Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 12-02-2023, 04:36 PM   #1361
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
Hi saike,
Being catching up with all your new amazing tools.
I made this track for kvr's One synth Challenge #177.
https://on.soundcloud.com/KGb7h
This one would need some more polish, still I was amazed how deep I could go with reflectosaurus, filther, fm filter2 and lavaVerb
A big thank you !
Cool!
I like the percussive elements you have in there. Some interesting pitching/freq shifting(?) going on. Especially in the first half they remind me a little bit of Bola.

The horn-like sound that comes in after 2:11 sounds quite eerie. What was that made with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrasia View Post
Yes , it would be awesome, multiplier or even divider to create interesting change of pace inside the same sequence!

Best,
Cool. In MIDI arp 0.38 (just released), if you click the "3/4" icon next to the speed setting, you can now program a per column duration. You do this by drawing blocks and then setting the actual speed by using the scroll-wheel. Unfortunately, since this necessarily makes things go out of sync with the host, these speed changes are only enabled in free and MIDI mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapio View Post
My god, Filther is so incredible. Not only a distortion box as I thought first, but a monster filter authority. Why would we need anything else?

Saike, I think it is not possible to increase UI right now? Could you allow scaling its UI?
It's tricky. It's an old effect before I was really considering how to make nicely scalable things. It should scale roughly to your UI size though (as in, it should be high DPI aware)? Is it too small or too big? You can bump the size slightly by double-clicking the fan on the top left.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:30 AM   #1362
chuckwood

I can't thank you enough for your plugins, they are really incredible and inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
It's tricky. It's an old effect before I was really considering how to make nicely scalable things. It should scale roughly to your UI size though (as in, it should be high DPI aware)? Is it too small or too big? You can bump the size slightly by double-clicking the fan on the top left.
Have you considered making a Filther 2.0 with all your subsequent learnings? I really love all the filter and distortion options it has but I can definitely see the huge leap in your UI coding skills since then. (Please take that as only a very polite request from a very grateful user of your plugins.)
chuckwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:19 AM   #1363
andrasia

Whao, Awesome thank you very much Saike!
I played it this morning and it's working like a charm!
andrasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:50 PM   #1364
Regisfofo

[QUOTE]
Cool!
I like the percussive elements you have in there. Some interesting pitching/freq shifting(?) going on. Especially in the first half they remind me a little bit of Bola.
[QUOTE/]

Thanks! Did not knew about Bola will listen to him!
Yes those drums are really simple vsco patterns into 3 fx sends, reflectosauris (with pitch shifting) and seqs with pitch shifting and freq shifting
Quote:
The horn-like sound that comes in after 2:11 sounds quite eerie. What was that made with?
Synfull orchestra vst with filther's VOWEL vowel , some cocoa delay and duskverb too.
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 05:54 AM   #1365
Tapio

Quote:
You can bump the size slightly by double-clicking the fan on the top left.
Too small - Ah that helped. Btw., the fan is close to invisible. Dark on dark.
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 02:10 PM   #1366
TonE

Just a side thought, had a few days ago.
Would it be possible for DD-101 for the kick mainly, behaving as if you would play a sample from a sampler. The higher notes you play, the different gets it pitch. Or do we have a 'melodic mode' for the kick already.
I was thinking mainly of hard-/jumpstyle kicks, how cool it would be if would could use DD-101 for them as well. I love such kicks.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 04:07 PM   #1367
sai'ke

Now when you drag a short wave (fewer than 2048 samples, such as the ones that ship with this wonderful little synth for example) into Yutani, you get the option to interpolate them if you drag a second short wave onto the same oscillator.

After that you can link up the interpolation control to midi velocity (by clicking VEL), mod wheel (MOD) or to the Free LFO on the bottom left of the synth (LINK).
Old 12-15-2023, 04:57 AM   #1368
Tapio

The reajs-compatibility files, do I really need them? I uninstalled, but with every sync they come back again.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:48 AM   #1369
Concrete

I delete them manually every time there is a update. Never had a issue. reajs-compatibility files are for other DAWs.
All your questions are answered here on Saike's GitHub.
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX
You can just install/uninstall what you want by the way.
Best.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:49 AM   #1370
sai'ke

Quote:
The reajs-compatibility files, do I really need them? I uninstalled, but with every sync they come back again.
Nope. They are purely for people who want to run these in ReaJS.

It's a good point. I guess they do pollute the JSFX list. I will move them to their own repo sometime soon. With ysfx being available and JS possibly being open sourced at some point, there's less of a use for them now too.

Edit: Haha, you were faster than me Concrete . But yes, you are totally right.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:02 AM   #1371
tilr

Quote:
Now when you drag a short wave (fewer than 2048 samples, such as the ones that ship with this wonderful little synth for example) into Yutani, you get the option to interpolate them if you drag a second short wave onto the same oscillator.

