Old 07-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
mike@overtonedsp
Human being with feelings

Default ACM-2A Plug-In for Linux

So, a little while ago (as a user, rather than a developer), I found myself trying out a plug-in, with a great looking 3D modelled photo-realistic UI - but I couldn’t help feeling that sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. And it got me thinking that perhaps it was time to experiment a little and see if I could cook up something that kept the essence of the original hardware (so the visual cues are there for those familiar with them) but with a more stylized, and modern UI.
At the same time I’ve watched Linux gaining in popularity for audio significantly over the last year - with more plug-ins and DAWs being ported all the time it seems (which is great to see, especially as someone who has been involved at some level for the past decade - initially with the linuxDSP plug-ins).
The result is the ACM-2A plug-in for Linux - its available through the Applied Computer Music Technologies Ltd website.

The perfect antidote for anyone who's overindulged on super-realistic 3D modelled flaky paint and rusty vintage metalwork…
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@overtonedsp View Post
The perfect antidote for anyone who's overindulged on super-realistic 3D modelled flaky paint and rusty vintage metalwork…
You should make the skin so that it fades and cracks over time, like every 30 days it gets a little more dingy and dinged up looking. Just like real hardware units!
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
swindus

Looks great!
swindus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:15 AM   #4
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
Looks great!
Thank you, there's another addition to the range -

The ACM500 channel EQ for Linux builds on the original EQ500, adding a highpass filter, modified control ranges, a mid-range Q control, phase / polarity switch and output level trim.
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote