Old 01-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
DeeJayGray
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper for Radio (again)

[Please note: I posted this here before noticing the newbie forum. Apologies for this.]

I’m returning to this forum after a long hiatus and I hope that you won’t mind indulging me – pretty much a non techie – with some much needed guidance!

After a two year break, I am returning to producing radio shows. I previously used Audacity – which is great – but want to move on to Reaper having read so many good things about it. The problem is, and despite many attempts, I am having real problems getting my head around it! I have tried video tutorials on YouTube but I find them too complex for a beginner. I have even looked at finding local college courses but without any luck.

If I describe what I did using Audacity, perhaps someone could point me in the direction of where I could learn how to do the same on Reaper:

1. I recorded voice links on Audacity, edited them and then saved as individual MP3 files.

2. Once all these were done, I would open a new project and then import these voice link files, together with music files, into Audacity thus “building a show” with the wave forms in front of me on the screen.

3. I would then save that project as one large MP3 file (ie: the finished show)

4. (The only effects I used on Audacity were fade in, fade out, auto duck and occasional compression.)

If I could master these basics on Reaper, I would then have the confidence to go on and explore all the other things Reaper can do which I am really keen to do. (For one thing, I am particularly interested in “normalizing” my shows.) I would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thank you!

Last edited by DeeJayGray; 01-19-2018 at 04:51 PM.
DeeJayGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
hopi

not sure if you got this solved in some other thread, but all that is a piece of cake with reaper... and for a radio show you could really do wonders to it with some track organization and some automation envelopes...
Old 01-20-2018, 05:17 AM   #3
DeeJayGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
not sure if you got this solved in some other thread, but all that is a piece of cake with reaper... and for a radio show you could really do wonders to it with some track organization and some automation envelopes...
Many thanks, hopi. That is very good to know and encourages me to sit down and spend some proper time getting to grips with Reaper. (Yes, I had posted on another thread and received a reply with some very useful tips.) Thanks again.
DeeJayGray is offline   Reply With Quote