Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 09-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #241
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Regarding ReaLearn - I don't use it so cannot be of help here. With SK - the built in feedback always worked for my needs.
Hmm ok, I thought it was necessary to use ReaLearn. I was just following a tutorial involving SK, ReaLearn and Faderbox. So you say SK can send feedback to controllers from plugins out of the box? I'll play around with this tonight. That would be great.

Awesome you've got some major changes in the works. Sorry it took me so long to discover how useful this is. Don't worry about my request. I'll just wait for your release. Lemme know if you want me to test it. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #242
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Hmm ok, I thought it was necessary to use ReaLearn. I was just following a tutorial involving SK, ReaLearn and Faderbox. So you say SK can send feedback to controllers from plugins out of the box? I'll play around with this tonight. That would be great.

Awesome you've got some major changes in the works. Sorry it took me so long to discover how useful this is. Don't worry about my request. I'll just wait for your release. Lemme know if you want me to test it. Thanks for your help!
There are a few requirements for Faderbox itself to send feedback - but it always worked for my controllers.

Your controller needs to have the controls set up as sequential CC's - so for example - CC0-31.

If you can do that - then it should just be a case of going into faderbox and setting the feedback sliders appropriately.

Add a midi hardware output on the __LBX_SKCTL track to the controller.

But a number of people had difficulties getting this to work - I've no real idea why - it should just work and always did for me.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #243
foxAsteria

Quote:
Add a midi hardware output on the __LBX_SKCTL track to the controller.
Ah, ok I guess this is what I was missing. Thanks again, btw, do you plan to add an option to the new release to start counting from CC1 instead of 0? It's a bit confusing at times when I have everything else set that way.

Once I get it set, I'll make a thread and share how I got it working, cos it's really a game changer to always have certain info and controls on a portable tablet.

And soon enough I'll get around to donating some $$$ to all you genius coders making my life more enjoyable...for now plz accept my eternal gratitude.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:08 AM   #244
caronte23

Hi there, I'm trying to get smart knobs up and running but I ran into a weird issue.

Basically I followed this tutorial:
https://reaperblog.net/2019/04/midi-feedback/

I managed to assign my controller (maschine mk2) to faderbox through realearn.
All controls seem to work, also moving the sliders on faderbox with the mouse shows on the controller, so feedback is working.
Then I open the Smart Knobs window and as soon as I open any plugin all the controls on both faderbox and my controller go down to 0 and if I try to push them up again they just jump back down.
Anyone know what the problem might be?

EDIT:
Ok reading back on this thread I figured realearn wasn't necessary, so I tried setting it up using just faderbox but I get the same exact problem, this is also weather or not I activate midi feedback.

Last edited by caronte23; 10-23-2019 at 05:05 AM.
caronte23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:50 AM   #245
TonE

We can all agree midi mapping is an important topic, there are many variants already, nobody knows which is best. Here another variant: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=226038
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #246
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronte23 View Post
Hi there, I'm trying to get smart knobs up and running but I ran into a weird issue.

Basically I followed this tutorial:
https://reaperblog.net/2019/04/midi-feedback/

I managed to assign my controller (maschine mk2) to faderbox through realearn.
All controls seem to work, also moving the sliders on faderbox with the mouse shows on the controller, so feedback is working.
Then I open the Smart Knobs window and as soon as I open any plugin all the controls on both faderbox and my controller go down to 0 and if I try to push them up again they just jump back down.
Anyone know what the problem might be?