After that you can link up the interpolation control to midi velocity (by clicking VEL), mod wheel (MOD) or to the Free LFO on the bottom left of the synth (LINK).
Very cool, have to check how you did file dragdrop and interpolation. Cheers.
tilr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #1372
permeke

wonderful synth
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:01 PM   #1373
sai'ke

I had no idea the reajs compatibility variants were annoying. I have moved them to their own repo. They rarely got updated as it is anyhow.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:37 PM   #1374
Ears

Some of your plugins don't have your author tag (maybe it's just my install or intentional?) squashman, satan verb, bric-a-brac, pop rocks, ripple, filther.. I've been meaning to go through and see what's missing, then make a post, but I always forget.
Ears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 03:02 PM   #1375
Tapio

Thx for removing the compat files. Your github.com front page is incredible, so much work you put into.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:21 PM   #1376
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
Some of your plugins don't have your author tag (maybe it's just my install or intentional?) squashman, satan verb, bric-a-brac, pop rocks, ripple, filther.. I've been meaning to go through and see what's missing, then make a post, but I always forget.
Added!

Also improved the scaling behavior for Filther / Mod-izer / Satan Verb and Bric-a-Brac for high DPI screens while I was at it.

Hopefully that made things a little less painful.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:11 PM   #1377
PitchSlap

Quote:
Added!
Also improved the scaling behavior for Filther / Mod-izer / Satan Verb and Bric-a-Brac for high DPI screens while I was at it.
Hopefully that made things a little less painful.
Just installed Filther, Bric-a-Brac and a couple others I'd overlooked.
Improved scaling is nice too, I was actually in the middle of writing a FR for Cockos to a native HDPI scaling mode for JSFX as it's a common problem better solved on the DAW level than every individual plugin if possible.

I also really appreciate that you fill out the about: section in your scripts (only missing for a few.) So many are missing this which makes it difficult to know what they do on ReaPack.

Btw, I mentioned this to tilr yesterday and noticed your Stereo Bub plugins are already pretty similar so H910 style micro pitch-shifting might be an idea for Stereo Bub IV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
As for unison, I can see how that could be particularly CPU intensive. For a similar effect you could try something like the classic dual harmonizer trick. The H910 has been around nearly 50 years and I probably use it more than anything else since it's amazing for adding life to so many sounds.

The basic idea would be 2 copies of the signal slightly delayed for a Haas effect (22.5ms), one randomly oscillating +1 cent, the other -1 cent, hard-panned, and mixed in with the original like below:

Sean Costello from Valhalla:
Quote:
the H910 would be what I would label a 2-tap pitch shifter, in that there were 2 pitch shifted signals, with crossfading between the 2 signals. The H910 appears to use a fairly simple triangle wave crossfading, which means that the 2 different delayed signals will be present to a greater or lesser extent in the output at virtually all times.
Old 12-16-2023, 04:18 AM   #1378
Concrete

@ Ears - I never had the author tag issue, but if happens again - right click on or near the search bar of the FX browser - tick, Show in FX list and then tick either- Show, JSFX filenames or JSFX descriptions. This should show the author tag plus more info if you want it. My FX list looks like the below attachment. (a bit messy with the .jsfx, but you can delete that)

(Also improved the scaling behavior for Filther / Mod-izer / Satan Verb and Bric-a-Brac for high DPI screens while I was at it).

Thanks so much for this!!. Still use Satan Verb a lot. And Filther is way more user friendly on Linux now. The L key still works for larger text to . Awesome work!
Best.
Attached Images
File Type: png FX-Names.png (88.2 KB, 49 views)
Old 12-17-2023, 01:00 PM   #1379
Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
@ Ears - I never had the author tag issue, but if happens again - right click on or near the search bar of the FX browser - tick, Show in FX list and then tick either- Show, JSFX filenames or JSFX descriptions. This should show the author tag plus more info if you want it. My FX list looks like the below attachment. (a bit messy with the .jsfx, but you can delete that)
I wasn't aware of these settings, just altered them, thanks!

Thanks for tagging them anyway sai'ke.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:01 PM   #1380
Ears

Is it possible to pan samples in bric-a-brac?
Old 12-17-2023, 02:09 PM   #1381
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
Is it possible to pan samples in bric-a-brac?
It is now. Update to 0.40.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:34 PM   #1382
TonE

Idea to result, in forum-posting-seconds.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:39 PM   #1383
Ears

Amazing. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:41 AM   #1384
Tapio

Quote:
It is now. Update to 0.40.
Lovely tool, what do you think about adding probability to the trigger system?
Old 12-18-2023, 05:12 PM   #1385
sai'ke

Quote:
Yeah, sounds like a cool idea. Started work on it, but ran into a little bump when I discovered that triggered mode wasn't taking the HP and LP into account correctly. That is fixed now, but probabilities will have to wait till tomorrow.

