Old 12-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
ed78
Human being with feelings

Default How do I tweak specific theme colors?

Good day,

Thanks for your help. I am trying to tweak some colors in the theme tweak/configuration window.

Please see the attached screenshot for the colors I am trying to change.

I searched but could not figure out what these areas are called in the theme tweak/configuration window. Does anyone know?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper-theme-color2.jpg (56.7 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by ed78; 12-09-2019 at 07:11 AM.
ed78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
nait

Someone like White Ties or someone who does a lot of theme work can probably give you the exact answer. I don't know the exact answer here (unless you wanted to know the top part, where the midi/audio items are placed), but I do have little advice for trying to find these theme elements, yourself.

I generally tackle it one of a couple of ways (both are actions):

Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration Window:
- Take a wild stab at what the name of that section is. Generally, they start with some sort of grouping name. So if I had to guess, the top one is going to be track_something, and the bottom transport_something. Then, I'd suggest you first remember the color that it was before so you can change it back.. then make a drastic change to that color so it stands out so you know you got it right.

Theme development: Show theme element finder:
- You can just cycle through each of the elements slowly and when the element you're changing highlights in pink, you win! It can be a bit time consuming this way, and like the other suggested way, you'll probably start with track_ and transport_ . I had a very quick look just now (I can't really do any better than that, as I have to remote in via mobile to use Reaper right now) and didn't see anything obvious though. I have found that this theme element finder does not include everything. I may be wrong though.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
ed78

Default Thanks

Hey Nait,

Thanks for your helpful reply. Will take that approach
Old 12-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #4
nait

So I stumbled on the name for that portion for where the top arrow is.. if you wanted to change the color of that dark area.. this is known as "Empty arrange view area".
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
oneammonday

Hi there Nait. Yes, "Empty arrange view area" and the other arrow in OPs picture I think might be pointing to the tab section (I can't think of the exact words, but "tab" something). Or, maybe it's pointing to the empty tcp area? Old eyes, screwy brain, lol. Thanks for your help to everyone in the other recent threads here, too. As I was perusing, I would have a question in my head, then I would see someone else already posted, then ,pop there you were. Good luck and cheers.
oneammonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:46 PM   #6
Thonex

Also... this:

https://youtu.be/ZDTi9uDwhf0

Cheers,

Andrew K
Old 12-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
nait

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneammonday View Post
Hi there Nait. Yes, "Empty arrange view area" and the other arrow in OPs picture I think might be pointing to the tab section (I can't think of the exact words, but "tab" something). Or, maybe it's pointing to the empty tcp area? Old eyes, screwy brain, lol. Thanks for your help to everyone in the other recent threads here, too. As I was perusing, I would have a question in my head, then I would see someone else already posted, then ,pop there you were. Good luck and cheers.
Glad to help!

And yeah, that other arrow, I couldn't tell if he was pointing to the transport area (which I am not sure what that element is) or perhaps "Empty track list area" (the area below the track list). There is also "Main window/transport background (which frames that whole TCP area and a bit below, plus around the arrange area).
Edit: ahh there we go, that one is an image.. transport_bg
Old 12-10-2019, 05:52 AM   #8
ed78

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
So I stumbled on the name for that portion for where the top arrow is.. if you wanted to change the color of that dark area.. this is known as "Empty arrange view area".
Hey Nait,

Super. Thanks. Was exactly what I was looking for