Old 09-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
zeekat
Human being with feelings

Default $80 guitar goin strong, also a new bass

Extremely cheap guitar I got three months ago keeps its geometry and integrity intact so far. And summer was brutal this year. Tried to get the bass of the same class but failed to do so, so got this one instead:

coz it looks awesome. And now I'm done with buying shit I don't need, someone slap me if I stray near the music store.

Made another single-taker multitrack with both of them, just because. I did a really primitive form of automated "patch switching" - recorded the guitar to few tracks at once with different effect chains and just automate mute/unmute of each it right moments. Somehow feels safer and faster than dicking around with sending program changes to POD farm. Same with keys. I never really figured out program changes.

Not sure how it sounds, because of three weeks of constantly listening to it while composing, arranging, tracking, re-retracking and mixing. Guitar is a bit dirty - lead track is first take, I left all the stray finger noises and so on out of laziness/for authenticity. Plus it's single coils, so hum galore. Might not be quite in tune, but that's just me, perfectly intonated guitar sounds not-quite in my hands even if I don't bend strings left and right. Magic.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
zeekat
Human being with feelings

Remixed it with doubled guitar and uploaded to sc

https://soundcloud.com/zeekat/vision-supervision

being proud of myself until checked with the original version and there's barely any difference. I need to take a break. Altough I think I did kill the bass fret click bits that sounded like clipping in places.