Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Restoring old Retrospect v4 tapes

If anyone has figured out how to restore old Retrospect DDS tapes using a recent Mac, can you share how you managed it? I'm able to restore what I have, but:

Retrospect4 can't be read by any version more recent, so can use that version, on the old Mac that created the archives running System7. (Not at my place to check but I believe it's a G3, not even a G4 : ) ) So I can't use a newer version of the software, in order to use a better Mac because it won't deal with the older archives, and I can't use the old version on anything newer because it won't run. As it is it's increddddiiiibbllly slow, restoring for sure but even copying the session off SCSI is ridiculous. We must have taken lots of breaks back then : ) (A G4 running Rosetta I don't think will be much faster, though copying off the drive would be somewhat.)

I would love to be able to restore directly onto a DVD but that doesn't seem possible, so I'd settle for restoring the tapes and rearchiving them.

Anyone had any success restoring old Retrospect tapes on a new system? Or did you just succumb to the old restore hardware?

Thanks!!