Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 05-27-2020, 02:52 AM   #1
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Default Metadata credits for Mixers and Mastering House

First of all let me thank you all devs and the community of Reaper for all recent updates, it has been a hard task for everyone to take reaper into good direction.
That being said i would like to present the developers with something i think is missing , not only in Reaper , but in most of the DAWs . Let me fist explain.

Remember the booklet that had all information on the mixer engineer and the mastering engineer on CDs and how easy was for everyone to get to know names of the people behind the construction of an album?
This information got a bit lost during the revolution of streaming platforms. Some do have like TIDAL but most dont. Reasons for that can vary from who introduces that data and how that data is managed on the streaming platforms side. All good and we have to grow things and live step by step..

My post is to appeal Cockos to take a step in this direction, making available proper metadata fields for the Producer, Mixer and mastering engineer.
I believe if this starts from here , a simple forum group of people that are aware of this maybe it becomes something bigger in a few months and who knows things get sorted .

I think i extended way more than i was looking for and i am sorry for my English.
Hope everyone can understand and if not let me know i´ll do my best to try and correct things.

All the best, stay safe.

Last edited by pepe44; 05-27-2020 at 06:04 PM.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
planetnine

Are we talking mp3 tags here, or other formats..?

>
Old 05-27-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
Are we talking mp3 tags here, or other formats..?

>
Hi, no MP3. Wave and DDP output formats mainly
Old 05-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #4
Ideosound

The latest release now has metadata options in the render window but I'm not sure if there are metadata fields for the Producer, Mixer and mastering engineer.
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
The latest release now has metadata options in the render window but I'm not sure if there are metadata fields for the Producer, Mixer and mastering engineer.
Exactly. Since developers of Reaper are dealing with metadata i thought it would be a great nice for the proposal.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
daxliniere

Subscribe.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #7
schwa
Administrator

Metadata is defined as a set of public, open formats, like ID3, BWF, etc. Whatever fields exist in those formats are what exists. For some formats, we could add our own made-up fields, but there's no other software that would know to look for the new fields.

You can add anything you want in the "comment" field of some metadata formats, and some schemes have a flexible field like TXXX for ID3 where you can enter something like "producer=schwa". We could also add flexible fields for the IXML format, but the chances of any other software actually displaying that information is very low.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #8
WyattRice

Hi.
Would it be possible for you guys to revisit this thread regarding DDP wildcards?
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....81#post2247981
Thanks,
Wyatt
Old 06-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #9
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Metadata is defined as a set of public, open formats, like ID3, BWF, etc. Whatever fields exist in those formats are what exists. For some formats, we could add our own made-up fields, but there's no other software that would know to look for the new fields.

You can add anything you want in the "comment" field of some metadata formats, and some schemes have a flexible field like TXXX for ID3 where you can enter something like "producer=schwa". We could also add flexible fields for the IXML format, but the chances of any other software actually displaying that information is very low.
Thanks for explantion Schwa. Yes indeed. The all world need to adopt those fields has a form of recognition for those behrind tha hard task of making a record.