EDIT:
Ok reading back on this thread I figured realearn wasn't necessary, so I tried setting it up using just faderbox but I get the same exact problem, this is also weather or not I activate midi feedback.
Have you tried putting a midi logger on the track that sends midi back to the controller (faderbox track)? Then - when you see the controls snapping to zero - what's in the logger? If you see a load of CC's with values of 0 - then you need to work out where these are coming from? They may or may not be coming from faderbox... As this happens through both faderbox and ReaLearn - then it may not be faderbox that's the problem - but I don't know at this point.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #247
caronte23

Quote:
Have you tried putting a midi logger on the track that sends midi back to the controller (faderbox track)? Then - when you see the controls snapping to zero - what's in the logger? If you see a load of CC's with values of 0 - then you need to work out where these are coming from? They may or may not be coming from faderbox... As this happens through both faderbox and ReaLearn - then it may not be faderbox that's the problem - but I don't know at this point.
Hi there, thanks for responding, just to make sure I did a couple tests without any midi controller connected to my machine, I made a couple clips, hope it helps.

https://streamable.com/ggry3

https://streamable.com/faaj3
caronte23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:04 AM   #248
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronte23 View Post
Hi there, thanks for responding, just to make sure I did a couple tests without any midi controller connected to my machine, I made a couple clips, hope it helps.

https://streamable.com/ggry3

https://streamable.com/faaj3
Yep - I can see the problem in th esecond video - you assign a plugin - but there are no assignments - so that behaviour would be expected.

Try clicking in the script GUI next to the red numbers to add some parameters and then save the template (for the plugin).

With some parameters assigned - hopefully it should work??
Old 10-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #249
Treaper

Quote:
Hi All,

A collaboration between me and SRD who provided the impotus and ideas for this one.

https://github.com/L-B-X/LBX-SRD-Smart-Knobs

A simple idea for making your midi controller connect to specific parameters of whatever plugin has the focus.

So you simply focus a plugin - set up whatever parameters you like to control with your external controller, hit SAVE. Now whenever you focus an instance of that plugin - the midi controller always maps to the same parameters automatically.

To set up - simply create a track called __LBX_SKCTL. Note two underscores as with my stripper script.

Just like the Stripper script - simply add a LBX-Faderbox to this track. Assign your midi controller controls to the faderbox F1-32 parameters.

Then start the smart knobs script.

Then set up any and all plugins how you want them within the script - setting parameters to faders - hitting SAVE for each plugin when you're happy.

The 'L' button activates Learn mode. Simply click the controls in the plugin GUI in the order you want them in the list. I've noticed that it might not work until you have at least one param added - so I need to look into that.

Clicking on the plugin name activates Latch mode for the track the plugin is on.

Clicking REC button sets up the parameters for recording automation.
This looks really great!

Can you map 64 parameters to a VST plugin using 4 banks with the Midi Fighter Twister, ReaLearn & LBX, or is it only 16 parameters?

Also would a Presonus Faderport 8 work ok with this setup?

Thanks.
Treaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:43 PM   #250
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treaper View Post
This looks really great!

Can you map 64 parameters to a VST plugin using 4 banks with the Midi Fighter Twister, ReaLearn & LBX, or is it only 16 parameters?

Also would a Presonus Faderport 8 work ok with this setup?

Thanks.
Hi,

I can't speak for the ReaLearn setup method - but adding more FaderBox JSFX to the __LBX_SKCTL track will allow for more assignments.

The Faderbox built in feedback needs consecutive CC's programmable on the control surface in order to receive the feedback. With ReaLearn I assume it's more flexible.

I would guess it would work fine with the Faderport using ReaLearn if it's not possible to alter the CC assignments of the controls.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #251
joffre88

Hi, first of course thank you lb0 for this great utility! I just wanted to ask (sorry if this was addressed already but much content to digest here) if it is possible to have multiple mappings for same plugin? For example, there are rack type plugins like NI Guitar Rig which allocate parameters dynamically depending on what effects are present in rack. Having chorus and phaser would result in different parameters than chorus and flanger etc.

Now, I don't want to track what is being added and map those in real time, because that would be complicated and not essential. Instead, I imagine that I could create plugin with alias containing specific tag like "guitar rig __gr-chorus__" and then srd script would look for a mapping for "gr-chorus" instead of "<whatever guitar rig plugin id is>". Also, Isotonik's PrEditor for Live does something similar.
joffre88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:57 AM   #252
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffre88 View Post
Hi, first of course thank you lb0 for this great utility! I just wanted to ask (sorry if this was addressed already but much content to digest here) if it is possible to have multiple mappings for same plugin? For example, there are rack type plugins like NI Guitar Rig which allocate parameters dynamically depending on what effects are present in rack. Having chorus and phaser would result in different parameters than chorus and flanger etc.

