Old 04-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
xpander
Human being with feelings

Default v6.08rc1 - April 2 2020

v6.08rc1 - April 2 2020

+ ARA: more improvements to preventing lost data when doing complex edits [p=2253315]
+ ARA: preserve edits when running complex split actions and using ARA as take FX
+ JSFX: sequencer_megababy extended recording options via MIDI trigger parameter
+ MIDI: avoid retriggering notes when recording past the end of an unlooped MIDI item
+ MIDI: prevent playing back double events in certain situations
+ Media explorer: optionally apply preview volume to inserted media item
+ NINJAM import: allow setting output format when importing session
+ NINJAM: add options to auto-play, auto-rewind REAPER playback at interval start
+ Pan: add option to limit taper to linear above +3dB pan law [t=231241]
+ ReaNINJAM: act as if disconnected if server reports 0 local channels and no remote channels available (lobby-mode)
+ ReaNINJAM: fix possible incorrect monitoring when server has limited local channels
+ ReaNINJAM: include for posterity chat messages in clipsort.log
+ Render: fix potential crash when rendering stems and target file cannot be opened [t=233558]
# Media explorer: when enabled, apply preview volume to take volume, not media item volume
# Pan: fix scaling when using new pan law option
# ReaNINJAM: project sync options are on-demand actions rather than persistent settings

This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.
Changelog - Pre-Releases
Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
pepe44

Nice.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
v6.08rc1 - April 2 2020
+ NINJAM: add options to auto-play, auto-rewind REAPER playback at interval start
1) should be listed as ReaNINJAM rather than NINJAM (or not?)
2) "auto-rewind" option is not available in this and v6.07+dev0401 releases (was in 6.07+dev0331)

Starting auto-play seems to be more (if not perfectly) tight and reliable than in v6.07+dev0401, Bravo!

Also it seems that audiosetting buffer is taken into account now (am I right or is it only my feeling?)

But now it always starts from the very beginning of timeline no matter where the cursor is placed when auto-play is engaged. In previous release (6.07+dev0401) it was possible to start from any position in project timeline where cursor was placed befoure auto-play triggered. Was it omitted intentionally?
(Workaround is to have "Smooth seeking..." option enabled and place the cursor to desired place in timeline after auto-play started from ninjam).

Last edited by akademie; 04-02-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typos
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
1) should be listed as ReaNINJAM rather than NINJAM (or not?)
2) "auto-rewind" option is not available in this and v6.07+dev0401 releases (was in 6.07+dev0331)

Starting auto-play seems to be more (if not perfectly) tight and reliable than in v6.07+dev0401, Bravo!

Also it seems that audiosetting buffer is taken into account now (am I right or is it only my feeling?)

But now it always starts from the very beginning of timeline no matter where the cursor is placed when auto-play is engaged. In previous release (6.07+dev0401) it was possible to start from any position in project timeline where cursor was placed befoure auto-play triggered. Was it omitted intentionally?
(Workaround is to have "Smooth seeking..." option enabled and place the cursor to desired place in timeline after auto-play started from ninjam).
Thanks. 1 will be edited before release anyway. re 2, we simplified the behavior because the automatic modes were messing me up making me act like a noob.

The sync is generally a lot better now, there are instances where it might be off by a buffer, but usually it will be less than a buffer, and if the interval is an equal number of buffers long (e.g. 48khz 128 samples 120bpm) it will usually be exactly on.

Thanks for pointing out that it is seeking to 0, that's a bug (fixing).
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #5
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thanks. 1 will be edited before release anyway. re 2, we simplified the behavior because the automatic modes were messing me up making me act like a noob.

The sync is generally a lot better now, there are instances where it might be off by a buffer, but usually it will be less than a buffer, and if the interval is an equal number of buffers long (e.g. 48khz 128 samples 120bpm) it will usually be exactly on.

Thanks for pointing out that it is seeking to 0, that's a bug (fixing).
Understand. fine.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:26 AM   #6
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
+ Media explorer: optionally apply preview volume to inserted media item
Maybe too late , and altho is a RC I think you should be aware that the same principle should be applied for timestrech value preview in ME and when dropping into samplers.