Old 09-07-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
OovooJaver
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 24
Default SWS Extension

Helloooo Internet

I was browsing around Youtube when I found a person telling about what great things this Extension can do, but it seems I can't download it. THe 64 Bit version says coulnd't open file and when I tried the 32 BIt version the Ok Button for chosing an install folder is greyed out.

Am I missing something?
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
nicholas
Human being with feelings
 
nicholas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 9,126
Default

Sounds odd. You did go here, didn't you?

http://www.sws-extension.org/

And you do have REAPER 5.965 or later?
__________________
Learning Manuals and Reaper Books
REAPER Unleashed - ReaMix - REAPER User Guide
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/glazfolk
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
Stella645
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,217
Default

Close Reaper before running the 64bit installer.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
OovooJaver
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
Sounds odd. You did go here, didn't you?

http://www.sws-extension.org/

And you do have REAPER 5.965 or later?
Yes I went there. Sure. 5.98something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Close Reaper before running the 64bit installer.
I am not sure I did it yesterday, but now I did. Anyways. I get the problems as before.

Last edited by OovooJaver; 09-08-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: specs
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
cfillion
Human being with feelings
 
cfillion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 2,780
Default

Are you using REAPER 64-bit or 32-bit? The version of SWS you download must match.

Is the correct REAPER installation path selected in the SWS installer? (When you say "OK" is grayed out, is it because that path is empty?)

Can you share a screenshot of that "couldn't open file" error you are seeing? When exactly does that error message shows up?
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
OovooJaver
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Are you using REAPER 64-bit or 32-bit? The version of SWS you download must match.

Is the correct REAPER installation path selected in the SWS installer? (When you say "OK" is grayed out, is it because that path is empty?)

Can you share a screenshot of that "couldn't open file" error you are seeing? When exactly does that error message shows up?
Win 10 64 Bit, but it has a Program(x86) folder and also Reaper is capable of both at the same time I thought? So off course I tried both versions. But if you read my first post, I wrote it there.

-In the 64 Bit installer the right path is already preset. The download starts but then it gives me a message that the respective folder can't be opened. I could click on ignore and see where it takes me, but honestly...

-In the 32 Bit installer there is no path selected because the OK button that should give me the power to choose a folder manually is greyed out.

Screenshots of both versions' problems below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32Bit Version.JPG (56.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 64Bit Version.JPG (53.3 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by OovooJaver; 09-08-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: more precise expression
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
cfillion
Human being with feelings
 
cfillion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 2,780
Default

REAPER is either 64-bit or 32-bit, not both at the same time. You have REAPER 64-bit so only SWS 64-bit will work. The "OK" button is grayed out when installing SWS 32-bit because REAPER 32-bit is not installed (this is fine, you need SWS 64-bit instead).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OovooJaver View Post
Error opening file for writing:

C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\reaper_sws64.dll

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file.
This could be a permission issue (since you have closed REAPER beforehand this time). Writing to C:\Program Files requires administrator privileges. Try launching the SWS 64-bit installer as administrator.

If that doesn't work either, you could try the next version's beta installer which installs the DLL into the REAPER resource folder rather than Program Files. sws-2.10.0.1-Windows-x64-df1d59df.exe

Last edited by cfillion; 09-08-2019 at 02:08 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #8
OovooJaver
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
REAPER is either 64-bit or 32-bit, not both at the same time. You have REAPER 64-bit so only SWS 64-bit will work. The "OK" button is grayed out when installing SWS 32-bit because REAPER 32-bit is not installed (this is fine, you need SWS 64-bit instead).



This could be a permission issue (since you have closed REAPER beforehand this time). Writing to C:\Program Files requires administrator privileges. Try launching the SWS 64-bit installer as administrator.

If that doesn't work either, you could try the next version's beta installer which installs the DLL into the REAPER resource folder rather than Program Files. sws-2.10.0.1-Windows-x64-df1d59df.exe
Edit: Okay thanks again, the admin status did it.
These ideas are not bad and I will do exactly that. In that order. But first let me set up a system restore backup. It is about time anyways. Thank you and expect an update later.

Also, I can definitely say that Reaper can use x86 Plugins that I have on my computer. That's probably why I concluded that this might work too. Off course you have one version of windows and you need that Bit version. It confuses me that there is a x86 program file on my computer. Also it seems you can run x86 programs on a 64 Bit OS. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Last edited by OovooJaver; 09-09-2019 at 01:58 PM. Reason: elaborating
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.