Old 03-30-2018, 01:22 AM   #1
AndreiT
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper 5.78 performance issue (SOLVED)

Hi,

With the latest official release of Reaper 5.78, I have a weird issue.
My drums are sequenced through MIDI (Kick, Clap, HH etc) with Readrums from the Reaper stash.
When I start playing the track and I open the drums MIDI editor while is still playing, the performance of Reaper lowers drastically with audio glitching, stuttering etc. If I close the MIDI editor, everything is ok.

If I do with other MIDI instruments, the performance cut is not that bad but is noticeable.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
AndreiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
sonicowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiT View Post
Hi,

With the latest official release of Reaper 5.78, I have a weird issue.
My drums are sequenced through MIDI (Kick, Clap, HH etc) with Readrums from the Reaper stash.
When I start playing the track and I open the drums MIDI editor while is still playing, the performance of Reaper lowers drastically with audio glitching, stuttering etc. If I close the MIDI editor, everything is ok.

If I do with other MIDI instruments, the performance cut is not that bad but is noticeable.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
I think this is because when you open midi editor, track switches to real-time mode. If you have cpu heavy plugins on it, or track is in folder with heavy plugins, then audio glitches.

There is option (Preferences/Audio/Buffering) to allow Anticipative FX procession on tracks with open editor - but this increases latency. It is users choice to have low latency/high cpu, or low cpu/high latency.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #3
AndreiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
There is option (Preferences/Audio/Buffering) to allow Anticipative FX procession on tracks with open editor - but this increases latency. It is users choice to have low latency/high cpu, or low cpu/high latency.
Thank you @sonicowl! Problem fixed!
AndreiT is offline   Reply With Quote