Old 09-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
Marji
Human being with feelings

Default Increasing the gain of a section?

Hi Reaper People!

I am a complete newb with this software. I'm using it at the moment to edit spoken word (specifically, for a podcast). I'm doing pretty well for the most part, and I absolutely LOVE using Reaper, but there's one thing I have not been able to figure out how to do.

I have an individual section that is lower in volume than the other sections, and I'd like to boost it. I can figure out how to cut the volume, but I haven't been able to figure out how to boost it.

I feel like the answer is right there in the user's guide, but I'm not all that familiar with a lot of the technical terms, so I don't even know what to look for. Could someone help me by pointing me in the right direction, or just...you know...tell me what to do? :-)

With immense gratitude,

Marji, newb but not for long!
Marji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
Marji

Alright!!! I just found a great way to fix the level variation problem I was having!! I selected all the selections, and then normalized 'em. Worked like a charm!!!!

WooHOOO!
Old 09-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
martifingers

Welcome Marji. Perhaps this video from Kenny would help - as he says there are a lot of options...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmfnmvpx2po
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
Marji

Thank you so much, "martifingers"!!! That's VERY helpful!!! There is so much information to know about this thing, and it's wonderful and weird not to even know how to find the information I need. I definitely appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!!!

With gratitude,

Marji