Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
EManBass
Human being with feelings

Default SOLVED - Downloaded the Reaper update. Now plugins won't load.

I must add, too, that for a couple of days, the Reaper installer for the latest update would just not work. Until last night, so I installed and went to bed all happy. Now I'm trying to open one of the sessions I was working on, and like 5 or 6 of those plugins won't load. That happens, also, in new sessions, the same plugins always. I did this https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=164534 and I got back some, but not all. I changed the directories for those plugins (and of course added that to the vst search path), I did re-scan, clear cache, etc etc etc. All that did was to remove most plugins from my custom plugin folders in the plugin search window, which I'm not happy about.
But those very plugins still won't load. Most, if not all, are .dll files, so I don't understand why they won't be recognized by Reaper. Though others had trouble, too, like Amplitube 4 which I had to reinstall. Any thoughts?

Using a Windows 10 version 1709 on an Intel NUC with i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 32 GB of RAM. 64-bit everything.

Last edited by EManBass; 07-02-2018 at 08:25 PM. Reason: SOLVED
EManBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
Xenakios

Some plugins won't tolerate being moved from their original installation directories. That wouldn't be a Reaper issue as such but merely bad programming in the plugins themselves.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
EManBass

Right. I can see that, but this happened without me don't anything. The only change was to install the latest Reaper update. I started messing around with directories because Reaper wouldn't recognize the plugins =/
Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #4
EManBass

Default SOLVED

It was the bridging thing. Reaper is the only program that, when I'm installing it, I just go with the recommended settings. This time, I noticed associating older Reaper projects wasn't checked. And, apparently, so was the bridging 32-bit plugins option. Still doesn't explain why I had to reinstall Amplitube 4 and why other 64-bit plugins disappeared, but it seems like after the first thing I did (on the initial post) and this (reinstalling Reaper, checking the box for automatic bridging) I got all my plugins back! =)

On a side note: I didn't know some of my go-to plugins were 32-bit! EpicVerb is awesome, BootyQ as well...