Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
mustgroove
Human being with feelings

Default Horizontal scrolling in mixer window requires vertical mouse/trackpad scroll?

For some reason, Reaper is now requiring a vertical scroll using mouse (Mighty Mouse with scroll ball) or Macbook trackpad in order to scroll horizontally in the MCP...

1) when the MCP is docked below the TCP and the mouse cursor is in the MCP:
- horizontal scrolling of mouse/trackball = TCP scrolls horizontally, MCP doesn't scroll
- vertical scrolling of mouse/trackball = MCP scrolls horizontally, TCP doesn't scroll

2) when the MCP is in its own window and the mouse cursor is in the MCP:
- horizontal scrolling of mouse/trackball = no effect on TCP or MCP
- vertical scrolling of mouse/trackball = MCP scrolls horizontally, TCP doesn't scroll.

At some point in the last updates, this seems to have changed without me touching any prefs the expected behaviour is that horizontal scrolling of the mouse/trackball should produce horizontal scrolling of the MCP.

Any clues what's going on?
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
dan_subcut

yes ive noticed this . im on mac with a magic mouse and horizontal scroll doesnt seem to work in mcp , you have to scroll vertically on mouse to move the mixer horizontally, it seems bit unintuitive.. i have tried changing actions for scrolling assigned to mousewheel but no joy. i also seem to have lost the ability to vertically gesture swipe to move full page up/down. "multivert" doesnt appear when trying to assign it in the actions window, it recognizes horizontal swipe still but not vertical
dan_subcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #3
esosotericmetal

Yea, super annoying. Hope this gets changed at some point, as well as some improvements to multitouch gestures in general.
esosotericmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #4
ijijn

I've noticed something similar when trying to scroll horizontally in the TCP/arrange window.

When hovering over the TCP then horizontal scrolling works properly, but when hovering over the arrange section (an item or in empty space) it doesn't.

In my case, this is with the Logitech MX Master horizontal scroll on Windows 10.

Would love to see all this improved at some point.
ijijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
The Bunker

Yep noticed here as well. I have a mouse with a dedicated horizontal wheel... super annoying.
The Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
storyteller

Is there any way to just disable scrolling for mixer view? I have a magic mouse and I scroll all of the time unintentionally while in mixer view.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
jackmilas

Hi,

It's quite annoying that it's not possible to scroll the mixer window with a horizontal two finger swipe on a touchpad like it works in any other application. Perhaps there's some setting that would allow to change this?
jackmilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #8
jackmilas

Today I checked the issue on my friend's PC, as I am a Mac user and I thought this might be a Mac specific issue.
It's the same on Windows, vertical scroll on the pointing device results in horizontal scroll in the mixer window.
On top of that, the scroll is very abrupt in the mixer window - a fraction of a scroll wheel movement scrolls through several channels at once. The scroll should be smoother.
Another observation - the mouse pointer needs to be placed above fader section of the mixer. When the pointer is placed above inserts or sends, scroll wheel in the mixer window is not working at all.
jackmilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
EMK

I have this problem as well. Hope it will be fixed.
EMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #10
friedlfriday

I agree

+1
friedlfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:31 PM   #11
maralatho

2021 and it's still behaving this way. On macOS, swiping horizontally on the mixer should scroll it horizontally, but it doesn't. I can't seem to find a way to change this behavior.

UPDATE: Found the checkbox! Yay.

Last edited by maralatho; 04-30-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Figured it out!
maralatho is offline   Reply With Quote