Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
sws
Code Monkey

Default ReaConsole

Apr 22 08 UPDATE: v.3.

Now that the new wonderful REAPER SDK is available, I had to try it out. One thing that has always bugged me about DAWs in general is the reliance on the mouse, so I wrote a plugin that lets you perform common track operations with the keyboard. Now when I'm listening to a 50+ track mix and I think, "hmm, guitar 3 should go down by a bit", I don't have to hunt for the track fader.

It's not too easy to explain, so here's a quick example - Press 'c', box opens, enter a command, say "v*gtr* -1", which turns the volume of all tracks with "gtr" in the title down by 1db. Or, "msnare,6" to toggle mute on the track labeled snare and track #6.

The full instructions and download information are at http://www.standingwaterstudios.com/reaper. The examples section is probably most helpful in getting you up and running.

Consider this thread the "official" place for ReaConsole bug reports/feature requests. It's still in it's infancy; you probably won't want to try it out for the first time on some really important project.

Enjoy!
-Tim

Last edited by sws; 04-23-2008 at 11:54 AM.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote