Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 12-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

Default is there a script to constantly run "Show selected track in MCP, hide others" ?

i only use MCP as a docked, single track "inspector"
i'd like for it to change on track selection.
is there anything like this out there?
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
nait

I have a screenset for showing ONLY the selectED track in MCP, on the left.

There were a few things to do to get it set up that way (which I assume you did already, by the sounds of it). To get it to jump to the proper track when you select it, I know you can right click on the master mixer (if you have that showing) and there's an option "Scroll view when tracks activated". That makes the MCP jump to the selected track when selected, for me.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.

Last edited by nait; 12-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
mccrabney

but you still have to run your screenset manually, right?
i am looking for something that would trigger an action upon "track activation"
Old 12-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
nait

I'm not at my desktop right now (I'm working via remote on a mobile phone, which is damn near impossible lol), but I'll try and do up a gif of how I have reaper set up. I mentioned screensets only because I have a couple different views I like to have.. one of them is with a single track inspector in the MCP like you appear to be talking about... another is actually with a full mixer. You don't have to toggle the screenset or anything each time you want this to work.. you just have to be in that screenset (in fact, forget I even mentioned screensets, perhaps).

Anyways, all I have to do is click on a track in the TCP, and the single track that is showing in the MCP automatically jumps to the selected track and displays it on the left. Do absolutely nothing else but click on another track.. and now that track shows in the left panel.

In the attached pic, I was selected on some other track... I then clicked Drums - Toms folder, and the left mixer panel jumped to displaying that Drums - Toms track. Isn't that what you're after or did I misunderstand?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reap.jpg (57.8 KB, 67 views)
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
mccrabney

if the MCP-visible track changes to the selected track upon click in TCP and everywhere in arrange (including item, empty space, AI, etc), then yes!
Old 12-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
nait

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
if the MCP-visible track changes to the selected track upon click in TCP and everywhere in arrange (including item, empty space, AI, etc), then yes!
Again, hard for me to test right now (remoting to my desktop PC via a mobile phone in order to use reaper at work), but i tested all three of your scenarios.. and yes. It does exactly that for each of those.

I followed this exact tutorial from our man Kenny, and the key is selecting that option I mentioned in my first reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpWw30N5sHo
Old 12-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
mccrabney

thanks, will try. wow, my first Kenny video.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #8
mccrabney

doesn't seem to work with arrow keys in TCP but otherwise this is great, thanks.
don't mind my gruesome selected TCP background, it's a WIP

Old 12-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #9
nait

I cant test arrow keys right now, but I can definitely tell you child tracks work (in fact, in my screenshot example, that's a child track!). Do you have them disabled in you mcp somehow? I'll test arrow keys later but i would think that should work too.

You can actually scroll around on that one channel mixer window on the left.. if you don't see your child tracks anywhere there when scrolling around, you've disabled them from showing in the MCP in some way.

Last edited by nait; 12-06-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
mccrabney

ha! i edited that part out and hoped i'd gotten there before you saw it, because yes, i had another script hiding children of folders titled "unused"

you've been very helpful, thanks for all the help. i will miss my old trick of making both inst and drum busses visible in MCP, but i think i'll be happier with this setup.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #11
nait

Glad to help. FYI, I was also able to use keys to select through the tracks (in my case, it's ctrl-alt-up/down though) and that does exactly what you want too. So if you're having issues with that still, maybe there's a setting for that as well.

Here's a gif of that to prove functionality (give it a sec, took me a few secs to realize I wasn't actually hitting ctrl lol)

Also, pardon the bright-ass colors.. W.I.P., dealing with these R6 theme changes still. lol