Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #441
dahya
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Downloads just fine here. Have you tried with different browser?
Thanks, usually use Chrome and don't usually have a problem. tried this using MS Edge, and it downloads...strange....nut thanks for that.
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 02:24 PM   #442
JonLinnarson

Very lovely plug-ins! I especially like CompLab, EQall, DynaStrip, SonnyComp and MotherComp.

CompLab might just be the most advanced compressor there is in Reaper! I prefer it over ReaComp most of the time. The other two comps are also great when you need a good sound and fast.

I've been trying to use mostly stock plug-ins and JSFX when mixing lately, to try and get rid of my choice overload when it comes to plug-ins, and having your effects (together with effects from Saike and others) have really made it a breeze

Looking forward to what else you can come up with. Many thanks!

/Jon
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:04 AM   #443
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLinnarson View Post
Very lovely plug-ins!
Thank you so much Jon, great to hear that you like them!

In a perfect world I would assign much more time to making and polishing my plugins, but being how things are, that’s very far from being the case. But I do want to say to everybody that despite nothing seemingly happening for months after months, I still do work with them almost every week. Lately my experiments haven’t just ended up sounding the way I aimed for, so I have scrapped several new plugin concepts and version updates to existing ones.

Some of the updates and improvements have stayed, but nothing major, so I just haven’t updated the downloadable versions yet.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:33 AM   #444
JonLinnarson

Good to hear!

Quality takes time, as they say, so no need to rush out updates or new plug-ins
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:37 AM   #445
pax-eterna

Thank you for these. Will try them out soon.
pax-eterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:45 PM   #446
Reflected

Gotta check ur stuff
Subscribed
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:16 AM   #447
Lynx_TWO

VocaStrip looks very interesting. I sometimes master podcasts for some friends of mine and this could come in really handy! I'll certainly be trying it on the next podcast...
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:28 PM   #448
dom64

Hey MrElwood - hope all is well.

Just checked in and found your demo of the Amp Era:
https://youtu.be/LayJf4YuZ3U

It's sounding absolutely awesome , and I can see you've added a few extra controls since the version I've got.

Can't wait till 1.0 is ready!

Big bump!

All the best,
Dom
dom64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:59 AM   #449
danerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom64 View Post
Hey MrElwood - hope all is well.

Just checked in and found your demo of the Amp Era:
https://youtu.be/LayJf4YuZ3U
Ive watched that clip five times now. It sounds absolutely AMAZING...

Sincerely /Bo

PS. Im kind of curious as to how it would sound having a side chain controlling the sag of an amp. If you wanna include that in AmpEra. It'd be awesome. DS.
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:57 AM   #450
dom64

Hey Mrelwood!
Bumping to show some appreciation for your work. Hope all is coming along nicely!
Old 09-19-2022, 11:27 PM   #451
mrelwood

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

I have made a few new plugins, and improved on a few of the old ones. Currently working on a multi-band transient enhancer/controller. But ashamingly I have to admit that I have simply been too lazy to get the plugins publicly available. The server situation and the uploading process just makes it all a bit of a chore. I really do need to look into ReaPack...

I was feeling quite good about AmpEra as well, but while referencing to other plugins for heavier sounds, I did realize that I still have to work with it a bit. But we are not too far from the 1.0 launch!
Old 10-17-2022, 07:21 PM   #452
dom64

Looking forward to that very much good sir!
I'm sure if you reach out someone could help you with ReaPack stuff.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:39 AM   #453
jansen

Amp Era sounds fantastic. I'm really excited to try it when you release it. Also, I want to thank you for making these magnificent plugins. I have been using them quite a lot in the reaper mixing competitions over the last two years (especially Sky on the masterbus), with very nice results. You sir have talent!

I check in your website once in a while to see if there is any update, and I'm glad to see you are still working on them. Hopefully we can try them out soon too
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 09:22 AM   #454
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
Amp Era sounds fantastic. I'm really excited to try it when you release it.
Thank you! The version I use myself is already 1.0 Release Candidate 4, so there isn’t much to do anymore. Just small little tweaks.

Quote:
Also, I want to thank you for making these magnificent plugins. I have been using them quite a lot in the reaper mixing competitions over the last two years (especially Sky on the masterbus), with very nice results. You sir have talent!
Thank you so much! I’m really glad to hear that you’ve found them useful! AmpEra, BAMP, EQAll, CompLab, and Sky are in every single project I make as well! I’ll try to update the public plugins sooner than later, as the public versions are really getting quite old.

Quote:
I check in your website once in a while to see if there is any update
I will post in this thread as soon as I update anything in the web page, so it might be easier for you all to just follow this thread.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:11 PM   #455
juan_r

Of course the best would be to ReaPack the whole lot...
Old 01-19-2023, 01:15 PM   #456
Osse

I dont know if my plugins are downloaded or not, they dont seem to download. Should I expect them to download to another location than the normal downloads folder when I download thru chrome? +1 on reapack, would be easier on both ends I think. Thanks!
Osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:06 PM   #457
justcosmic1

Hi,
Thanks so much for implimenting the suggested side chain for the dynamic EQ function and for all the hard work thus far.

I am finding on my system, that the curves are very lo-res/blocky (see attached Jpeg.
I am on Win764bit with a screen resolution of 1600x900.
The stock ReaEQ displays fine as do other similar plugins (DDMF IIEQ Pro for example); but both this and Nitsuj's JS:"ReEQ" seem to have this problem on my system.

Anyway - keep up the good work - and I'll perhaps chime in agin in future with any suggestions that could be helpful.

PS it would be good to know a little about the technical side of the EQ too - such as linear phase/minimum phase etcetera. Or mixed phase! (ala Kirchoff)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQALL_BlockyCurves.JPG (26.7 KB, 58 views)
justcosmic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 05:40 PM   #458
/AND/

Wow, great job, I'll try them out and donate as well! BTW yes, it is best to offer these through the ReaPack manager, keeping everything neat and tidy.
/AND/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:57 AM   #459
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse View Post
I dont know if my plugins are downloaded or not, they dont seem to download. Should I expect them to download to another location than the normal downloads folder when I download thru chrome? +1 on reapack, would be easier on both ends I think. Thanks!
They are just normal Dropbox downloads. Maybe your Chrome or a security software blocks certain download locations?

Yeah, I need to get my plugins ready for ReaPack…

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcosmic1 View Post
I am finding on my system, that the curves are very lo-res/blocky (see attached Jpeg.
I am on Win764bit with a screen resolution of 1600x900.
I think that looks normal for 1600x900 display. The graph is high contrast, and pixel by pixel so it isn’t anti-aliased.

Quote:
PS it would be good to know a little about the technical side of the EQ too - such as linear phase/minimum phase etcetera. Or mixed phase! (ala Kirchoff)
The EQ filters are all taken from “The EQ Cookbook”, and they are just “normal phase” filters. I haven’t looked into the phase preserving filters, since the idea of the EQAll is to have a relatively low CPU utilization. As low as it reasonably can on a JS plugin, that is. The JS plugin code is being generated in real-time, which does cause some CPU penalty.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:06 AM   #460
Wallaby

Default Wow

That's amazing, this EQ has automatig gain reduction !
Awesome !
Wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:19 AM   #461
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
That's amazing, this EQ has automatig gain reduction !
Awesome !
Absolutely! All my plugins do.

It’s strength is adjustable, hold the main volume reading at the top bar to get to the menu. You can even adjust the strength while you’re holding the mouse button, no need to let go.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:08 AM   #462
dahya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse View Post
It didn't work for me either, until I tried the following:
  1. Right Click on the link
  2. Select "Save Link as..."
  3. Select the folder to download to
  4. Chrome will then prompt that "it can't be downloaded securely", and suggests to Discard it - Select KEEP.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:49 AM   #463
dahya

So I've just been trying to use the CompLab plugin, trying to compress using the sidechain, and only want to compress the MID channel. I don't understand how I can do this as I can't see separate controls for M & S?

I have set the plugin to Stereo M/S, but I can't see how I can compress the MID and SIDES separately, or just compress the MID only ?

Also, it seems that the sidechain source is limited to channels 3 and 4 - what if I wanted to sidechain another source on another pair of channels (eg 5/6, or 7/8)?
Old 02-06-2023, 11:50 AM   #464
/AND/

Is there a way to download all plugins as a single archive? Including and excluding those in beta...
/AND/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:24 PM   #465
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahya View Post
I have set the plugin to Stereo M/S, but I can't see how I can compress the MID and SIDES separately, or just compress the MID only ?
There is a pre level for the side channel in M/S mode, if that’s enough for your needs. If not, you need to encode the stereo signal to M/S in a separate plugin (Stereopposition can do that) and then only process the right channel. And then of course decode back to stereo with another plugin.

Quote:
Also, it seems that the sidechain source is limited to channels 3 and 4 - what if I wanted to sidechain another source on another pair of channels (eg 5/6, or 7/8)?
In that case you need my Routter plugin! That allows you to route the track’s channels pretty freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
Is there a way to download all plugins as a single archive?
There is not. I will get them into Reapack at some point, so that will make it all easier.

Quote:
Including and excluding those in beta...
They are all beta… Well, almost all of them.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:37 AM   #466
mrelwood

In case you missed...

AmpEra 1.0 has been published! More info here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2708100
Old 09-02-2023, 04:43 AM   #467
juan_r

Great, mrelwood, I'm checking it out tomorrow or the following day! And sorry about your dropbox accident. I hope you didn't lose any data.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:39 AM   #468
Gibson_GM

Sweet! Thank you, I really enjoy Ampera!
Gibson_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:16 AM   #469
Gibson_GM

I tried it out, sounds fantastic! But on my system, 61% cpu use This is using one instance of Ampera 1 routed to a track with some delay, so as to make 'stereo'.

My machine is a bit lacking in RAM.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:37 AM   #470
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
And sorry about your dropbox accident. I hope you didn't lose any data.
Thanks. Luckily it seems that I didn’t lose anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_GM View Post
I tried it out, sounds fantastic! But on my system, 61% cpu use This is using one instance of Ampera 1 routed to a track with some delay, so as to make 'stereo'.

My machine is a bit lacking in RAM.
Glad you like it! The unfortunate fact is that running an IR in JS does take a huge amount of CPU. But still, 60% doesn’t sound right! It’s 2.4% on my ‘19 MBP with the default settings and a 100 sample buffer at 48KHz. I suggest increasing the REAPER buffer size or lowering the AmpEra quality settings.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:10 AM   #471
Gibson_GM

Ok, thanks! Sometimes when something is new, a person has to wait a while for things to be adjusted or must learn to set it up properly. That's very understandable Your plugins are really top-notch and much enjoyed!

** I messed around with the quality settings, and found a good middle-ground. For me, the CPU use is comparable to neural amp modeler. But Ampera is also including reverb, IR, delay and more, so the trade-off is likely fine. Adding those features via busses probably would raise CPU consumption considerably Ampera is more flexible than many alternatives!

Last edited by Gibson_GM; 09-02-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2023, 04:10 AM   #472
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Of course the best would be to ReaPack the whole lot...
Agreed!
Old 09-03-2023, 08:41 AM   #473
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Agreed!
I actually just discussed this with the ReaPack dev. Turns out that AmpEra isn’t suitable for ReaPack in its current form. I’m not completely sure how much additional work it would require, but it is possible that AmpEra and BAMP aren’t going to make it to ReaPack. I’ll try to get my other plugins in there though.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:16 PM   #474
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_GM View Post
CPU consumption
Forgot to mention, you can disable the speaker IR in AmpEra and use the included IRs in ReaVerb. A little of a hassle, but it will cut down the CPU usage considerably!

Although, something I still have to figure out GUI wise: While the button next to “Speaker” disables the speaker IR, the slider still transforms between an UK and an US style amp. So to get the “correct” sound with the above method, you need to both select the IR in ReaVerb as well as the corresponding amp setting in AmpEra.

I had actually forgotten about that. Standby for AmpEra 1.01! XoD
Old 09-03-2023, 03:05 PM   #475
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Standby for AmpEra 1.01!
You didn't have to wait for too long... AmpEra 1.01 is now live!

The slider is now renamed "Amp", and the IRs can be bypassed in the help menu. If the IRs are bypassed, a warning is visible in the main screen. The warning can be clicked to enable the IRs again.

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins
Old 09-07-2023, 11:42 PM   #476
mrelwood

The website overhaul is now at a point where I have decided to publish the new mrelwood PluginPack v1.00!!!

The pack includes several new plugins, and major updates to most of the old ones. There are no descriptions at all for the plugins just yet though, so you'll have to play it by ear for now. I'll keep updating the web page in the following days.

Happy plugining!

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins
Old 09-08-2023, 08:06 AM   #477
jansen

Awesome! I didn't dare hope these would be released one day. And so many unexpected goodies (even a game, gosh!!). Thank you very much for these, can't wait to try them. My small donation is nowhere near what you deserve for your efforts, but I hope others can thank you as well.

Congratulations for the release!
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:03 AM   #478
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
My small donation is nowhere near what you deserve for your efforts, but I hope others can thank you as well.
Oh, wow!! Thank you so much Jansen! That’s really nice of you. That’s already infinitely more than I’ve gotten in the past year or two… (Not that I’d have published anything though…) But seriously, that was very generous of you.

But that’s not why I do this. It’s the other parts of your post. Thank you so much!

Last edited by mrelwood; 09-08-2023 at 10:13 AM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote