Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 02-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #281
Opcode 7
Human being with feelings

An update where one can create subfolder groups with this theme would be nice. Would donate
Opcode 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #282
Jeronimo

I'm also up for Donating once it's done!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #283
Coachz

The truth is you can be orphaned again and again and again. The truth is, you will be. And the secret is, this will hurt less and less each time until you can't feel a thing
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #284
estsunrecords

Sorry for the question (here totally newbie in reaper)
I try to make a white arragment on imperial theme and have strange regions colored
Any help ?

(solved, error from me putting bad files in theme )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (52.4 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by estsunrecords; 03-04-2018 at 09:46 AM.
estsunrecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:15 AM   #285
Bri1
Banned

What day is it?? is it? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183627 |yet?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:30 AM   #286
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
It's the day of being orphaned......The truth is you can be orphaned again and again and again. The truth is, you will be. And the secret is, this will hurt less and less each time until you can't feel a thing.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:42 AM   #287
Bri1
Banned

Feed the children-feed them WT Imperial v5 .
3times daily-thankyou.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #288
Luxmaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
It's not the delay, it's the lack of communication. The adult thing to say is:

1. It's not gonna happen, sorry.
2. I'm 1 year away still.
3. It's done but I'm charging for it.
Agree.

He could care less what any of us think of his work. Sadly, his silence proves this to be true. Scores of enthusiastic people complementing, admiring/praising his year worth of hard work, and nothing to say in return.

L
Luxmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:44 AM   #289
woogish

"Speculation is often treated as fact and then confuses actual facts creating alternative facts and that results in idiots running our country".

In case you're not aware of it, the idiots running our country are the voters......on BOTH sides.
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:54 AM   #290
4x4uk

surely you mean ruining the country not running the country lol
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #291
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogish View Post
"Speculation is often treated as fact and then confuses actual facts creating alternative facts and that results in idiots running our country".

In case you're not aware of it, the idiots running our country are the voters......on BOTH sides.
Let's keep politics out of this. A huge number of fine Reaper users are not even from the US and care not a bit about our idiotic country.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #292
Judders

Quote:
Let's keep politics out of this. A huge number of fine Reaper users are not even from the US and care not a bit about our idiotic country.
Yeah, let's keep that in the lounge, where it belongs.

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a labour of love, and not something being done for money, so if it appears I'll be happy, but I don't feel entitled to it. I don't even feel entitled to communication about it. If it turns up, it's a gift. Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #293
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...
Agreed^ it does--but it's also human nature to be inquisitive/curious.No harm in a gentle bumb every now n then eh...
I hope this appears shortly-- knowing White Tie is alive because of recent postings,still we do not know if man,woman,beast or just pure pixel pusher.
Happy to be a user of any pixels that may be pushed this way... crossing eyes to be sure as well as mantra now. 8-)
Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #294
Judders

Quote:
Agreed^ it does--but it's also human nature to be inquisitive/curious.No harm in a gentle bumb every now n then eh...
I hope this appears shortly-- knowing White Tie is alive because of recent postings,still we do not know if man,woman,beast or just pure pixel pusher.
Happy to be a user of any pixels that may be pushed this way... crossing eyes to be sure as well as mantra now. 8-)
I liked your daily mantra. That was cute, not rude
Old 03-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #295
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a labour of love, and not something being done for money, so if it appears I'll be happy, but I don't feel entitled to it. I don't even feel entitled to communication about it. If it turns up, it's a gift. Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...

I agree with the not being entitled to the theme in any way but I do think that when you put something out in public and create EXPECTATIONS by saying (...should take me 6 months...) then a courteous thing to do is provide some simple adult communication about it even if the communication is to say "I'm done with it". Assuming he not in some emergency (which I hope he is not) then I expect a basic communication since expectations have been created. At least that's how my momma taught me and how I expect everyone I work with to act. It's nothing more than basic communication.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #296
Judders

