Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
feline1
Human being with feelings

Default Waves plugins not showing up in Reaper

(Forgive me but I am kinda cross-posting this from the MacOSX forum http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=71240 - I suspect my issue belongs in Reaper Bug Reports though)

I just treated myself to a copy of Waves L1 Ultramaximiser VST plugin (part of Waves 7.1, same as your GTR Solo).

As far as I can tell, it is installed correctly, and authorized on my iLok dongle.

However despite adding the path to the plugin in Reaper Preferences > Plugins > VST (it lives at C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins on my machine), L1 Ultramaximizer doesn't show up in the list of plugins.

When I clicked "Clear cache/re-scan", I get a dialog popping up 3 times during the scan saying "The program can't start because WavesLib 7.1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

The thing is, WavesLib 7.1.dll *is* present (it lives at C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins too). I tried reinstalling Waves (both using the Repair option on the installer, and completely uninstalling it and downloading again from scratch) but this didn't help.

Any suggestions? Having just paid $200 for L1 Ultramaximiser and $80 for an iLok dongle, needless to say I'm a little disappointed. And if I want to submit a support request to Waves, I have to pay them $30 for an "update plan". Gah!

Could the filename "WavesLib 7.1.dll" be confusing Reaper's search? (since it has a space and two dots in it?)

I am running Reaper 3.74 x64 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Last edited by feline1; 02-11-2019 at 11:55 AM.
feline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
feline1

Update:

I have solved my problem.

The fix was:
- explicitly add C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves as a VST search path, rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins

Quite why this should work, I do not know, as the error was that it couldn't find a particular DLL, and that DLL was in the Plugin-Ins sub-folder, not its parent. /Shrugs/
Something is buggy somewhere, but where it's Waves' or Reapers' fault I do not know...
Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
chameleoned

Default Waves 9 plugins

Just my own .02 cents here. Last year when I first purchased Waves 8 plugs for my Reaper system, I remember it took me hours to get it straightened out. I think it finally *mysteriously* just started working for me. Unfortunately, I had forgotten all that today and went to upgrade to Waves 9. What a disaster! Waves plugs showing up in reaper but no way to run them. I tried to revert back to Waves 8 and had more problems. Well, long story short- I'm in the middle of a long term paying gig and really need things working out without a lot of futzing around. Final recourse was to do a system restore back to Waves 8.... That brought things back around, but what a headache! Like everyone else, I really love Reaper. The power of this program is amazing- but I keep finding little problems like this that really test your patience.... BTW: running WIN7 64 Bit system for what it's worth. Morale of the story: Make sure you have plenty of downtime if you want to do an upgrade....
chameleoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
feline1

I'd say the problem is more likely with Waves than it is with Reaper!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
styzer

Default THANK YOU!

feline1: "The fix was:
- explicitly add C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves as a VST search path, rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins"

That for me was the missing piece. I now only have two folders, the first vstplugins from my Win7 64bit folders (all my VST and VSTis).

The second folder scanned: Waves is pulled from my x86 /waves folder. I I moved the WaveShell.dll file into it and indeed, it's now showing up.

Many thanks!! NOW to work!

Regards,

Andre
Old 10-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
DuX

This is weird since all that is needed is Waveshell plugin in your VST folder that Reaper can see. No additional paths should be necessary. Waves should handle it by themselves.