Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
andrew88
Human being with feelings

Default Get configuration of missing plugin

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is not the right sub-forum to be asking this. More apologies for the fact that it's probably a bit of a stupid question...

Basically, I've got a load of Reaper project files that were created on my Mac, but that I'm now trying to use on my Windows machine (A glass of water killed my macbook... bad times). I've managed to get the Windows versions of all the VST plugins, but there's one AU plugin that's causing me issues. Although I have the Windows VST version, Reaper doesn't know that it's the same plugin as the AU one, so it greys-out the effect and I can't see any of the settings.

I've tried manually editing the RPP file to replace the <AU with <VST and change the name accordingly, but the rest of the settings look completely different in the file (the section for the VST is a lot bigger than the corresponding AU one for the same plugin), and the fact that it's mostly unreadable makes it difficult to know what the differences are. Needless to say, this didn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can read/find out the settings for the AU plugin so I can reapply them to the VST, assuming I don't have access to any kind of Mac?

Thanks.
andrew88 is offline   Reply With Quote