I also think a MIDI based mode might be nice.
Old 12-19-2023, 04:24 PM   #1386
sai'ke

Quote:
Probability is in. Only visible in trigger mode.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:18 AM   #1387
Tapio

Quote:
Probability is in. Only visible in trigger mode.
Thank you, but it seems broken. If on 100%, it always fires. Now I lower the percentage. At some point the audio goes just silent, that Reaper safety measure when output is too loud.

I've set the volume lower overall and what it does is this: On "not triggering" it still plays the sample, but in a super high volume killer mode.
Old 12-20-2023, 05:24 AM   #1388
sai'ke

Quote:
Thank you, but it seems broken. If on 100%, it always fires. Now I lower the percentage. At some point the audio goes just silent, that Reaper safety measure when output is too loud.

I've set the volume lower overall and what it does is this: On "not triggering" it still plays the sample, but in a super high volume killer mode.
Sorry about that. With my sleepy head I made a rookie mistake. Just pushed a hotfix that should fix it.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:33 AM   #1389
Tapio

Quote:
Sorry about that. With my sleepy head I made a rookie mistake. Just pushed a hotfix that should fix it.
Great, works as expected AFAICS.
Old 12-23-2023, 05:13 AM   #1390
Tapio

Final Boss, haha, nice UI :-) I think the popup hints appear a bit late.

For some reason new plugins require a Reaper restart after Reapack Sync Packages, otherwise they aren't shown, anyone else?
Old 12-23-2023, 06:54 AM   #1391
sai'ke

Quote:
Final Boss, haha, nice UI :-) I think the popup hints appear a bit late.
I used to make them shorter, but got frequent complaints that they appeared too quickly and ended up being distracting. Hence the longer time.

Quote:
For some reason new plugins require a Reaper restart after Reapack Sync Packages, otherwise they aren't shown, anyone else?
That's expected behavior afaik. You can also force a refresh with F5 on the effect list on Windows.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:10 AM   #1392
sai'ke

As Tapio already noticed, yesterday I dropped a small Christmas gift in the form of a distortion multi-effect box

Final boss
A small distortion effect unit for grungy distortion effects.

Features:
- Allpass stack with feedback.
- Upwards compression.
- Octaver.
- Pitch shifting chorus.
- Cabinet filters.
- Frequency shifter based spectral movement.
- A big skull looking mad at you.

It's meant to liven or grunge up synth sounds and pairs well with Yutani (or some other soft synth). Enjoy

If you want to know what it sounds like, you can check out this track: https://soundcloud.com/saike/final-b...social_sharing

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to finish the track in time, but it still gives an idea. All bass/synth sounds were done using just Yutani and final boss which you can both find in the repo.

Last edited by sai'ke; 12-23-2023 at 07:48 AM.
sai'ke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 08:20 AM   #1393
purske

Badass sounding (and looking!) plugin and badass demo track! What a nice christmas present, thank you very much!
purske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 10:02 AM   #1394
juan_r

Saike strikes again for Christmas, aha!

Skull scary, distortion scarier!

One question: the two XY diagrams at the bottom have no tooltip. What are they doing?
Old 12-23-2023, 10:15 AM   #1395
PitchSlap

Been playing with the verbs and really liking them!

I nearly always use reverbs as inserts, and as different settings can make a big difference to the overall gain (filters etc.) it would be nice to have an output control to compensate and keep level consistent.
Old 12-23-2023, 10:34 AM   #1396
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by purske View Post
Badass sounding (and looking!) plugin and badass demo track! What a nice christmas present, thank you very much!
Thank you. Hope you have fun with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Saike strikes again for Christmas, aha!

Skull scary, distortion scarier!

One question: the two XY diagrams at the bottom have no tooltip. What are they doing?
Good question. For the left one it depends on the mode. Usually X detunes our roughens, while Y controls the gain or mix of that effect. For the right one, X is feedback and Y is saturation (which tames heavy feedback but also distorts the signal). I have added tooltips to the XY pads as well now (v0.03).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Been playing with the verbs and really liking them!

I nearly always use reverbs as inserts, and as different settings can make a big difference to the overall gain (filters etc.) it would be nice to have an output control to compensate and keep level consistent.
An automatic gain control can be pretty tricky for a reverb. A manual gain to tweak is pretty easy though. Which ones are you using?
Old 12-23-2023, 12:10 PM   #1397
Vagelis

Final boss is really nice on drums and sounds AMAZING, great work thx!

Edit: And happy holidays

Last edited by Vagelis; 12-23-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 01:01 PM   #1398
Ears

Final boss is fat and evil. >:]

Looks and sounds amazing.

Awesome/10.

Demo is awesome too!

Thanks!!
Old 12-23-2023, 09:53 PM   #1399
Concrete

Took me a minute to realize those evil eyes were following my mouse movements - thought I was imagining it Haha. Sounds are great!. Will try it on many sound sources. Thanks Saike.
Best.
Old 12-24-2023, 11:27 AM   #1400
TonE

Thanks dear saike for sharing the Final Boss. Have a nice holidays times to all friends.