Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2017, 02:50 AM   #1
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings

Default Some help needed with rtconfig and reload images

I started a theme from scratch to follow White Tie's walter themer's guide. I unzipped DefaultV4 and copied the entire text in appendix3 in the rtconfig file. The first time I tried to put semi-colon in front of the tcp lines it worked. Everything dispappeared I had a blank TCP to start from scratch.

Now for some reason it won't work anymore. My guess is something is pointing to another rtconfig file probably the default one in user/data I can't figure out how it came to this.

I attached the rtconfig down below.

Other question. When I first installed Solaris_LCS_Blue it came with a folder and Reapertheme file separately instead of one Reaperthemezip file that I dragged in the appdata/Reaper/Roaming/Colortheme folder. I found that to be very practicle to tweak the theme as I did'nt have to zip/unzip everytime I did a change in images or rtconfig and reimport in colortheme.

So I did just this with the new theme to try to learn Walter and make some tests. So when I change something I save it in the colortheme folder and I hit the reload images button in Theme developement/tweaker window. It worked great for a while.
Image ressource path is set to the appropriate folder it gave some trouble at first as it was pointing out to the default4 theme and not my modversion but I found out and now image ressource path point to the v4mod and everything was working fine for a while .

Until it just stopped working completely. I was able to change MasterMCP for a while but not TCP or MCP. And then nothing. All I did was put a semi-colon ; in front of the lines. I started to have fun and got stucked at p.6 of the Walter guide.

If I change the rtconfig in Solaris_LCS_Blue it works. But not in my mod anymore.

Is this how you guys do it when you want to check your changes how is there another way?
And could have I broke something by working like this that makes the rtconfig file non responsive anymore?
Attached Files
File Type: txt rtconfig.txt (11.5 KB, 259 views)
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote