Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
MortalIntolerance
Human being with feelings

Default Time bar flashing red and reaper freezing up during recording

So..I'm very new to Reaper, I've been using it less than a week but have so far had almost no problems until yesterday. I recorded 3 guitar scratch tracks and 1 bass track then added 7 tracks for the drums. Once I started tracking drums the time bar started flashing red and the program started glitching out and freezing up. I set up a new project, recorded 2 guitar tracks and then the drums and had no problems..went back to the other project and it was still messing up. I first noticed an issue when i started tracking bass direct and there was latency. I closed and reopened reaper and then it worked fine and i had no issues again until i started recording drums. Almost every time it does this there is latency after it starts messing up, but if i close and reopen reaper the latency goes away. I checked the performance meter and it hovers around only 3% usage and doesn't go above 8% while recording. I have a dell laptop with an i7 dual core processor and 16gb ram. Also I'm using a Tascam US-16x08 interface. Please help. This sucks.

Last edited by MortalIntolerance; 06-01-2020 at 06:02 PM.
MortalIntolerance is offline   Reply With Quote