Old 07-22-2022, 11:58 AM   #1
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

Default v6.64+dev0722 - July 22 2022

v6.64+dev0722 - July 22 2022
* Includes feature branch: track media/razor edit grouping
* Includes feature branch: pan law/function improvements
* Includes feature branch: improve experimental silent-track CPU reduction option to include FX tail length
* Includes feature branch: media item fixed lanes
* Includes feature branch: internal pin management overhaul for future extension
+ Render matrix: simplify context menu
+ Render matrix: support forcing tracks/regions to render as multichannel
# Region render matrix: fix crash on random right-click outside of matrix
# Render matrix: change .RPP encoding of new render matrix force-channel setting; projects using the setting that were saved in +dev0721 may change the setting on load

Full changelog / Latest pre-releases

Last edited by Edgemeal; 07-22-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:22 AM   #2
airon
Human being with feelings

Interesting context menu. Running through my scenarios with it produces some simple and some complex workflows. This takes some getting used to.

Setting up mono,stereo or multichannel points on the render matrix for columns (Render force X/This region) or rows (Render force X/This track) is a big help. As we don't select points for modification, this is much more helpful than not having these functions. Set up the entire rown/column and click+drag to erase the ones you don't need.

I'd say it's a workaround for now unless you need to have an entire row/column of points on the render matrix.

There are lots of obscure modifier shortcuts one could suggest, but that would just complicate matters. One I'd find interesting is cycling through point configs with the mousewheel, but again that only applies to one point. Adding a modifier to apply to an entire row/column might overcomplicate things.

A step in the right direction IMHO. It took me a minute to find out all I could do with it. I'm guessing selecting points for modification is currently over the horizon.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote