Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
jnoseworthy
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Pianoteq 5

Hello Folks:

As a Blind Reaper user, I am unable to access the Pianoteq V5 instruments via the keyboard in Reaper. I am able to access the presets of the D4 piano and the parameters; however, I cannot access the K2 piano or the other demo instruments via the keyboard.

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it all over the place.

Thanks gang.
jnoseworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
EvilDragon

In the FX chain window, go to FX->Send all keyboard input to plug-in, and try to use Pianoteq's keyboard shortcuts then.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
jnoseworthy

Hi:

I still don't appear to be able to choose instruments; only the presets of the D4 Piano. Thanks all over the place for your help though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
In the FX chain window, go to FX->Send all keyboard input to plug-in, and try to use Pianoteq's keyboard shortcuts then.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
EvilDragon

You should be able to go through all the presets ('N' key is for next preset and 'P' key is for previous preset by default)... Unless you have just the D4 folder selected in Pianoteq's Preset Manager. You need to have "All instruments" selected in there.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
jnoseworthy

Hello Again:

Where does one find the preset manager. The problem is that the Stand-alone app is totally inaccessible to Blind/Visually impaired folks.

In Reaper, should I have the Default VST to generic UI (instead of plug-in UI) check box not checked or checked. Would it make a difference?

Again, thanks all over the place.

Quote:
You should be able to go through all the presets ('N' key is for next preset and 'P' key is for previous preset by default)... Unless you have just the D4 folder selected in Pianoteq's Preset Manager. You need to have "All instruments" selected in there.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
EvilDragon

Generic UI wouldn't make any difference...

I would suggest if at all possible get a bit of help from a person who can see.

Default keyboard shortcut for Preset Manager is the "L" key, but from there on, you need to be able to see where to click to select the "All Instruments" folder, and to select the "Instrument" column in the list so that all presets are sorted by various piano models.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
jnoseworthy

Hi EvilDragon:

I really appreciate your taking the time to help.

By the way, I don't suppose you've had any experience with Reaper and Lounge Lizard EP4 would you? I've got the same problem there as well.

Again, thanks all over the place.

Quote:
Generic UI wouldn't make any difference...

I would suggest if at all possible get a bit of help from a person who can see.

Default keyboard shortcut for Preset Manager is the "L" key, but from there on, you need to be able to see where to click to select the "All Instruments" folder, and to select the "Instrument" column in the list so that all presets are sorted by various piano models.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
EvilDragon

I don't have LL, as I use electric piano models from Pianoteq 5, and GSi Mr. Ray.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:59 AM   #9
jnoseworthy

Hi:

Ok: Again, thanks all over the place.

Quote:
I don't have LL, as I use electric piano models from Pianoteq 5, and GSi Mr. Ray.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #10
jnoseworthy

Default Pianoteq 5 and Reaper problems continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoseworthy View Post
Hello Folks:

As a Blind Reaper user, I am unable to access the Pianoteq V5 instruments via the keyboard in Reaper. I am able to access the presets of the D4 piano and the parameters; however, I cannot access the K2 piano or the other demo instruments via the keyboard.

Thanks gang.
Hello Again Folks:

I am still not able, using the keyboard, to access any other instrument in Pianoteq 5 except the D4 piano. In that piano, I am, however, able to access all34 presets.

I am looking for a way to setup reaper with Pianoteq 5 so that I can access all of the instruments with just a computer keyboard.

I do have a keyboard controller so, if there was a way to choose instruments via a MIDI command from the controller, that might work. As it is, I am still only able to go as far as program 34 which keeps me in the D4 piano.

I am really struggling with this thing; if anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it all over the place. The Pianoteq support folks will not address the Reaper issue.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #11
jnoseworthy

Default Pianoteq 5 access problems continued.

Hi Again folks:

I am still struggling with gaining access to all of the presets in Pianoteq 5 via Reaper. I realize that one can access the Pianoteq graphical interface and gain access to the other instruments and their presets; however, for a Blind computer operator using screen reading software, this is not an option. What I require is a way to access the information through Reaper's native command structure. I've contacted Moderatt several times about this issue and, below is their latest response:

"Hi Jim,

The hosts only pick the first X number of presets. That is why only the
D4 grand piano is being available in their list. The host developers
should try to increase the X number so that you can pick all presets for
all instruments.

Regards,
Niclas Fogwall
Sales & support
Pianoteq"

I guess my question is, how does one increase the number of presets that can be access via Reaper natively.

Any help would be much appreciated all over the place.

Thanks.

Quote:
Hello Folks:

Thanks gang.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #12
EvilDragon

Quote:
I guess my question is, how does one increase the number of presets that can be access via Reaper natively.
There is no way to do that as far as I know.

However, to my knowledge, there are two methods of reporting presets from the plugin to the host. The first one is reporting only the current state of the plugin (so, one preset only), the second method is reporting all of the presets that the plugin has, which then allows the host to swap between them via MIDI Program Changes etc. For example, the free Synth1 plugin has implemented both of these behaviours so the user can choose which one he wants to use. I have over 9000 presets for Synth1, and they are all properly reported to Reaper, and Reaper shows them in its native dropdown menu all correctly.

So, this is up to Modartt to fix, I would say.

By the way, what I see here is that Reaper shows only the currently selected Pianoteq preset, and a list of 31 more preset from various other models (depending on which Pianoteq add-ons you have installed... I have all of them, so it gives me randomly some presets from C3, Pleyel, Erard, Bechstein, CP-80, etc.). I think this is some wonky behaviour Modartt should definitely fix.

Last edited by EvilDragon; 06-29-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #13
jnoseworthy

Default :

EvilDragon:

I was afraid of that. I think the same thing is true in Sonar as well. Not good.

Thanks much.

Quote:
There is no way to do that as far as I know.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 AM   #14
EvilDragon

Please reread my previous post, I edited it with additional info.