Old 01-09-2022, 08:23 AM   #1
vitalker
Human being with feelings

Default v6.45 - January 9 2022

v6.45 - January 9 2022
  • + Media items: use very fast peaks normalization if possible rather than reading source media (6.44 regression)
  • + Normalize: do not crash if normalization loudness analysis is canceled by user
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode

Last edited by Dstruct; 01-09-2022 at 10:41 AM.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:57 AM   #2
bFooz

Quote:
+ Normalize
Could there be a different value for each normalizing method and a separate action for each method? And even maybe some actions with hardcoded values similar to the current 0dB peak, e.g. to -23LUFS and other frequently used values*methods. (Btw the actions are to "+0dB peak". I was tought that the zero is not positive nor negative.)

I still use the SWS Normalize to -23LUFS because the action works the same all the time. I do not remember if a week ago my last settings were peaks to 0dB or LUFS to -23dB or possibly other method. And I do not want to open the window just to check it, I'd like to have a one click solution.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:39 AM   #3
bFooz

And actually the difference between using the dialog and using the general "last settings" action is just one click in the best case.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:58 AM   #4
buter

I have a bug since 6.44

When I open the FX window on the retina monitor (I work on macbook pro 2019) the dry/wet knob becomes larger than it should be. If I open FX window on the second monitor (full hd) then everything is displayed in the usual size.

I use not a default theme but everything was fine until v6.44. Theme I use called Paulie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 16.51.40.jpg (59.4 KB, 84 views)
buter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buter View Post
I have a bug since 6.44

When I open the FX window on the retina monitor (I work on macbook pro 2019) the dry/wet knob becomes larger than it should be. If I open FX window on the second monitor (full hd) then everything is displayed in the usual size.

I use not a default theme but everything was fine until v6.44. Theme I use called Paulie.
Is this still the case in 6.45?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:48 AM   #6
buter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Is this still the case in 6.45?
Yes, I'm installed this update yesterday, but the bug is still here.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:03 AM   #7
schwa
Administrator

Does the theme define both gen_knob_bg_large and gen_knob_bg_small? Or can you link to the theme?
Old 01-11-2022, 09:59 AM   #8
buter

Quote:
Does the theme define both gen_knob_bg_large and gen_knob_bg_small? Or can you link to the theme?
I'm not sure (about your first question), but I think no, because on second monitor knob looks fine. On retina display it feels like it zoomed, looks very pixelated. I don't think this is a separate icon for a large knob. Here is link to the theme https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1726/P...ip%20%28MAC%29

Also, if I open FX window on second display and drag it to main (retina) the size of the knob does not change, and the same vice versa (dragging from main to second display). The size depends only on which screen the FX window opened on.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #9
schwa
Administrator

The theme only defines gen_knob_bg_small, not large. I think prior to 6.44 there was REAPER bug preventing the theme knob image from being used at all in this context. For a quick fix you can unzip the theme (on windows, right click, open with , unzip or 7-zip or whatever), remove the gen_knob_bg_small image, then re-zip.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:45 AM   #10
buter

Quote:
The theme only defines gen_knob_bg_small, not large. I think prior to 6.44 there was REAPER bug preventing the theme knob image from being used at all in this context. For a quick fix you can unzip the theme (on windows, right click, open with , unzip or 7-zip or whatever), remove the gen_knob_bg_small image, then re-zip.
It helped, thanks

UPD

hmmm, I noticed that in some sense this bug has been preserved, but now it acts a little differently. When opened on a full HD display and dragged to the retina, the knob looks like this (01.jpg) but when I open on the retina, it looks like this (02.jpg). It seems to me that this is some kind of scaling problem. In addition, this happens on the default theme as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (31.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (28.7 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by buter; 01-11-2022 at 10:56 AM.