Old 10-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
grayter1
Human being with feelings

Default v5.60pre13 - October 12 2017

v5.60pre13 - October 12 2017

+ Solo: improve hardware send behavior when soloed track sending to another soloed track [p=1896371]
# Automation items: fix drag/drop from media explorer when target envelope is shown in media lane
# Envelopes: skip hidden tracks and envelopes during automation item edge edit
# FX: fix quick-add-fx menu issues in 5.60prex [p=1896897]
# Solo: fix behavior with soloed parent tracks [p=1897093]
# Solo: rename new soloed send-to-soloed track option to include hardware send
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
X-Raym

With all this solo related action... Maybe it is time for a "solo exclusive selected track" action in the action list ? (there is a trick with mouse click but not a dedicated action).

We use custom scripts (one from me2beat in lua, one of mine in eel), but as native, it may be even more efficient (they can take a bit of time if there is a lot of tracks).
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
With all this solo related action... Maybe it is time for a "solo exclusive selected track" action in the action list ? (there is a trick with mouse click but not a dedicated action).

We use custom scripts (one from me2beat in lua, one of mine in eel), but as native, it may be even more efficient (they can take a bit of time if there is a lot of tracks).

To be able to customise the modifiers for mousing solo buttons to access exclusive solo etc would be very nice too. More widely, while looking at mcp functions I'd absolutely love to see customisable modifiers for drag-moving and drag-copying fx.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
vinx

And maybe it's time for an optional real solo bus to come up!
A bus that you could route through the monitoring fx chain and hardware output...
It would be so nice when mixing live to have a solo bus that would not break the master bus!
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
A bus that you could route through the monitoring fx chain and hardware output...
It would be so nice when mixing live to have a solo bus that would not break the master bus!

I would very much like this too, please.

+1, etc...

>
Old 10-13-2017, 03:26 AM   #6
mlprod

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
v5.60pre13 - October 12 2017

+ Solo: improve hardware send behavior when soloed track sending to another soloed track [p=1896371]
# Solo: fix behavior with soloed parent tracks [p=1897093]
# Solo: rename new soloed send-to-soloed track option to include hardware send
To me this now works absolutely great in all cases, thanks!
EDIT: And maybe have the default value in prefs represent the old behavour, not sure if this was the case already.
mlprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:51 AM   #7
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
That would have to be for a major revision, I think.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:52 AM   #8
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
To me this now works absolutely great in all cases, thanks!
EDIT: And maybe have the default value in prefs represent the old behavour, not sure if this was the case already.
The option is to act as it did previously (e.g. only disable the master/parent/hardware sends when sending a SIP track to another soloed track if the user enables the option), aside from various bugs being fixed.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #9
svijayrathinam

Hi Justin,

I posted this to the bug reports section. I havent heard anything from anyone yet. I am bringing this to your attention. Pls help..

I have been using Reaper for audio post production for the past 6 months. I have to say it's a great app and it has surely saved so much of my time. But I have a major issue with video playback in reaper. Video playback is very jittery. Video Just stutters all the time. I checked every possible codec. This happens in all my computers. I have a Mac pro (trashcan model), Mac book pro and the 5k iMac. The problem is consistent in all the devices. I do have ffmpeg installed. I also tried changing the decoder to av foundation, vlc, qt and ffmpeg. They are all problematic. When I set vlc as the lone decoder available the video in the timeline shows offline. That clearly tells me that reaper is not communicating with VLC properly. I have the 64 bit vlc installed. I have the latest ffmpeg installed. I have the latest 64 bit reaper installed. Can you pls fix this issue? Pls... It is really affecting my work..
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #10
EvilDragon

Prerelease subforum is only for reporting bugs and regressions pertaining to the current prerelease, of which video features are not the focus...
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:21 AM   #11
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Prerelease subforum is only for reporting bugs and regressions pertaining to the current prerelease, of which video features are not the focus...
Sorry. About this. I did post in the bug reports and since I didn't have any replies..I didn't know how to bring it to the attention of the developers. But sorry...
Old 10-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #12
EvilDragon

You can always e-mail support@cockos.com
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #13
mlprod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
The option is to act as it did previously (e.g. only disable the master/parent/hardware sends when sending a SIP track to another soloed track if the user enables the option), aside from various bugs being fixed.
Ok sounds good to me.
/M
mlprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #14
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
You can always e-mail support@cockos.com
Thank you very much for the info.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #15
musicbynumbers

svijayrathinam

Have a look at Airon's great thread on video codecs. Maybe the answer is in there.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=82459

I have various friends using video on reaper on a mac and it's been fine so there will be one small thing wrong probably on your system that might be causing it.

Try support email like EvilDragon says too.

Hope you get it fixed!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #16
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
svijayrathinam

Have a look at Airon's great thread on video codecs. Maybe the answer is in there.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=82459

I have various friends using video on reaper on a mac and it's been fine so there will be one small thing wrong probably on your system that might be causing it.

Try support email like EvilDragon says too.

Hope you get it fixed!
Thank you... But I am aware of that post. I have done everything that it says... But still I have the problem. I will try emailing the support team... Thank you
Old 10-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #17
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

I'm very interested in what all these new solo tweaks involve and how they differ from what we have previously had. Is there a rundown on this somewhere to shed some light on these details?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #18
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I'm very interested in what all these new solo tweaks involve and how they differ from what we have previously had. Is there a rundown on this somewhere to shed some light on these details?
As it relates to 5.52, there are mostly just a couple of small corner case bugfixes which if you never noticed the bad behavior you will likely never notice.

There is also the addition of a new option which (if enabled) causes a soloed-in-place track that sends to another soloed track to not sent to master/parent/hardware outputs.

There are some whatsnew lines extra that only relate to 5.60preX, as getting this sorted broke/changed some things but the end result should be as above.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #19
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
As it relates to 5.52, there are mostly just a couple of small corner case bugfixes which if you never noticed the bad behavior you will likely never notice.

There is also the addition of a new option which (if enabled) causes a soloed-in-place track that sends to another soloed track to not sent to master/parent/hardware outputs.

There are some whatsnew lines extra that only relate to 5.60preX, as getting this sorted broke/changed some things but the end result should be as above.
Thanks for the explanation Justin. Much appreciated.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:55 AM   #20
Mercado_Negro

Thanks for fixing the solo behavior on parent/children tracks