Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 08-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
EZZ16
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper error i cannot solve. I need help please.

Hi everyone. Some weeks ago i opened reaper for the first time in a while to check a project i was working on. Suddenly, this message appeared on the screen: The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired. This only happens for waves plugins, all of them. I've been looking similar problems on this forums but they are too technical for me, as im not a native english speaker. I have tried to clear cache and rescan, change the plugins to a new folder... Nothing works. So im looking for help around here because i need to solve this as soon as possible. I would be very grateful.
EZZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #2
martifingers

Hi EZZ16. I am no expert and certainly not with waves plug-ins but have you tried just checking that the waves vst are still where they should be? For example if you start a new project can you add a waves vst? Are they "physically" still present in the relevant directory?

And then perhaps uninstalling them and re-installing them?
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #3
toleolu

I've received that same error a few times when working with other peoples projects where they had a plugin of some type on their system that I don't have on mine.

Maybe follow what martifingers said and make sure everything with the wave plugins on your system is playing nice with Reaper.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
EZZ16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martifingers View Post
Hi EZZ16. I am no expert and certainly not with waves plug-ins but have you tried just checking that the waves vst are still where they should be? For example if you start a new project can you add a waves vst? Are they "physically" still present in the relevant directory?

And then perhaps uninstalling them and re-installing them?
Hi Martifingers, thank you for your reply. Yes, i checked that and they were in the folder they've always been. I also tried to move them to another folder but that didnt work. I started new projects but they were affected too in them. At last i re-installed them but nothing, i run out of ideas.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
EZZ16

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
I've received that same error a few times when working with other peoples projects where they had a plugin of some type on their system that I don't have on mine.

Maybe follow what martifingers said and make sure everything with the wave plugins on your system is playing nice with Reaper.
Hi toleolu, thanks for your reply. Yes, i already did all that martifingers suggested, i'll check again everything.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:58 PM   #6
ivansc

Are you using Waves Central to do the reinstalling?
Did you check after reinstalling & doing a clear/re-scan that they Waves stuff wasn`t showing up in the "plugins that failed to scan" option when you press the "rescan" button?

Have a look and see what is showing up & where in those menus.
If you DO have items showing as not having scanned successfully, that is where your problem is.

What is your native language? There may be help available in your own language in the appropriate forum section, assuming you speak one of the languages available there.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:41 AM   #7
EZZ16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Are you using Waves Central to do the reinstalling?
Did you check after reinstalling & doing a clear/re-scan that they Waves stuff wasn`t showing up in the "plugins that failed to scan" option when you press the "rescan" button?

Have a look and see what is showing up & where in those menus.
If you DO have items showing as not having scanned successfully, that is where your problem is.

What is your native language? There may be help available in your own language in the appropriate forum section, assuming you speak one of the languages available there.
Hi Ivansc, thanks for your reply. Yes, im using Waves central to do the reinstalling and when i press clear/re-scan the plugins are scan correctly. But then they wont show/run on the project and they have like a black icon on the FX channel's list. Yes, there is a forum section with my language but it seems pretty empty and abandoned.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:36 AM   #8
ivansc

Shame about the non-0eng;lish language area....

Silly question, but I assume you already tried bypassing the waves plugin that doesn`t show up in the project & then trying to re-enter it on another track?

Or for that matter, re-enter it on the same track.
IF it is showing up when you press the FX button in the TCP, there is no obvious reason why it will not load.
However, over the years I have quite often loaded a project that had a plugin already in it that somehow or other got moved physically within the computer`s hard drive.
In every case the plugin was there in plain sight but was not loading. When I looked at the plugin location in the project, it showed a different location to my current one, so I had to di what I outlined above. The plugin showed up on the track, but unfortunately the settings I had used were not retained.

I hope this is all that is wrong.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #9
jnorman34

If the waves plugins are showing on your fx list, they are being scanned and recognized by reaper. That means the project itself has stored a file pathway that is no longer valid.
Remove the waves plugin(s) from all tracks and masterbuss on the project, save, and close reaper. Reopen reaper and then re-add the waves plugin(s).
jnorman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:24 AM   #10
EZZ16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Shame about the non-0eng;lish language area....

Silly question, but I assume you already tried bypassing the waves plugin that doesn`t show up in the project & then trying to re-enter it on another track?

Or for that matter, re-enter it on the same track.
IF it is showing up when you press the FX button in the TCP, there is no obvious reason why it will not load.
However, over the years I have quite often loaded a project that had a plugin already in it that somehow or other got moved physically within the computer`s hard drive.
In every case the plugin was there in plain sight but was not loading. When I looked at the plugin location in the project, it showed a different location to my current one, so I had to di what I outlined above. The plugin showed up on the track, but unfortunately the settings I had used were not retained.

I hope this is all that is wrong.
Hi again ivansc, thanks for all your effort on this. Yes, i tried to re-enter them in severals tracks with no change. Its like the entire waves plugins have been banned from reaper in my computer. Every time i put them on a track they dont show up and all i got its their name and a black icon on the FX list of the track. Your comments about the plugins location are really interesting, i think im going to reinstall them and check carefully their location and the folders im using. Thank you again for your support
Old 08-06-2021, 12:05 PM   #11
EZZ16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman34 View Post
If the waves plugins are showing on your fx list, they are being scanned and recognized by reaper. That means the project itself has stored a file pathway that is no longer valid.
Remove the waves plugin(s) from all tracks and masterbuss on the project, save, and close reaper. Reopen reaper and then re-add the waves plugin(s).
Thank you jnorman34. That makes sense, but i dont understand what do you mean for masterbuss, is it the master track?
Old 08-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #12
dug dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZZ16 View Post
i dont understand what do you mean for masterbuss, is it the master track?
Yes, it is.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote