Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
Destructavator
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER 2.53 Line 6 POD Farm Plug-in won't run

Hi, not sure if this is the fault of Line 6 (Their plug-in is new and just released), or a problem with REAPER, but after authorizing the POD Farm plug-in all I get is silence when adding it as an FX to an audio track, and it also doesn't add any CPU usage in the lower-left of the FX display. I can see the GUI and manipulate controls of the plug-in OK, but it won't process audio, it just gives silence. On the same machine I fired up an older version of Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio and got the plug-in to work fine.

The old Gearbox plug-in has always worked fine, no problems there.

I played around with REAPER's VST settings page, no combination works.

I'll be posting this issue on both the REAPER and Line 6 forum, hopefully a fix for this incompatibility will come soon.

Either that, or I'm missing something stupid I can't figure out...

Last edited by Destructavator; 10-29-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify with more info
Destructavator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Untamed Spirit

did you update your drivers to 3.4.2.9?
Untamed Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
billybk1

This is a POD Farm issue, as Gearbox works just fine. I believe it has to do with REAPER's 64bit mix engine. In order for it to work in 32-bit SONAR you need to turn it's 64-bit Double Precision Engine off. I have alerted Line 6 Tech support and they are aware of it. There are some early issues with POD Farm v1.0 that still need to be ironed out in a future update.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
BoxOfSnoo

Same problem here. I have the latest drivers too, yep. It works in Tracktion 2 on my machine too. The Mac PPC version AU works, but not the VST (Can't test on my Intel Mac yet).
Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Destructavator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybk1 View Post
This is a POD Farm issue, as Gearbox works just fine. I believe it has to do with REAPER's 64bit mix engine. In order for it to work in 32-bit SONAR you need to turn it's 64-bit Double Precision Engine off. I have alerted Line 6 Tech support and they are aware of it. There are some early issues with POD Farm v1.0 that still need to be ironed out in a future update.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Thanks for the fast reply (all of you). Is there a workaround for now?
Destructavator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
GIlJanus

I just tried this on a PPC Mac - 10.4.11 - Reaper 2.53 OSX Beta.

The Gearbox AU plugin works fine.

The PodFarm AU plugin works fine.

The PodFarm VST plugin doesn't pass audio out. It also has issues with it's UI - I couldn't get it to select presets.

I'll post on the Line6 support site too.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 AM   #7
billybk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructavator View Post
Is there a workaround for now?
No, unfortunately there is no workaround for the POD Farm VST v1.0. We will have to wait for an update. For those that would like REAPER POD Farm VST compatibilty, I would suggest posting over at the Line 6 support forums about the issue. The more vocal we are about it the faster it will get fixed.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
drillbit

There is a workaround for Reaper and Pod Farm

Just run it in a vst host plugin. This seems to be the best:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=show&id=2497

Load the 'Effect Chainer' plugin then load Pod Farm into it.

Works great. Line-6 are aware of the problem and I'm sure they will update it soon. It's a bug with 64bit data.

cool, new sexy software. Should run on an iPhone too

d
drillbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
HotDogWater

The VST wrapper does make it work. Mostly. BUT - it obscures all of the effect parameters. All you see are the wrappers parameters. So you can't control the (wrapped) plug in with Reaper's automation and you can't assign MIDI CCs to change them. So it's a good but not a perfect workaround. Rather disappointing from Line6, IMO, when you look at the list of DAWs that are too sophisticated for the plug in at this point. Outside of that the plug in is very cool.

Anyone know of a free VST wrapper that exposes all of the plug ins parameters, until Line6 gets it together with the 64-bit thing?
HotDogWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #10
drillbit

Default Not worth it at the moment

Looking at the Line6 forums, there are a heap of bugs in this software. I'm waiting till they update, to use it. I'll stick with Gearbox. Effects just disappear, don't save and mute themselves. Not worth it at the moment. The amp sims sound the same anyway.

No sweet GUI for me.
drillbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #11
HotDogWater

After talking with Line6 tech support yesterday, who really did give a good go at helping me, it does sound like they are planning to make all kinds of improvements to POD Farm in the future.

Quote:
The amp sims sound the same anyway.
The one advantage it has now (in addition to the GUI) is the ability to have two concurrent amp rigs, which does open up some new dimensions.

I actually picked up the POD Studio product (as opposed to upgrading a Toneport device). Sadly, it seems the POD Studios are NOT compatible with Gearbox software (it will show up in Monkey as an available download but they can't authorize/activate it). So no option to use Gearbox VST until the next version of POD Farm is released. So a bit of a warning for Reaperites considering one of these. It may be best to wait for the next release.
HotDogWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
rusticovertones

I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be worth asking since it seems like there's a lot of pros. I tried the trial version of POD Farm 2.55. At first it loaded fine (a couple of weeks) ago but now all of a sudden it doesn't work. Since it was an unlimited trial version I figured it should not time out so I never bothered to authorize.

So then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything to see if it works but no dice. And then I tried authorizing it to the pc for good measure and uninstalling and reinstalling again. It just crashses in Reaper right away.

In fact it is crashing other hosts as well so I guess this is more of a POD issue but I was wondering if anybody had perspective or suggestions on this issue. When it worked, it was pretty cool but I'm not sure I want to upgrade to a better package now if the unlimited trial version can't even work properly.

Disappointing that the POD Farm stuff can't even work properly on Windows 8. Anybody have any perspective on this? Thanks!
rusticovertones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
rusticovertones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticovertones View Post
I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be worth asking since it seems like there's a lot of pros. I tried the trial version of POD Farm 2.55. At first it loaded fine (a couple of weeks) ago but now all of a sudden it doesn't work. Since it was an unlimited trial version I figured it should not time out so I never bothered to authorize.

So then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything to see if it works but no dice. And then I tried authorizing it to the pc for good measure and uninstalling and reinstalling again. It just crashses in Reaper right away.

In fact it is crashing other hosts as well so I guess this is more of a POD issue but I was wondering if anybody had perspective or suggestions on this issue. When it worked, it was pretty cool but I'm not sure I want to upgrade to a better package now if the unlimited trial version can't even work properly.

Disappointing that the POD Farm stuff can't even work properly on Windows 8. Anybody have any perspective on this? Thanks!
OK. This is now working. Really weird issue. Apparently, it is not registered to my ILok but it had something to do with it. I noticed my ILok plugins were acting up so I had to unplug and plug the ILok back in. After doing that mysteriously my POD farm plugs work.
rusticovertones is offline   Reply With Quote