Quote:
I agree with the not being entitled to the theme in any way but I do think that when you put something out in public and create EXPECTATIONS by saying (...should take me 6 months...) then a courteous thing to do is provide some simple adult communication about it even if the communication is to say "I'm done with it". Assuming he not in some emergency (which I hope he is not) then I expect a basic communication since expectations have been created. At least that's how my momma taught me and how I expect everyone I work with to act. It's nothing more than basic communication.
Sure, but I'd still keep it to myself instead of whinging to the person. But this is Britain, where everybody ignores everything while secretly judging everyone

It's just a REAPER theme, at the end of the day, and it will be ready when it's ready... or not.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #297
Coachz

Quote:
Sure, but I'd still keep it to myself instead of whinging to the person. But this is Britain, where everybody ignores everything while secretly judging everyone

It's just a REAPER theme, at the end of the day, and it will be ready when it's ready... or not.
The key is that "It's just a REAPER theme". It's definitely not worth getting worked up about but here in 'MERICA the way we handle people who don't show basic courtesy is to say:

But then when the response is insufficient we say:

Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #298
WKG

Quote:

Great point.

Way too much entitlement in this place and it get embarrassing to see. If I wanted a theme that bad I'd go learn how to create it myself before pestering the author. And If I posted a project here I certainly wouldn't yield to it, I'd drop the project completely before I did that.
WKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #299
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Great point.

Way too much entitlement in this place and it get embarrassing to see. If I wanted a theme that bad I'd go learn how to create it myself before pestering the author. And If I posted a project here I certainly wouldn't yield to it, I'd drop the project completely before I did that.

WKG, I think you are incorrect. The users I've seen post here IN NO WAY have acted entitled, they simply expect adult communication as do I. NOTHING MORE. They would be fine with "I'm NEVER FINISHING IT".
Old 03-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #300
Doc Brown

Quote:
WKG, I think you are incorrect. The users I've seen post here IN NO WAY have acted entitled, they simply expect adult communication as do I. NOTHING MORE. They would be fine with "I'm NEVER FINISHING IT".
I might be in the minority but I don't think any communication is required of him whatsoever. He never stated or implied status updates on a regular or irregular basis and never gave anyone a timeline for completion.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #301
drichard

You just made his point. When someone is donating their time and effort to you, having ANY expectation is entitlement. You are owed nothing. Nada. Not communication, not updates, not anything. The person is giving you a gift. When you pay for something, you have a right to expect communication, etc.

Quote:
drichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:08 AM   #302
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichard View Post
You just made his point. When someone is donating their time and effort to you, having ANY expectation is entitlement. You are owed nothing. Nada. Not communication, not updates, not anything. The person is giving you a gift. When you pay for something, you have a right to expect communication, etc.
Your idea of what entitlement is pretty damn warped. When someone says they're going to do something in 6 months then they create an expectation. Simply being an adult and updating people on the expectation you created barring any real life emergency is just being an adult and nothing more. I'm done discussing this topic as it seems apparent I'm dealing with children who do not know how basic adult communication works. Good luck in life.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #303
Judders

Quote:
I'm done discussing this topic as it seems apparent I'm dealing with children who do not know how basic adult communication works. Good luck in life.

(Meant in a light-hearted manner)
Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #304
Coachz

Quote:

(Meant in a light-hearted manner)
He he, nicely played sir.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:31 AM   #305
Judders

Quote:
He he, nicely played sir.
Glad you took it in the spirit it was posted

Anyway; WHERE'S MY DAMN THEME?!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #306
Doc Brown

Quote:
Your idea of what entitlement is pretty damn warped. When someone says they're going to do something in 6 months then they create an expectation.
You're quote is in red. What he actually said was "6 months to go would be my guess". I trust you can identify the glaring difference between your version and what was actually stated.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #307
Bri1
Banned

Heh- and so,after some light astral travelling 1 has discovered pixels are being pushed-and pushed at a rate of incredible speeds!!
Sweeties are comming to this shop!! tasty sweets 'n' treats that will be bigger than king kong's 1st dump of the day.
Won't be long now kiddiez... just wait n see>> a monstererous work of art is being created!!! it's huge!!! lol.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #308
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
You're quote is in red. What he actually said was "6 months to go would be my guess". I trust you can identify the glaring difference between your version and what was actually stated.
As my downs syndrome niece says "whatever".
Old 03-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #309
Coachz

Quote:
Heh- and so,after some light astral travelling 1 has discovered pixels are being pushed-and pushed at a rate of incredible speeds!!
Sweeties are comming to this shop!! tasty sweets 'n' treats that will be bigger than king kong's 1st dump of the day.
Won't be long now kiddiez... just wait n see>> a monstererous work of art is being created!!! it's huge!!! lol.
So you're saying there's a chance.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #310
BobF

Maybe WT got married before he could finish it
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #311
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Maybe WT got married before he could finish it
That would be enough to put an end to anything
Old 03-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #312
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
So you're saying there's a chance.
^ >>More than<<
Do you rea lly believe White Tie would go so far and just give-up?? lolz..

Quote:
That would be enough to put an end to anything
^quick----- run!!!!!!! there's an angry mob of newly weds just outside!!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #313
SoulOne82

Did you guys not get the beta version via email?

I am rocking the theme as I type

not.

SoulOne82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #314
WKG

The current version is available in the link in the first post.
WKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #315
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

From the Imperial V4 thread, 2012:

Quote:
I think he got tired of working on it and enjoys the drama. I'm sure it's a lot of tedious work. It seems to also show how hard Walter is to use when it takes so long to complete a theme. This thread is very sad for me. So much promise and so little movement. It reminds me why I left Cubase.

What strikes me is that this theme will likely be a very desirable theme when it is out and possibly propel Reaper to a new level of envy and desire in Daws. With that much potential I would have expected it to be finished quickly. Maybe there are some extenuating family circumstances preventing its completion but here we are a year later and no real communication about progress and timeframe. Like I said, this thread makes me sad because of what it might mean to the Reaper brand in the Pro DAW world but as yet is unrealized and seemingly stalled for reasons unknown.

Some genuine communication would be nice.
I'm sorry, after reading this (the current) thread it seems to me 99.9% of all posters in the current (this) thread did not make a drama out of it, I may be wrong but so far I can only see one person making a drama out of it (again)? At least there are no strange assumptions on who might enjoy the drama this time.

As for the communication, I think that old v4 thread (and several others) may have taught WT to not post too much (if anything) in such threads, because things usually go even more downhill from there. It was probably not a good idea to post an estimate on the time needed to finish the theme, when all he wanted is to get the WALTER out for others to play with. It's quite unusual in the REAPER world to make guesses like that, and I think most of us can see what one of the reasons for that might be. I can also see how this thread might be reducing the likelihood of communication even more, I know I wouldn't want to spend ages on phrasing something that couldn't get twisted against me, if I don't have to.

Sorry if I get unusually deep into defending WT here, but I know he wouldn't try to defend himself against stuff he shouldn't be bothered with in first place.

Last edited by Ollie; 03-20-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #316
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
From the Imperial V4 thread, 2012:

I'm sorry, after reading this (the current) thread it seems to me 99.9% of all posters in the current (this) thread did not make a drama out of it, I may be wrong but so far I can only see one person making a drama out of it (again)? At least there are no strange assumptions on who might enjoy the drama this time.

As for the communication, I think that old v4 thread (and several others) may have taught WT to not post too much (if anything) in such threads, because things usually go even more downhill from there. It was probably not a good idea to post an estimate on the time needed to finish the theme, when all he wanted is to get the WALTER out for others to play with. It's quite unusual in the REAPER world to make guesses like that, and I think most of us can see what one of the reasons for that might be. I can also see how this thread might be reducing the likelihood of communication even more, I know I wouldn't want to spend ages on phrasing something that couldn't get twisted against me, if I don't have to.

Sorry if I get unusually deep into defending WT here, but I know he wouldn't try to defend himself against stuff he shouldn't be bothered with in first place.
Thanks for the perspective Ollie. Wishing the best for all and the epic theme.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #317
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie
say:

Lol Ollie=super moderator (has feelings)
WT imperial v5> for the worldwidewin.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #318
woogish

I love this theme. I have no problem WHATSOEVER with WT's responses or lack thereof...
He owes no one here a thing.
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:11 AM   #319
Thalamus

"He owes no one here a thing.."

Agreed.

Sometimes the air of entitlement is palpable here.
Thalamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #320
Coachz