooJaver; 10-06-2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: more precise
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #4
Fabian

The modular synth is not a VST plugin, it is a JSFX so it must go into Reaper's Effects folder otherwise Reaper will not see it. You will find the Effects folder if you open Reaper's resource path, which you can do from within Reaper as I wrote above.

And I am talking about Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder, this is above Options > Preferences.

BTW this has nothing to do with JavaScript, the JS stands for "JesuSonic" https://www.cockos.com/jesusonic/