Old 08-05-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
k!lowatt
Human being with feelings

Default No MIDI On New Computer

Hi All-

I've been working on a MIDI generating VSTi for a while - I recently got a new computer and immediately realized that it was no longer generating MIDI within Reaper, but just on the new machine. In an effort to rule out issues with my code/dev setup, I started from scratch with new projects on both my new and old computers, added a VSTi on a new track in each, and routed the Virtual MIDI keyboard output to the new tracks. The projects are exactly the same on the two computers.

On my old computer, the behavior is as expected - MIDI registers in the meter of the track I added. On the new computer, nothing. Both machines are Windows 10 Home, 64-bit and the same version of Reaper is running on both (v6.13). Does anyone have a clue what I might be missing?

Thanks!

iTunes Radio: Staggered Laboratories - Facets
k!lowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Fex
Human being with feelings

To simplify the problem, I suggest removing the Virtual MIDI keyboard from the equation, and see if you can get the VSTi to respond to MIDI from an existing MIDI item. Either drop some MIDI onto the track, create some in the MIDI editor, or load some with an existing project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k!lowatt View Post
Does anyone have a clue what I might be missing?
Of all the things that might go wrong with a new installation, Reaper failing to generate MIDI at all seems quite unlikely. It is more probable that that there is a MIDI channel mismatch between the Virtual MIDI keyboard and the VSTi.

HTH
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote