Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-09-2018, 02:59 AM   #121
Vagelis
Human being with feelings

Very nice plugins and i like the interface a lot,thanks for sharing!
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #122
Eliseat

mrelwood,

Your work is just stunning. Really love your plugin suite and I'm surprised you are still releasing new ones. Amazing! Many, many thanks.

Edit: Holy Banana!

Your Routter is exactly what I was looking for. The perfect way to split any stereo audio to four channels, manipulating 1+2 and 3+4 separately and mixing them with another Routter together. AMAZING!

Thanks

Last edited by Eliseat; 12-09-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #123
Pinknoise

Thanks for your work!
Is there a reason why your plugins are not showing under Developers in Reaper FX window ?
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:39 AM   #124
Sumalc

Thank you very much, Stereoposition is very helpul for me and i like also Sky.
It seems to me that the donate page does not work, Paypal "goes round in circles".
Sumalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #125
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
Thanks for your work!
Is there a reason why your plugins are not showing under Developers in Reaper FX window ?
Do any JS plugins show up under Developers?
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #126
puddi

Great job on the plugins! The Sky limiter is pretty damn amazing I must say. One gripe I have with it though is how slow the sliders move relative to the mouse movement. I wish they could move 1:1 when not holding down any modifier for 'precise control'.
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #127
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Your work is just stunning. Really love your plugin suite and I'm surprised you are still releasing new ones.
Thank you so much! Why wouldn't I be? What else is there?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumalc View Post
It seems to me that the donate page does not work, Paypal "goes round in circles".
I think someone else had the same problem earlier. I really don't know, it opens up normally for me. Could it be that some ad blockers interrupt the loading? Do you see the section where the page asks permission for website cookies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddi View Post
Great job on the plugins! The Sky limiter is pretty damn amazing I must say. One gripe I have with it though is how slow the sliders move relative to the mouse movement. I wish they could move 1:1 when not holding down any modifier for 'precise control'.
Thanks! Sky is still the one I'm most proud of, but it seems not that many people find it as useful. Or perhaps a limiter just isn't as sexy as an EQ or a compressor...

On Sky the cloud should have a 1:1 ratio. I feel that the other sliders benefit from a slower movement so the precise control wouldn't be needed as much. The Sky 2.0 might have different behavior though, as it won't have freely scalable graphics like the current one. Also, non-retina displays might behave differently. I still haven't found the best way to tackle that.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #128
Pinknoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Thank you so much! Why wouldn't I be? What else is there?!

I think someone else had the same problem earlier. I really don't know, it opens up normally for me. Could it be that some ad blockers interrupt the loading? Do you see the section where the page asks permission for website cookies?

Thanks! Sky is still the one I'm most proud of, but it seems not that many people find it as useful. Or perhaps a limiter just isn't as sexy as an EQ or a compressor...

On Sky the cloud should have a 1:1 ratio. I feel that the other sliders benefit from a slower movement so the precise control wouldn't be needed as much. The Sky 2.0 might have different behavior though, as it won't have freely scalable graphics like the current one. Also, non-retina displays might behave differently. I still haven't found the best way to tackle that.
I think to appreciate the value of a good peak limiter you actually have to be finishing a mix. Where you try to bring everything to a decent output level or you try to tame peaks before hiting a particular compressor. So I suppose for anybody not doing serious work, they don't really have a situation where it is really needed and therefore they don't happen to be comparing to other limiters as well. For my part I find clippers do a similar job and bring in some mojo as well when it's a really good one. I'm curious to know, unless you really want zero saturation added to a sound, where would a limiter be preferable to a clipper ?

I still use limiters on vocal and main bus mostly. That's one situation where the added saturation might not be welcome since we hear it so well on the vocals.
Overtime I find that a really good limiter is one of the toughest plugins to find. To my taste very few does the job really well when you push them a little. Brainworx is currently my favorite followed by Barricade from ToneBooster.

I'm impressed your limiter lets the sound of the attack through while still taming the peaks great job !

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-09-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #129
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
It's still difficult to see the font.
I guess when one stares at the same words for hours on end, it's hard to judge how they look when seen for the first time. I changed the font, perhaps this one is a bit better? I don't want to go with a bold font as it disrupts the look too much for me.

Regarding the video, talk about pictures and thousand words... I was able to locate the issue immediately. Thank you for making the video, it really made debugging easy!

StereOpposition 0.92 available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
I'm curious to know, unless you really want zero saturation added to a sound, where would a limiter be preferable to a clipper ?
I'm impressed your limiter lets the sound of the attack through while still taming the peaks great job !
Thank you! I'm not very precise with semantics regarding limiter and clipper, as many (especially the interesting ones) seem to be a bit of both. And while I can see the rare need for a completely clean limiter, it's not what I had in mind when making Sky. Although, I think it does stay quite clean if you keep the character at zero (Zippo closed).
Old 12-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #130
JamesPeters

Glad to help! Making videos like that in Linux is easy. When it comes to utility software, Linux is pretty awesome.

That fixed the graphics glitches, and the font is good now, thanks! It's still slim but I can read it.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:38 AM   #131
Sumalc

Quote:
Redirection to the Paypal site is not working from your donate page.
Impossible to access via Firefox or Safari even by unlocking Adblock.
On a smartphone you can only access the Paypal site but in Finnish ;-)
Old 12-10-2018, 03:26 AM   #132
Sumalc

Default about Stereopposition

It would be really handy to have the possibility to make a complete turn with the Rotation function.
That is, when reached -2, keeping going in the same direction of rotation to reach -1 and thus make a complete turn.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #133
mrelwood

Quote:
Redirection to the Paypal site is not working from your donate page.
Impossible to access via Firefox or Safari even by unlocking Adblock.
On a smartphone you can only access the Paypal site but in Finnish ;-)
This was important info, thank you. I made a new donate button that hopefully works better accessed from the US. Please, anyone, test the new button (donation still optional ) and let me know how it behaves.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 AM   #134
Sumalc

The link to paypal US only works it seems, but it works for all.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:59 AM   #135
mrelwood

Quote:
The link to paypal US only works it seems, but it works for all.
Thank you so much, Sumalc! I now made a new €UR button with the same parameters as well.

Quote:
It would be really handy to have the possibility to make a complete turn with the Rotation function.
Fully counter-clockwise (-2.0) is currently the same position as fully clockwise (2.0). Or are you looking for an uninterrupted 360° rotation from 0?

Last edited by mrelwood; 12-11-2018 at 02:36 AM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:17 AM   #136
Sumalc

Buttons are fine now ;-)

Yes as you said : "an uninterrupted 360° rotation from 0". The idea is to be able to make a complete turn to go to the original position
Old 12-12-2018, 02:01 AM   #137
mrelwood

Quote:
Yes as you said : "an uninterrupted 360° rotation from 0". The idea is to be able to make a complete turn to go to the original position
I have to think about it. For automation or manually with a mouse/controller?
Old 12-12-2018, 02:45 AM   #138
Sumalc

For automation will be better i think.
I have a project where i would like to have the singer staying at center when the musicians will slowly "turn around him"
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #139
FKAB

Quote:
For automation will be better i think.
I have a project where i would like to have the singer staying at center when the musicians will slowly "turn around him"
Thank you in advance.
Could you use two instances with automation and PM to switch them when one hits 360 to the other at 0 and then back again? Not entirely perfect but might work!
FKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #140
mrelwood

Quote:
Thank you in advance.
This "turned" out to be rather tricky. Rotation at -2 and 2 are not the same like I said earlier. At 2 both channels are out of phase with -2. This makes continuous rotation impossible without switching the phases, which in "turn" can't be done without a small glitch even when waveform crosses zero.

I made the StereOpposition 0.93 beta available for download anyway, but I'm unsure about the future of the continuous rotation feature.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:40 AM   #141
Sumalc

Thank you FKAB for your suggestion, but i am currently testing the new version, and as it is it's already very promising.
For the moment I get the desired result by combining the automation of bypass, stereo image rotation and continuous rotation parameters.

Thank you so much Mrelwood, i send you a PM.

Last edited by Sumalc; 12-13-2018 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #142
mrelwood

G'day fellas! Here comes my first 2.0!

Introducing SKY is The Limit, version 2.0!

- Cleaner limiting, even more natural sound (Edit: Oops... Requires 2.01, out now!)
- Reaching even higher RMS levels (2.01)
- Zero Latency mode (for tracking)
- Link Threshold & Volume sliders
- Cleaner graphics
- Improved CPU/GPU economy
- New, a lot better sounding Tilt-EQ filters
- Peak indicators (2.01)
Hope you like it!

Last edited by mrelwood; 12-20-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #143
vanhaze

Amazing, thanks so much !
Old 12-21-2018, 02:33 AM   #144
Eliseat

Quote:

- Cleaner limiting, even more natural sound (Edit: Oops... Requires 2.01, out now!)
- Cleaner graphics
- Peak indicators (2.01)
Hope you like it!
This - for some reason - sounds very promising.

Many thanks, mrelwood!
Old 12-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #145
lachinhan

Default Awesome!

Quote:

- Cleaner graphics
- Peak indicators (2.01)
Hope you like it!
Awesome! Thank you so much
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #146
Tubeguy

One thing I'd like to be able to do is to design my own GUI for some Reaper plugins I use. Add realistic knobs etc. They are great plugins but give me no inspiration staring at them. But I have no clue how to program.....
Tubeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #147
citizenkeith

I know I mentioned this before, but I'd really like for you to keep the plugin names consistent, so that I don't have to keep every version installed. Do your updates break previous versions?

Love the plugins!
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #148
Tubeguy

Default Digital mixing console for home studio?

Sorry wrong section (deleted)
Old 12-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #149
Tubeguy

I've just tried the Mothercomp. Only quick 10 minute test but it is impressive and like nothing else I've come across. I like the simple slider setting, much, punch etc for quick comping. That's a very cool idea. And they all sound different too. I need more time to see how it works for my music though.
Only neg I have is that I can't see how much I'm compressing, the numbers are barely visible. But like I said, only have spend 10 minutes on it..
Old 12-22-2018, 02:09 AM   #150
bladerunner

I've just downloaded the zip containing MotherComp 1v15 and inside the file is 'mrelwood_MotherComp_1v1'. Also the latest SonnyComp zip contains 'mrelwood_SonnyComp_1v0' rather than 1v03.

Also, Sky is at 2.01 according to the website but the file says 'mrelwood_Sky_2v0' when downloaded. If this is in fact 2.01 it would be highly useful to name it exactly as 2v01 to eliminate confusion with versions.

Also, I take it we have to keep all previous versions used in projects to maintain project compatibility?

Thanks for all these plugins btw It's nice to have a dynamic eq in the JS 'suite' now. Looking forward to trying out the latest version of Sky.

Last edited by bladerunner; 12-22-2018 at 02:15 AM.
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #151
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeguy View Post
But I have no clue how to program.....
Neither did I! Open up any simple JS plugin from the Edit button at the top bar and start learning. The simple ones are just a few lines of code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkeith View Post
I know I mentioned this before, but I'd really like for you to keep the plugin names consistent, so that I don't have to keep every version installed.
Believe or not, I have kept your words in mind. I'm currently changing the name only if the sound would differ with the same settings. I might be a bit too careful with this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
I've just downloaded the zip containing MotherComp 1v15 and inside the file is 'mrelwood_MotherComp_1v1'. Also the latest SonnyComp zip contains 'mrelwood_SonnyComp_1v0' rather than 1v03.
This is exactly what Citizenkeith above asked against. If the filename remains the same, Reaper recognizes it as the same plugin, and old versions doesn't need to be installed.

Currently "Sky 2v0" filename is kept for versions 2.0, 2.01, 2.02, etc. If the update will not sound the same, I will up the version and filename to 2v1.

Although, I could rename the .zip file only, to reflect the actual version. But I'm not sure if you'd find that very important.

Last edited by mrelwood; 12-22-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #152
Sumalc

Thank you very much.
I noticed that unlike the previous version, the Sky window does not follow the enlargement of the FX window, and stay small.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #153
bladerunner

Quote:

Currently "Sky 2v0" filename is kept for versions 2.0, 2.01, 2.02, etc. If the update will not sound the same, I will up the version and filename to 2v1.
Cool, that's fine. So long as I know the system you're using I can follow along.

Quote:
Although, I could rename the .zip file only, to reflect the actual version. But I'm not sure if you'd find that very important.
Now I know how you're organising things I don't think that will be necessary.
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #154
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeguy View Post
I've just tried the Mothercomp.
Only neg I have is that I can't see how much I'm compressing, the numbers are barely visible.
Great to hear that you like it otherwise! My thinking was that one needs to see the meter scale only once. After that one remembers that one line is -6dB, and will only give a glance to count the lines. That’s when bigger numbers would be making a crowd. Hope it turns out to be true.

Quote:
Thank you very much.
I noticed that unlike the previous version, the Sky window does not follow the enlargement of the FX window, and stay small.
Yes, that is one part of the smaller GPU consumption. And I didn’t like everything free floating after all, the plugin window was rarely of a size where everything would look correct. I hope the current size is suitable for all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
Cool, that's fine. So long as I know the system you're using I can follow along.
I’ll do my best to remember that I have a system in place...

Last edited by mrelwood; 12-23-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #155
mrelwood

Merry Christmas everybody!

And thank you guys for the few donations so far! They really mean a lot to me.

Upcoming plugins:
- Routter 2.0, single channel routing as well
- A secret, very special audio tool
- Virtual guitar amplifier! I already like the pre-beta’s clean response, breakup, crunch and overdrive more than on any other. This is huge for me, to be able to create something as important as an amp simulator has been for me!

(Image above is from Avid. Seems they finally got something right! ;o)

Last edited by mrelwood; 12-24-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:53 AM   #156
Eliseat

Hi mrelwood,

I really love your plugins. But I guess I have found a bug in Mothercomb. It only happens if Mothercomp takes place in a FX chain together with Reacomp as sidechain effect. For some reason Mothercomp just sends something at full level over channel 3+4 without being involved in those sidechain channels. This results in a red level meter (sidechain) and the loss of the original signal which got routed thru.

I have no idea whats going on. But it happened today the second time in a different project. If I turn off Mothercomp the problem is solved. But who wants to turn of Mothercomp?

To recreate: send a kick drum thru 3+4 to ReaComp to duck a synth or anything else. Add Mothercomp and compress the signal. You should see how the channel 3+4 gets massive level.

Many thanks
Old 01-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #157
Eliseat

Important info: If I once open the plugin pin connector (without doing anything) the signal disappears.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #158
Eliseat

Old 01-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #159
JamesPeters

I cannot confirm that behavior with Mothercomp 1.15 (latest). From your image, it seems you're using an earlier version. Try the latest version just in case.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #160
Eliseat

Oh, I'm so sorry. This is kind of embarrassing as I thought for some reason that this would update via reapack. I installed the latest version and everything is fine now.

Sorry for the trouble.