Old 08-25-2021, 08:55 PM   #1
kirk1701
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt 6 mono outputs

I'm trying to set up the multi-outs of 60s Drummer in mono. Mono definitely makes a different sound.

I have a track template setup, but the outputs aren't matching. I don't know what I've done wrong. Anyone willing to check it out?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y48mtz9s8r...kTemplate?dl=0
Old 08-26-2021, 07:24 PM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
I'm trying to set up the multi-outs of 60s Drummer in mono. Mono definitely makes a different sound.

I have a track template setup, but the outputs aren't matching. I don't know what I've done wrong. Anyone willing to check it out?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y48mtz9s8r...kTemplate?dl=0
Hi Kirk, I tried your template and couldn't get much sound out of it. It also didn't work well.

So I set the Kontakt 6 outputs back up for stereo and loaded the same kit you used. I got it to work pretty well.

I know you were experimenting, but due to the very nature of the Abbey Road setup, I'm not sure of what could be achieved.

PS: I am working on getting my profiles to you.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Kirk, I tried your template and couldn't get much sound out of it. It also didn't work well.

So I set the Kontakt 6 outputs back up for stereo and loaded the same kit you used. I got it to work pretty well.

I know you were experimenting, but due to the very nature of the Abbey Road setup, I'm not sure of what could be achieved.

PS: I am working on getting my profiles to you.
I totally got this working! I'll post my template when I'm back in front of my Reaper machine.

I took a deep dive on how to use the mono outs in Kontakt. I found an older post from Darkstar in which he says you must assign the stereo outs first.

I reset Kontakt to its default of one stereo out, then added seven mono outs, and restarted Kontakt. The mono outs had to be assigned manually, but that wasn't too difficult. I used the mono aux outs

Upon restart, I ran Reaper's "build multichannel routing" action and it assigned everything nicely.
Old 08-27-2021, 07:33 PM   #4
kirk1701

Okay, I think I've got this!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bmk4ze0n3...ktemplate?dl=0

It remains to be seen if there's a marked difference in tone to the stereo outs, but that's another discussion altogether.