Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 08-08-2021, 09:57 AM   #41
Lucian
Human being with feelings

ecollegepc.com Look into the custom builds

I have built my last 2 machines on here and just priced out a silent running i9 with 32 gig ram, no drives or peripherals for $954.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #42
swiller
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
Just completed my first build of a PC after my 9 year old daw pc i7 3700k motherboard bios broke......
Thought id update having used the new system with just reaper for a few weeks...
Managed 18 instances of diva with 5-6 poly 4 bar loop legato, divine and multicore mode, with an instance of izotope 5 on each diva instance before it crapped out with an maudio 2x2 via usbc . The patch was a long release dream pad looping on 4 bars. This is stock 5600x and no PB02, but allowing the £50 motherboard to do its job in terms of usual AMD ram/cpu turbo modes.

Imho, there has never been a better time to upgrade. Managed to put old HDD komplete 10 ult audio libraries onto old SSD and new m2 drive which feeds the ram brilliantly and loads 20gb into 3600 ram about 7 seconds.

This rig does a compelling job on negating decades old processor/loading times problems and for £600 arena corroborates the never been a better time to upgrade argument.

Motherboard getting some reliable kudos very recently. 128gb ram possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRdeN51UWI

And released last week , onboard graphics in the 5600g that can play big titled games in HD. 5700g is another £50 and looks like a peach for a family based pc that will manage audio fine.
swiller is offline   Reply With Quote