Now, I don't want to track what is being added and map those in real time, because that would be complicated and not essential. Instead, I imagine that I could create plugin with alias containing specific tag like "guitar rig __gr-chorus__" and then srd script would look for a mapping for "gr-chorus" instead of "<whatever guitar rig plugin id is>". Also, Isotonik's PrEditor for Live does something similar.
Hi,

I'm pretty sure it can load a template depending on the plugin name in the MCP.

Under the settings menu - if you unselect the 'Use Module Name Detection' option - it will match by plugins name in the MCP - so you can have different templates for the same plugin (by renaming it).
Old 11-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #253
joffre88

Quote:
Hi,

I'm pretty sure it can load a template depending on the plugin name in the MCP.

Under the settings menu - if you unselect the 'Use Module Name Detection' option - it will match by plugins name in the MCP - so you can have different templates for the same plugin (by renaming it).
Indeed, haven't noticed it Actually, mixed behavior like I described above (depending on tag presence instead of global switch) seems more usable to me as if I disable module name detection then I can't use alias functionality for it's main purpose of fx labeling, because then every time srd sees something like "eq low cut" it will think this is separate mapping from normal eq.

Luckily now that I know which piece of code is responsible for this behavior (https://github.com/L-B-X/LBX-SRD-Sma...Knobs.lua#L890) I can work my way around it and implement tag lookup in fxname.
joffre88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #254
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffre88 View Post
Indeed, haven't noticed it Actually, mixed behavior like I described above (depending on tag presence instead of global switch) seems more usable to me as if I disable module name detection then I can't use alias functionality for it's main purpose of fx labeling, because then every time srd sees something like "eq low cut" it will think this is separate mapping from normal eq.

Luckily now that I know which piece of code is responsible for this behavior (https://github.com/L-B-X/LBX-SRD-Sma...Knobs.lua#L890) I can work my way around it and implement tag lookup in fxname.
Let me know if you require any additional info.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:26 PM   #255
fak0u

I just installed FAderBox32, I only have 4 faders, is that normal ?
fak0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #256
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fak0u View Post
I just installed FAderBox32, I only have 4 faders, is that normal ?
It is normal in the faderbox GUI - most are hidden - you can edit the JSFX and remove the '-' in front of the F(n) sliders to make them visible.

You can still learn them when hidden via the menu at the top of the GUI.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #257
fak0u

Quote:
It is normal in the faderbox GUI - most are hidden - you can edit the JSFX and remove the '-' in front of the F(n) sliders to make them visible.

You can still learn them when hidden via the menu at the top of the GUI.
thanx
Old 11-20-2019, 05:41 AM   #258
fak0u

So I just started using FaderBox, I think it's great, thank you so much for doing this tool ! I'm using it with a BCR2000, the faders work just fine, is there a possibility to use the on/off switches too ?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #259
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fak0u View Post
So I just started using FaderBox, I think it's great, thank you so much for doing this tool ! I'm using it with a BCR2000, the faders work just fine, is there a possibility to use the on/off switches too ?
If you learn the on/off switches to a slider in faderbox it should work.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #260
fak0u

I added a second Faderbox plugin instance to assign the on/off switches
it works perfectly, thank you
Old 11-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #261
fak0u

I've got a "problem" with how BYPASS is handled, Reaper/BCR2000/etc... lights ON on the ON/OFF switch button when bypass is engaged, so the plugin is OFF but the light is ON. when you unbypass the plugin it lights OFF... That's very strange to me.
lights ON = plugin inactive / lights OFF = plugin active

is there a way to invert that so there is light when the plugin is active, and no light when it is bypassed ?
Old 12-05-2019, 06:13 AM   #262
Treaper

Quote:
Hi,

I can't speak for the ReaLearn setup method - but adding more FaderBox JSFX to the __LBX_SKCTL track will allow for more assignments.

The Faderbox built in feedback needs consecutive CC's programmable on the control surface in order to receive the feedback. With ReaLearn I assume it's more flexible.

I would guess it would work fine with the Faderport using ReaLearn if it's not possible to alter the CC assignments of the controls.
Thank you for the reply, I have a Midi Fighter Twister on the way. I mentioned the Faderport, but in your opinion what would be the best motorized fader solution to complement the Midi Fighter Twister and Reaper? I should add that I would like to have fader control over plugin parameters, as well as the DAW mixer and automation.

Thanks.

Last edited by Treaper; 12-05-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Treaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #263
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treaper View Post
Thank you for the reply, I have a Midi Fighter Twister on the way. I mentioned the Faderport, but in your opinion what would be the best motorized fader solution to complement the Midi Fighter Twister and Reaper? I should add that I would like to have fader control over plugin parameters, as well as the DAW mixer and automation.

Thanks.
I've not had a lot experience with fader based controllers. The only one I have is the XTouch and XTouch extender - which should work ok with Smart Knobs 1 (SK1) - although would require Realearn method for feedback as they are not freely programmable (the Xtouch is fixed to MCU protocol messages generally).

SK1 itself will not be developed further to accomodate DAW mixer control (only bugfixes). BUT....

SK2 is in development and the XTouch and Xtouch Extender integrate perfectly with that, able to also automate the DAW mixer and trigger other things such as actions/insert automation items, Switch visible MIDI editor CC lanes and a whole host of other stuff - all freely programmable. (It's been in development with a number of composers such as SRD, Klangfarben, and _Stevie_ for over a year now).

When that is ready for release - it will work fine with any MCU protocol controller such as SSL Nucleus, as well as the XTouch and Extender (you can use up to four completely separate controllers in theory - more than that if their MIDI messages do not clash).

With a bit of work creating your own map file - should work with any MIDI based controller.

But as it's been designed with the XTouch in mind - that's a good place to start.

I'm still not sure when it will be released yet - it's working perfectly - but the complete feature set is not finished yet.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:37 AM   #264
Wilson

Quote:
I've not had a lot experience with fader based controllers. The only one I have is the XTouch and XTouch extender - which should work ok with Smart Knobs 1 (SK1) - although would require Realearn method for feedback as they are not freely programmable (the Xtouch is fixed to MCU protocol messages generally).

SK1 itself will not be developed further to accomodate DAW mixer control (only bugfixes). BUT....

SK2 is in development and the XTouch and Xtouch Extender integrate perfectly with that, able to also automate the DAW mixer and trigger other things such as actions/insert automation items, Switch visible MIDI editor CC lanes and a whole host of other stuff - all freely programmable. (It's been in development with a number of composers such as SRD, Klangfarben, and _Stevie_ for over a year now).

When that is ready for release - it will work fine with any MCU protocol controller such as SSL Nucleus, as well as the XTouch and Extender (you can use up to four completely separate controllers in theory - more than that if their MIDI messages do not clash).

With a bit of work creating your own map file - should work with any MIDI based controller.

But as it's been designed with the XTouch in mind - that's a good place to start.

I'm still not sure when it will be released yet - it's working perfectly - but the complete feature set is not finished yet.
Hey Leon, I hope you are doing well

I got a question: If I click on the plugin name in smart knobs the
automation mode changing to "Latch Preview"
Can you tell me how I can change that to "Latch Rec" or "Write" in the "Edit" script?

And I have read that the SK2 is in development.
Do you already know roughly when the script will be released?

Cheers
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:23 AM   #265
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Hey Leon, I hope you are doing well

I got a question: If I click on the plugin name in smart knobs the
automation mode changing to "Latch Preview"
Can you tell me how I can change that to "Latch Rec" or "Write" in the "Edit" script?

And I have read that the SK2 is in development.
Do you already know roughly when the script will be released?

Cheers
Sorry I missed this one.

find the code section:

Code:
        elseif mouse.context == nil and MOUSE_click(obj.sections[3]) then

if FFX then

if LBX_FX_TRACK_AM == 0 then
              LBX_FX_TRACK_AM = 5
            else
              LBX_FX_TRACK_AM = 0
            end
            SetAutoMode(FFX.trn, LBX_FX_TRACK_AM)
            update_gfx = true

end
Change the line

Code:
LBX_FX_TRACK_AM = 5
change the 5 (Latch Preview code) to the code that you want.

SK2 development is still ongoing. I had a break from working on it - but am back onto it now. At the moment I have no idea when it will be ready.

I know if I release it now - my entire life will be taken over by explaining how to make it work with different controllers - as at the moment I have 'mappings' to make it work with XTouch/XTouch extender/SSL Nucleus/ and generic MCU (which may not be working at the moment) - but nothing else. I still need to create an additional utility to help create the mapping files for different controllers.

And it has tonnes of bespoke functions requested by the guys I'm writing it for which will need a lot of explaining...

It will be released - just not 100% sure when.

If development is likely to take a lot longer - I probably will release it in it's working state with the caveat that it is limited to the listed controllers and my support for it will be limited...
Old 02-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #266
poetnprophet

Hello, I am using several control surfaces using Reaper csurf as well as CSI and even some ReaLearn functions.

But one thing I'm trying to do (none of the above will do this yet) is to link an FX parameter to the MCP fader. The goal is when I move the fader, it moves the FX parameter as well as adjust volume as normal. The FX would be on the same track as the fader. I would need this to work for basically all tracks if/when that plugin is on the track.

Is that possible with this?

Last edited by poetnprophet; 02-07-2020 at 03:22 PM.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:02 AM   #267
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hello, I am using several control surfaces using Reaper csurf as well as CSI and even some ReaLearn functions.

But one thing I'm trying to do (none of the above will do this yet) is to link an FX parameter to the MCP fader. The goal is when I move the fader, it moves the FX parameter as well as adjust volume as normal. The FX would be on the same track as the fader. I would need this to work for basically all tracks if/when that plugin is on the track.

Is that possible with this?
SK version 2 - which is in development - can adjust track parameters (although currently there hasn't been a need to control both fx and volume fader with the same control).

The current version is limited to FX plugin automation only.

So I don't think this is probably the best solution to that problem either.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #268
grandfougue

Hi and thanks for this fantastic scipt just like LBX Stripper. Is it possible to export these parameters to another machine?

Will there be toggle buttons and toggle boxes? in v2

And when i right click to select write mode or othe not fonction juste lach move my track to latch mode

Last edited by grandfougue; 02-08-2020 at 05:02 PM.
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #269
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
Hi and thanks for this fantastic scipt just like LBX Stripper. Is it possible to export these parameters to another machine?

Will there be toggle buttons and toggle boxes? in v2
In the LBXSK_Resources folder - copy the templates folder.

And yes.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #270
grandfougue

Quote:
In the LBXSK_Resources folder - copy the templates folder.

And yes.
Yes Super cool

And when i right click to select write mode or othe not fonction juste lach move my track to latch mode
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #271
cjewellstudios

Quote:

Your controller needs to have the controls set up as sequential CC's - so for example - CC0-31.
holy hell.

This is probably the reason.

f1 - f32 should really be cc0-cc31?

I did not realize that at all. I just assumed that it would send the feedback to the same cc it received. The other dropdown arrows

I swear the feedback worked once for me and I bet it was because I was on my first bank of my MF twister which has the lower cc's on it.

Will test and get back. That would be huge because while I do love Realearn, on the rare occasion that reaper quits with no error message, realearn.dll is usually listed in the event viewer for the crash.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:27 AM   #272
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
holy hell.

This is probably the reason.

f1 - f32 should really be cc0-cc31?

I did not realize that at all. I just assumed that it would send the feedback to the same cc it received. The other dropdown arrows

I swear the feedback worked once for me and I bet it was because I was on my first bank of my MF twister which has the lower cc's on it.

Will test and get back. That would be huge because while I do love Realearn, on the rare occasion that reaper quits with no error message, realearn.dll is usually listed in the event viewer for the crash.
Yes - because the sliders in faderbox are learned through the reaper learn system - they could be mapped to anything. It was much easier at the time I coded this to just output CC0-31 for F1-32.

I know now I could probably just get the mappings for the learned controls from the chunk - but this wasn't really a requirement at the time - and as all the controllers I used at the time were programmable - I used the easy option.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:06 AM   #273
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Yes - because the sliders in faderbox are learned through the reaper learn system - they could be mapped to anything. It was much easier at the time I coded this to just output CC0-31 for F1-32.

I know now I could probably just get the mappings for the learned controls from the chunk - but this wasn't really a requirement at the time - and as all the controllers I used at the time were programmable - I used the easy option.
Oh yeah dude that makes complete sense.

And testing now, yep. That was it!

This is awesome

I feel really silly seeing as I made a video that involved a whole other script/plugin for something that yours takes care of. ugh**facepalm**

Especially when the answer was right in front of my face, I just failed to "get it." The feedback CC no's drop down menu.... I just kinda always thought it meant "this is your first faderbox, use this first set of cc's." I have no idea why that stuck in my head. It makes total sense now.

My sincere apologies, Leon.

Anyways I'm excited now!!!

So...

What is the slider F-1->F16 note on monitor for?

And Latch time I assume is a delay for the feedback to be sent in case its too fast and causing problems?

cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #274
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Oh yeah dude that makes complete sense.

And testing now, yep. That was it!

This is awesome

I feel really silly seeing as I made a video that involved a whole other script/plugin for something that yours takes care of. ugh**facepalm**

Especially when the answer was right in front of my face, I just failed to "get it." The feedback CC no's drop down menu.... I just kinda always thought it meant "this is your first faderbox, use this first set of cc's." I have no idea why that stuck in my head. It makes total sense now.

My sincere apologies, Leon.

Anyways I'm excited now!!!

So...

What is the slider F-1->F16 note on monitor for?

And Latch time I assume is a delay for the feedback to be sent in case its too fast and causing problems?

Well - your realearn method is still useful for those without programmable surfaces - like an XTouch. So still valid. And my lack of docs didn't help - so I apologise too! lol!

The note on monitor was to use alongside LBX Stripper - so you can trigger snapshot changes. I don't think there's any use with SK. I think it switches faders 1-16 to monitor for note-on's (probably from C0) without having to learn each fader.

I think the latch time is how long it holds the On value before switching it off internally (to prevent retriggers). But it's an age since I did that and I've not really used it since (it was a feature for someone else) - so memory of its exact purpose is not great and I could be wrong.

Last edited by lb0; 02-09-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #275
ejanejarr

Hi lb0, I'd really like to use this script but it is giving me a really hard time. I'm trying to map some VSTis with a couple of Faderbox instances. Everything goes swell until I try to scroll thru the window to keep up assigning parameters.

As it is, the most I can do is stretch the SK window to the max so I can see the first 32 or 33 parameters, but that's all. If I try to scroll and look for the other half of them everything goes bananas. I'm on MacOS Mojave, btw.

Also, would the templates from v1 compatibles with the upcoming v2 (so it's worth the time to create them for fewer-parameters-plugins while I wait for v2 to be released).
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #276
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejanejarr View Post
Hi lb0, I'd really like to use this script but it is giving me a really hard time. I'm trying to map some VSTis with a couple of Faderbox instances. Everything goes swell until I try to scroll thru the window to keep up assigning parameters.

As it is, the most I can do is stretch the SK window to the max so I can see the first 32 or 33 parameters, but that's all. If I try to scroll and look for the other half of them everything goes bananas. I'm on MacOS Mojave, btw.

Also, would the templates from v1 compatibles with the upcoming v2 (so it's worth the time to create them for fewer-parameters-plugins while I wait for v2 to be released).
Aah - the curse of the strange Mac mice which do not follow the Reaper documentation with regard to processing the mousewheel.

Are you using something like the 'Mighty Mouse' or similar?

Anyway - near the top of the code you'll see

Code:
lvar.mousewheel_mult = 120
  --lvar.mousewheel_mult = 6 --Uncomment this line if using a Mighty Mouse on Mac!
Simply delete the two '-' characters prefixing the second line. Try that. If that doesn't work - try altering the 6 to something else (keep it multiples of 6 at first)...

EDIT:

If that doesn't fix it - let me know.

EDIT2:

I would say no - the templates are not compatible between v1 and v2 unfortunately... v2 saves a lot more data which is set up when creating the templates (to cover on/off switches, multi-value non-continuous controls, display colour, parameter types, and such like).

Last edited by lb0; 02-09-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #277
ejanejarr

OLEEE! That did it (I was using an old Magic Trackpad)!

Sad to hear no compatibility for v2, it'll be a PITA to map everything.

But still, this script is awesome (frustating, but awesome), thanks so much!
Old 02-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #278
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejanejarr View Post
OLEEE! That did it (I was using an old Magic Trackpad)!

Sad to hear no compatibility for v2, it'll be a PITA to map everything.

But still, this script is awesome (frustating, but awesome), thanks so much!
Ahhh - sorry - I just tested.

SK1 templates are indeed compatible with SK2 My bad.

Sorry about any frustration - anything in particular?
Old 02-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #279
ejanejarr

The script seems to have trouble recognizing some VST3 instruments (at least on Mac), and there have been times when a template has lost all mapping thou that might be me doing something wrong.

Also, the 'Use Module Name Detection' function is confusing, to me at least.

But glad to hear compatibility won't be a problem!
Old 02-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #280
Wilson

Quote:
Sorry I missed this one.

find the code section:

Code:
        elseif mouse.context == nil and MOUSE_click(obj.sections[3]) then

if FFX then

if LBX_FX_TRACK_AM == 0 then
              LBX_FX_TRACK_AM = 5
            else
              LBX_FX_TRACK_AM = 0
            end
            SetAutoMode(FFX.trn, LBX_FX_TRACK_AM)
            update_gfx = true

end
Change the line

Code:
LBX_FX_TRACK_AM = 5
change the 5 (Latch Preview code) to the code that you want.

SK2 development is still ongoing. I had a break from working on it - but am back onto it now. At the moment I have no idea when it will be ready.

I know if I release it now - my entire life will be taken over by explaining how to make it work with different controllers - as at the moment I have 'mappings' to make it work with XTouch/XTouch extender/SSL Nucleus/ and generic MCU (which may not be working at the moment) - but nothing else. I still need to create an additional utility to help create the mapping files for different controllers.

And it has tonnes of bespoke functions requested by the guys I'm writing it for which will need a lot of explaining...

It will be released - just not 100% sure when.

If development is likely to take a lot longer - I probably will release it in it's working state with the caveat that it is limited to the listed controllers and my support for it will be limited...
Thank you very much for your answer! Nr.3 did it.

For me personally the Smart Knobs Script do the job very well with any Controller I got (X-Touch Mini, Behringer Motör 61, Maschine MKII, Jam ...) so I dont really understand the problems with all the mappings???
If the controller has CCs you can map everything how you like with Realearn or do I overlook something?

I use one ReaLeran.dll for every controller on the Input FX Chain of the __LBX_SKCTL track and as many Faderboxes as I need in the FX chain so everything is working great.

The only thing I would change is the possibility to click on a certain slot in the Smart Knobs and press the learn button for just this slot if you like to map just the slot nr.16 (for example) with the "learn" function.

And a "Reverse" function. Thats all I missing from this script.

Thank you Leon, I appreciate your work and your help, you`re just great!
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote